Author Topic: 223 Handi vs Groundhogs  (Read 550 times)

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
223 Handi vs Groundhogs
« on: June 09, 2007, 04:42:51 AM »
Finally got to shoot some hogs using Blue Dot loads in my 223 Handi.First one at 50 yards out of my garden,next two right at 100 yards each.All were one shot lights out.The load I've been shooting for awhile was 10grs Blue Dot 50gr hornady sxsp remington case and primers.As many here know I am a hornet fan and have been for years,so this load makes the 223 into a hornet but with a 50gr bullet.Must say I'm very happy with it,same cost as loading hornet and very nice to plink with or shooting paper.I think I better go load more. :)
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers

Offline Mitch in MI

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.sportsmenforkerryedwards.com/
Re: 223 Handi vs Groundhogs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 05:51:20 AM »
No filler?
Does it print two groups if you point the muzzle down before half your shots and tip it up before the other half?

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Re: 223 Handi vs Groundhogs
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 10:06:24 AM »
No filler.Never tried what you suggest while shooting paper.But I think I will when I get time. ;)Have shot uphill and downhill while plinking and out to 100-150 yards never noticed any shift in impact.Of course that was mostly shooting at pop cans people throw out,but then again since I can hit the cans,groundhogs are in trouble. ;D ;D
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers