Author Topic: Help Please !!  (Read 895 times)

Offline goldhound56

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
Help Please !!
« on: June 09, 2007, 10:13:02 PM »
 I've traded for a cannon , I need anyone to help and tell me what I have ! On the barrel is Jukar Spain .70 cal. Black Power Only . The barrel is 15 inches from end to end , the wheels are 12 inches tall ,it has adjustment at the back of the barrel to go up and down . Can someone tell me what I have , about how old it is and what it might be worth I may have too much in it !!

Thanks Kenny

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: Help Please !!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 12:25:00 AM »
Modern - the stamp 'blackpowder only' tells you that it is (in my WAG opinion based on memory of what I've seen not hard fact) that it could be no older than 1960's.

Pictures would really help - likely that someone would recognize a similar one.

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 12:53:10 AM »
more than likley you have a cannon marketed under the CVA brand name between the 70's and last year. The last few years were sold under the "Traditions" brand name. I believe they have finally stopped selling cannons. The collectors value seems to be high on them, they are worth at least as much now as when they were sold new in kit form... maybe more. A picture would help, but it may be worth in the 150-200 range, maybe a little more. I am assuming it is a field cannon style?

They show up on ebay now and then, so if you want to get an accurate idea as to what t is worth, keep your eyes on that.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.lioby.com
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 03:27:08 AM »
I did a little more digging. Might it look like this?

If so, it is worth a few more buck than my first guess. Here is a link to Dixie gun works

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_info.php?products_id=1673

Offline goldhound56

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »
That's it in the Dixiegunworks ad . My cannon is not in that condicton, mines about 50%when i got it . I'm reworking it . I do not have a way to post pic's , so thanks for all the help .

Thanks Kenny

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 05:53:27 PM »
I do not have a way to post pic's ...

If you can take digital pix, there are ways to post them.  If you have a scanner, you can scan film prints and post the scanned images.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill