Author Topic: BOYD stocks  (Read 9843 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Re: BOYD stocks
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2007, 01:42:58 PM »
JUST FYI...

I just closed my dispute with BV Pawn over the birch stock that was sold as walnut. I have accepted a refund that reflects the actual value of the stock.

I also swapped the stocks around. better be safe than sorry. I know H&R offers these from the factory...but we also just saw one broken.... I may not be the most handsome guy here..but I have gotten accustomed to my looks and don't want to change them just now.

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2007, 02:39:49 PM »

Good Deal... ;D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2007, 03:48:21 PM »
Sooo Iwas gonna use this camo lam thole on my 243 & 30-06 ultra comp. You fellas thank it ll hold up??    What do you think the chances are that this guy refunds all of us??    Jay
I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2007, 04:11:44 PM »
I've got one on a factory sourced 243 Ultra and a BVPawn camo lam on a 7x57, the 243 has about 40 rounds thru it, the other one hasn't been to the range yet, but I don't see a problem with the laminated stocks which are stronger than solid wood as long as they don't delaminate, time will tell.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline capnduane

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2007, 04:28:58 PM »
Gonna shoot my 223 Lam Thole tomorrow morning, can't hardly wait! Like a kid on Christmas eve! Might be a good idea to put some finish inside the bolt hole, mine looks bare. Especially if the stock is used in the rain..........

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2007, 04:58:01 PM »
Sooo Iwas gonna use this camo lam thole on my 243 & 30-06 ultra comp. You fellas thank it ll hold up??    What do you think the chances are that this guy refunds all of us??    Jay

If your stock isn't right..call him...

If it's ok..and doesn't need finishing with it fitting correctly and is what was described to you before you paid for it...then enjoy it...Not all of them that everyone got was bad...so...by all rights...he shouldn't have to refund every one...just those that didn't get what was promised or have problems...I thought you liked yours Jay...? http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,120567.msg1098416137.html#msg1098416137

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline burntmuch

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (114)
« Reply #186 on: July 28, 2007, 02:40:17 AM »
I do like it, the finish looks good but thats not gonna stop it from snapping. I guess Im gonna have to take this to the range & shoot 50 rounds or so with it. See if it holds up???  I just dont like the Idea of having a stock that will only work for a 204,223 , 0r 243   Jay

I dont care what gun Im using as long as Im hunting

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #187 on: July 28, 2007, 03:04:50 AM »
BUSTA,
 Just curious, what did you end up doing?  Did he do right by you? I think you said you had better than $150 invested...

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline roostertails

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #188 on: August 01, 2007, 02:52:38 AM »
Snakedoctor,
If you can not get a response from the seller you purchased the stock from and you payed with a credit card you can take the following action to get your money back including all shipping cost incurred by you.
Box the stock up and ship it back UPS, determine what it will cost you to ship the stock back,. Ship the stock back to the seller C.O.D., add your shipping cost and the cod charge together and the seller will be required to pay this amount in order to get the package. Once you have shipped the package contact your credit card company and file a charge-back on this transaction and give your credit card company the UPS tracking # for this package. All that is required of you in order to receive a full refund from a charge-back is for you to be able to provide evidence that you returned the item to the seller.
Once you have filled a charge-back with you credit card company your account will be instantly credited for the full amount of the original transaction, but will be in a pending status until the package reaches the seller.
If the seller accepts delivery of the package your refund will be completed and the seller will have paid for the shipping cost you incurred to return the package, if the seller refuses delivery on the package it will be returned to you and you will be out the shipping cost of the package and the cod charges but you will get the item back. Your credit card account will be credited the full amount of the original transaction whether the seller accepts or declines delivery of the package as the only evidence you are required to provide is that you returned the package to the seller.
Snkaedoctor - Since you are not the only one that has purchased this type of stock and incurred a failure and or personal injury, Another avenue you may want to consider  is as follows. There is currently a private shooting group that are conducting tests and gathering evidence to determine if these stocks are dangerous to the public. after all tests are completed and all evidence gathered the group will determine if the evidence collected will justify a further action against the manufacturer and or any agents of the manufacturer. If you would like more info about this action you can PM me and I will provide contact information to you.