Author Topic: Send the Bush a message.............  (Read 4104 times)

Offline powderman

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Send the Bush a message.............
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 03:21:50 AM »
DEE , i want the laws enforced with regard to the illegals , my point is that laws are already on the books ! who and why aren't they being enforced ? how did 12 million people get in with out someone saying why !
if the illegals are theft's then the officials that turn their backs are just as guilty !
but its hard to fault someone that comes in when some seem to hold the door open !
lets get our house straight then work on the neighbors !

SHOOTALL. There ya go making sense again. No new laws needed. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Online magooch

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 04:03:06 AM »
Oh yes we do need at least one change in the law and that is that coming into this country illegally should be a capital offense instead of a misdemeanor.  On the southern border they should be shot the moment that both feet are on U.S. side.  That also should apply to coming ashore--any shore that belongs to us.

Also, there should be a 48 hour grace period and then any illegal that is still in this country should be fair game.

Of course none of this will happen, because no one has the guts to get serious about solving the problem.  Difficult problems are sometimes best solved with simple, but effective measures.   
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 04:35:17 AM »
magooch , say you own a boat ! you have a crew ! one pulls the plug and water comes in ! do ya shoot the water or the crew ?
or do ya plug the leak , get the water out and then get rid of the bad crew ?
its not as easy as it sounds !
its like losing weight , ya put it on for 30 years and expect a diet to take it off in a couple weeks !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 01:12:42 PM »
all 3 !

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007, 02:14:02 AM »
There seems to be a problem with at least one of those branches. The 3 are Judaical, Legislative and Executive branches. All three are supposed to be independent of each other in that each runs it's own branch. Here lately though I have seen the Legislative branch sending subpoenas to the Executive branch which I thought was a no-no when it came to interfering with different branches of government. This tells me that the Legislative branch is out of sync.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 02:41:43 AM »

The leftists and the other "amnesty" backers use terms like..1.) "they do work that Americans won't do."..and 2.) "they pay taxes !"..

Lets take #1..My military grandson's wife worked for some time for a home/business cleaning service . She was the only one that was not and illegal . All the employees were paid the same, but my granddaughter took home much less money !

Huh !..Yup, that's right..the illegals were not paying their taxes, FICA, disability, or anything else !
(why PAY for unemployment, disability or anything else, when there is welfare and free medical care for illegal border hoppers ?)

Perhaps if American workers were offered the same money..plus enough to pay all the costs for being an HONEST American ( taxes, FICA, disability etc.)..those jobs would easily have all been filled by service wives..

Now #2..If an ILLEGAL does pay taxes..they have either stolen some honest person's identity..and may have used it to steal more..or they have forged identity documents  (Social Security card etc)  in which case, these "do-gooders" are protecting persons guilty of multiple crimes since they broke the law by sneaking in..

I am almost as angry at the illegals as I am with those that are trying to pave the way for them.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline powderman

« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 03:23:46 AM »
Our mcconnel changed his vote to NOOOOO. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Online magooch

« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 04:08:27 AM »
magooch , say you own a boat ! you have a crew ! one pulls the plug and water comes in ! do ya shoot the water or the crew ?
or do ya plug the leak , get the water out and then get rid of the bad crew ?
its not as easy as it sounds !
its like losing weight , ya put it on for 30 years and expect a diet to take it off in a couple weeks !

This country ain't a boat and it ain't water that's gettin in.  All of the analogies in the world and all of the analysis ain't going to solve the problem.  If the infiltrators were pretty sure they might get shot for coming here, or being here, they just might not come here.  Keep it simple.
Swingem

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 04:18:48 AM »
DEE , i want the laws enforced with regard to the illegals , my point is that laws are already on the books ! who and why aren't they being enforced ? how did 12 million people get in with out someone saying why !
if the illegals are theft's then the officials that turn their backs are just as guilty !
but its hard to fault someone that comes in when some seem to hold the door open !
lets get our house straight then work on the neighbors !

Well now SHOOTALL, I agree with everything you said in this post. BUT, to get OUR HOUSE STRAIGHT, we have to THROW OUT THE THIEVES. As I stated before, start prosecuting the people that hire them, and the jobs will disappear, and then, one by one, the THEIVES will disappear ON THEIR OWN.
Term limits would solve a lot of this crap. We need a government revamp, where it rotates out every eight years or so. It would give less time for infection to set in as it has now.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2007, 06:47:16 AM »
Tm7 guess again , leg. branch  controls the FBI , SS and ATF to name a few !
jud. has federal marshalls and hears the cases !
now both enforce the laws of the nation !
the leg enforces laws on itself , and more important they fund the other two so in effect they can control any of the departments by cuting funding ! which has been the problem on the border not enough $$$$$ to get the job done !and the can send a case to the court system !
if all three didnt have a say the the system of checks and blance would not work ! govt, 201 !
in govt. 301 you learn about the 4th branch you and i , and being on a jury !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2007, 06:51:22 AM »
DEE , don't disagree , some of the theives are in our house ! if you work illegals you are as bad as them !
if we didn't buy and use drugs in this country there would be no dealers !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2007, 05:19:31 AM »
tm-7 I did , it takes all three ! as far as the border the pres. could order troops to close it !
the court could order it closed and order fed marshals to see it happened and cong. could pass a law to close the border and fund it and the pres. could pass or veto , the court could uphold it or not ! a long term enforcement takes all three !and after all is said and done if anyone goes to court for crossing illegal we the people can find them guilty and support the law or find innocent and end the law !
it seems you are looking for the first to slap the cuffs on some one , the border patrol unless etc. etc. etc.
its the responsibility of the people in our country to make it safe , like police  the fed. govt. reacts to problems !

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2007, 06:47:52 AM »
The President, according to the Constitution, must "take care that the law of the land be faithfully executed”,,,,and that is the President’s primary function by oath. Think about that.

And some folks are fast to condemn those of us who choose to criticize a lame duck president that absolutely refuses to do his job.  Bush's performance both as President, and as Governor of Texas has been less than satisfactory.  He "ruled" as a dictator, failing to heed the advice of many of his advisers, or the request of those who put him in office, the voters of this great nation.  

Never think for a minute that the immigration issues is dead, Kennedy and the dumbocrap crew will attempt to cram it down our throats in 2008, immigration will be one of the hottest issued during campaigning for the next election.  The move to legalize the illegals aliens is growing every day, it gains momentum because too many of those who are opposed refuse to write or call their elected officials and express their opposition.  

Several Presidents had the power to correct our immigration problems, and provide for better border security, but as Shootall said above, they fail to do their job.  The machine is in place to correct the problem, but someone had to direct the action and take an aggressive stance to do so.  If given approval, and funding, to do their jobs, ICE, Border Patrol, the Military, and local police can correct the problem.  First crack down on those that hire the illegals, with no job most will go home, Initiate a method of documenting immigrants that is not as easily counterfeited, cut off food stamps, medical care and other perks, and allow the LEO to pick them up and sent them home without a lengthily court battle. Maybe we need to recruit Frank McKeithen, Sheriff of Bay County (Panama City Beach, Fla).  to head up the forces, he has been very effective in riding his county of illegals

This may sound harsh to some, but it is a serious problem, and permitted to continue, will ultimately lead to the down fall of this country.  Think it can't happen, take a good look at California, the Mexican influence there, their goal, and the progress they have made in the past five years.  Even the Mayor of LA has stated that it is his desire to give the state back to Mexico.  By allowing the illegals to gain a footing to enable them to put a man such as this in power reflects how venerable we really are.

Keep in mind, the failure of S 1639 this week was not a victory in the immigration battle, it was a small skirmish that WE won.  The battle will continue, what we must do now is insist the President do his job and enforce existing laws.

Offline powderman

« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
ROCKBILLY. Agreed Sir. Can't understand how these invaders are given access to food stamps, welfare, adc checks. They have no rights as far as I'm concerned. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2007, 02:18:26 AM »
Tm-7 , does not congress enforce the laws that the pres. breaks ? impeach ?
does the court not enforce issues where criminals escape or commit crime in prison ?
and do not the members of congress and the court both swear to up hold the laws of the U.S.A. ?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #45 on: July 02, 2007, 03:16:28 AM »
TM-7 when a bench warrant is issued in a Fed. court and a Fed. Marshall  arrest the person who the warrant was issued for breaking a law , exactly what did the president have to do with it ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #46 on: July 02, 2007, 08:55:47 AM »
This sounds like a fair plan, I doubt that GWB will go along with it as it does nothing to increase his image with the President of Mexico.  I suggest everyone give him a call at 202-456-1111 and let him feel the pulse of the average American.

Tell the White House that the best way to create trust for the guest-worker program is to set aside the immigration bill for now and spend the next eight months fully enforcing and implementing the laws on the books. Then, the President can come back in January and see whether a guest-worker program is really necessary. By then, we will know whether enforcement is working.

Following are even more talking points here.

Talking point:      The president wants us to trust him to make sure S. 1348 doesn't repeat the mistakes of the 1986 amnesty, but you have to earn trust. The president has had six years to enforce our existing immigration laws, but he has failed to do so.  

Talking point:      S. 1348 continues to offer legal status at the very beginning, before ANY new enforcement. The much-touted triggers apply only to requiring enforcement before a guest-worker program and before the illegal aliens apply for a path to citizenship; they can work and live in the U.S. legally for the rest of their lives, regardless of whether any new enforcement ever happens.

Talking point:      It would be easier to trust President Bush to enforce our existing immigration laws if he had shown more interest in doing so during the first six years of his administration.

Talking point:      The enforcement provisions of S. 1348 are about certain levels of hiring, certain amounts of facilities, and certain infrastructure being in place. They are not about meeting particular goals about reducing illegal immigration.

I will address the orginal suggestion of this thread with: Why? He hasn't listened to anyone else concerning this. He hasn't realized the threat to national security with a wide open border. Why would he listen to us?
The man though likeable with his TV persona grew up with room service, and body guards. Do you really think he understands the common man, and his common everyday problems? Do you really think he knows what it is like to wait on payday Friday so you can pay his bills, fix his truck, buy groceries, pay the kids doctor bills, take his wife to dinner, GET MEDICAL INSURANCE, and live on what he makes when his wife gets sick or looses her job.  If you do, then you are as dense as he is.

It's like war. For several thousand years, the rich man has decided what we should fight over. He sits on his horse on a hill (figuratively speaking nowadays) and waves his mighty hand, and the little man (that's you and me) do the fightin and dieing. And when it's all over, him and the other rich man become friends again, and start doing business with each other AGAIN, and the little man goes home and tries to put his world back together.

Bush or anyother rich boy is not going to kick the mexican out of our country because it is just not good business. Congress isn't going to because they don't have the stomach for a fight to the finish. Everyone should know that after 52,000 good men died in Viet Nam, and we are now fighting with the same rules in Iraq.

They WILL NOT LISTEN to us. They haven't IN YEARS.

There is an old saying; If you always do, what you've always done, you will always get, what you've always got. We as Americans continue to vote the same crap in time after time after time and yet expect change? ::) JM2CW

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007, 01:37:52 AM »
fed. Marshall's directed by the court !

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007, 03:12:04 AM »
tm-7 thank you for your effort ,
but it just hit me , we are responsible ( we the people ) , since we elect the pres. you may have uncovered  the root of the problem in this country ! we think everything should be taken care of for us ! are we all becoming welfare types ?

Offline Dee

« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007, 03:38:00 AM »
tm-7 thank you for your effort ,
but it just hit me , we are responsible ( we the people ) , since we elect the pres. you may have uncovered  the root of the problem in this country ! we think everything should be taken care of for us ! are we all becoming welfare types ?

SHOOTALL, would you comment on my post # 58, as I believe you might agree. If not, then I would like to hear why not.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007, 03:46:57 AM »
I agree , now how do we get someone in that can get it straight ? IT SEEMS EVERY NEW POLITICIAN THAT CROSSES THE BELTWAY GET CORRUPTED ! maybe the system has gotten to the point it controls us all !

Offline Dee

« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007, 04:12:59 AM »
Although I do not agree with all that TM7 believes, I believe that in many ways he is on tract. We ARE to a large part controled by the government.
For instance. If we choose not to for what ever reason, NOT to pay taxes, they may not only garnish our wages, but will also CONFISCATE our property that was bought with already taxed money.
On a slightly smaller scale; If we get up one morning and decide; Today, I am not going to wear my seat belt. I am driving one of the safest cars on the highway, and it is my PERSONAL CHOICE. Here is where it gets good. PRETEND YOUR IN TEXAS, AND UNDER TEXAS LAW.
You pull up to a stop sign, and stop. A street legal dirt bike pulls up next to you, and the KID on it, has no helmet (legal in Texas), no shirt, no shoes, and is wearing a pair of shorts. As you and the kid pull away at the same time, the cop across the street, pulls in behind you, stops you, and issues you a citation for no seat belt. You ask him why, and he advises you it is a safety issue.
Does this law make sense to you? It does when you realize that the State of Texas gets about $75.00 of EVERY citation written in the state, regardless of the agency that issued the ticket. It is a revenue law. EVERYONE occasionally forgets or intentionally doesn't wear their seat belt. And city, state, and federal governments are counting on that fact, to get into you pocket book to the tune of around $150.00 a pop.
What this country needs is a GOVERNMENTAL OVERHAUL. HOW? TERM LIMITS! However, this will never happen, as we have bred a stable of PROFESSIONAL POLITICIANS.
Solution? A concerted nation wide effort to vote'm out.
Thus my statement; If you always do, what you've always done. You always get, what you've always got!

Offline Dee

« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007, 06:53:17 AM »
Shootall,,,,The People did their part for the most part. The elected officials broke their oath and their covenant with we the People. The result is a two-party plutocracy and agenda. In my mind, way down the road a bit we have no choice but to vote a 3rd party in with the promise of resurrecting the Republic and our basic laws that act as a shield from government intrusion. Instead we have a government that has enacted and interpreted and setup a mechanism to support intrusion and curtailment of freedoms, all the while telling us that is what people want for various securitate rationalizations.
   In addition, to what Dee said about correcting things, we need to change how politics and politicians are funded by certain people and groups. Personally, I think that will be difficult until a 3rd party truth candidate rises to the top.
  Meanwhile, there has never ever been, in all of recorded history, a War declared by The People.

...TM7

TM7 I would agree will all said in this post, with the exception of the last sentence. I believe the PEOPLE are the ones whom decided to kick the British and the French out of the US, and did so. The people once again are going to have to kick the government out of their living rooms. Voteing should be the first alternative tried.

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #53 on: July 03, 2007, 09:18:57 AM »
"He violated civil rights in Waco, killed innocent women and children in Idaho....."

Wrong on the Idaho thing.  That one happened on the watch of our beloved Big Daddy Bush.   

No, it didn't. clinton was president at the time when that happened.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2007, 10:32:33 AM »
Ok , but we need to keep on voting , not vote once and forget it . have ya'll seen the latest from Va. ? a speeding ticket for in state drivers , is over $1000.00 if you are 20 mph over limit , but out of state drivers get the old $200.00 fine , it seems the crazy ideas are not limited to one state ! Let me assure you the Governor has lost a huge following ! no more votes for him or his bunch no matter what they run for !
Maybe a new party needs to rise up ! Dee for pres. TM-7 for vice pres. ANYONE SECOND THAT ?

Online magooch

« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2007, 03:38:25 AM »
Soooo, it seems that everything isn't Dubya's fault.  A heck of a lot of what we don't like is put on us by state and local governments and they were elected by who?  That's why democracy isn't perfect, but the next best thing is a whole lot worse.

Third parties wouldn't change a thing--unless the candidates are all selected from this forum.  The problem is that not everyone in this country thinks, or believes in the same things we do.  I know my neighbors vote different than I do, so I guess that's who I've got to start blaming for some of the   high taxes and stupid laws that I don't like.

As for Presidents, there hasn't been one yet that has done everything the way I would like and I've been around long enough to see a bunch of them.  I can't think of anything right now, but even Buhba must have done at least one thing I agreed with and that's the way it goes.  I would love to have a President who would just do what he thinks is right for the country--keeping in mind that this country is based on freedom, liberty and independence--and then stand up to the Congress that is always going to be a pain in the butt.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2007, 04:51:20 AM »
We need to get all people to vote , if that happened i believe the largest % of the voters would be normal people not special interest groups ! Jesse Jackson is only going to be around as long as he can produce the votes needed to keep the politicans in office that cater to his group of followers , so if all the non members of special interest groups ( normal people ) got out and voted maybe we could get politicans that would go back to running the country not catering to speical intrest groups !
term limits would go a long way to help this along !
But most of all  what ever is done it must be  with in the limits of our present laws , to do anything else would open the door to change without control ! we in fact have the best system the world has ever seen WE JUST NEED TO USE IT CORRECTLY !

Online magooch

« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »
I absolutely disagree that we need to have all people vote.  Part of the problem we have right now is that too many people vote, but they haven't got a clue about the too often rotten and corrupt people they are voting for.  In my opinion, nearly everyone who votes for Dumbycrats are very misinformed, or are hoping to get a government that provides for them from the cradle to the grave.  Sadly, there seems to be more and more Republicans that are going down that path also.

We've come a long way in the wrong direction from the time when John Kennedy said, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."  The best thing Americans can do for their country is to get informed about the issues and the candidates and then vote for what is truly best for the country and not for some pandering socialist.
Swingem

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2007, 04:20:35 AM »
magooch , you disagree then say vote ? very confusing !

Offline deltecs

« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2007, 07:55:04 AM »

Yep...I thought about that. That last sentence is actually a paraphrase of a famous quote, by who escapes me at the moment. But our Revolution was organized behind the scenes somewhat and only 25% of the people supported it....75% didn't want to get involved or so I've read. Thank God there was a hand full of learned men that drove this revolt through, except the ending of our revolt remains a little murky.
TM7

[/quote]

TM and others who want to send Bush a message, ought to reread just what you wrote.  25% of the people supported our founding fathers and 75% did not.  Isn't this percentage close to Bush's popularity polls?  Just maybe our leaders know more than you think regarding our involvement in Iraq as that is where his popularity started to fall.  After that many people just jump on the criticism band wagon without researching the facts or using their emotions rather than logic.  With the 2008 elections relatively soon, both major political parties are posturing for position.  I do not think this country needs the reset button pushed but it does need more attention and education to the voters to be more familiar and involved with the voting issues and people they are voting for.  The majority of voters are unbelievably ignorant of government workings, issues, and candidates positions.  If the voter can get something that they think is a freebie from government, that seems to be the position they'll vote for not realizing that someone else pays the cost for them.  Just maybe, the 25% percent of the people who like Bush may be in the right and the rest of the people are wrong.  It  has happened before during Clinton's' administrations when his popularity was 75%+ during his impeachment and disbarment for perjury.  Maybe those same hard right wing conservatives since they were correct then may be correct now.
Greg lost his battle with cancer last week on April 2nd 2009. RIP Greg. We miss you.

Greg
deltecs
Detente: An armed citizenry versus a liberal society
Opinion(s) are expressly mine alone and do not necessarily agree with those of GB or GBO mgmt.