Author Topic: BOYD stocks  (Read 9854 times)

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
Re: BOYD stocks
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2007, 08:35:01 AM »
Do Not leave bad feedback.... Inform the seller Via the "Contact Seller" link on E-bay and tell you them you want a refund, and they have 10 days to get it to you, If not you Will Leave bad feedback And take further action. You have to be Nicer about it than you probably want to be, but Ebay Feedback is a pretty big thing to a seller, and once you leave a Negative, it can't be taken back. Sorry about your bad experience... I'm glad i like cheap plastic :) ~Ace~

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (82)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2007, 08:56:23 AM »
The picture on the auction is not the stock I received either. I wanted the pacmayer pad like the one in the picture, but he sent me the standard NEF pad. I sent him a message when I bought the second one that I wanted the one in the picture. He still sent the wrong one. >:( >:( If I were you I would just follow the advice of e-bay.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2007, 09:45:13 AM »
Sorry to hear that Busta, I've never had a bad deal on Ebay yet, that being your first transaction there certainly  isn't what to expect. Ditto cowboyup453's recommendation, if he's willing to do a refund, I'd go that route and see how well it goes, he's got to follow thru with his offer in good faith, I suppose he'll take his time about it tho :'(.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline darat100

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (79)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2007, 10:00:41 AM »
Busta

Jay is right about getting your money back.  However, you will not get $25 of it.  Ebay keeps that part.  If you used paypal, you will eventually get it back.  Takes a while though.  And you won't get your return shipping back.

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2007, 10:06:29 AM »
Is this guy selling Seconds or Blems from Boyd Stocks?  I went to Boyd Stocks website and couldn't find any stocks for NEF.  Are these a special run?
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline Ten Ring

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Contributor
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2007, 10:24:19 AM »
Since I don't use e-bay I contacted Boyd's direct about a month ago. I have bought many stocks from Boyd's direct and was surprised to hear them state contact the seller on e-bay about any info on these stocks.
Ten Ring
223,22-250,280,270,357m,2-35 whelen,2-444 marlin,3-45/70,45LC,45/70BC.,500SW,35rem,300aac,44mag

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2007, 03:34:52 PM »
Busta,
 I am very sorry you are having to deal with this, it really blows!!

I will mirror what the others have said, keep the feedback as your ace. Don't use it until every-other avenue is exhausted.

Sorry to say, Ebay will offer little help. I would suggest you contact seller and try to come to an agreement.

I still have not received my first set either and the one I did is NOT Walnut. I would not have purchased it if I knew it was Birch.... That's my battle, thus far the seller has NOT contacted me. I have sent numerous Emails thru Ebay.

On a side note, this guy has purchased from ME!!!  I sold him a Savage 30-30 barrel. When he got it he complained to me about the barrel being cut off. I listed in the description that the barrel had been cut and the front sight re-installed. We arrived at an agreement and I gave him some money back and all was well. I didn't have to, as it was as i described but I have been on Ebay a LONG time and thus far have maintained a 100% rating. I will do everything in my power to maintain that. Besides, I didn't expect to get what I got for that barrel and even with the refund I did OK. I tell you this because like ACE said, Feedback is VERY IMPORTANT to most sellers.

Good luck and PLEASE keep us posted!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2007, 05:51:31 AM »
I think I figured out what he was pulling. I am not sure, but this is how I see it. Does Pay-Pal hold the payment until you get your merchandise? I never looked into it. I sent him my payment in the form of a Money Order, the date he receives it, he can cash it and have money in hand. On the other hand if Pay-Pal works how I think it does, he don't get his money until you get your merchandise? He would not be able to justify waiting 10 days to send a Pay-Pal order either.

I was not the first to order these stocks, but I was certainly far from one of the last. I purchased on 6-23, he received my payment on 6-26, but held off sending my stocks for a full 10+ days. I know if someone sends a check, they can delay shipping for up to 10 days to clear the check, correct? So, in the meantime others ordered stocks and were receiving them well ahead of me. I am only surmising that they were paid for by Pay-Pal, he shipped out the better looking stocks first to get the good feedback, so more would be willing to purchase the rest. Once they were all sold, then he released the worst looking blems and unfinished (recoil pad) stocks. I hope I am wrong, but I think the next few stocks will clearly be BLEMS like mine.

Ace, you made a valid point about liking plastic, I like it too. I could spray a layer of bedliner over the Camo laminate BLEM and make it look like synthetic. I really wanted these stocks bad, but wanted ones that would look decent. I thought about just sending them back, but then thought about the next guy that was excited to buy these when they list them again, and his disappointment and disgust. What to do???

I just can't get over how little the negative feedback is on these guys, surely I cant be the ONLY one they screwed over? I haven't figured out what I am going to do for sure yet, but you can bet they won't ever get the chance to screw me over again, and hopefully no one else either. I may just keep them, cut my losses, lesson learned, but they don't give you enough space to write $165 worth of negative feedback.

Not only did they lie to me, but eBay as well. They entered that the items were shipped on 6-26-07, when they actually were not shipped until 1:17 PM CDT on 7-6-07. I hate liars and crooks, and they are both!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline bcspider

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2007, 04:57:44 PM »
Hey guys,
              I am new to posting, but have been utilizing the knowledge from this forum for about two years now.  I too bought two of these stocks off of ebay and sent payment two weeks ago and have not heard or received any information from the seller.  I hope you are not right about the rest of the stock to be sent will be blems.  That would surely be a disappointment.  Please keep this thread going and post any information you get to help the rest of us out.  I will give the seller another couple of days, then I will start calling on the phone.

bcspider

Offline Dirt Diver

« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2007, 04:55:09 AM »
When I was looking for a thumbhole stock for my handi rifle I purchased one very similar to the stocks that guy is selling on ebay. The one I purchased was made by Gunstocks Inc., after I had received the stock I received a notice to return the stock for a full refund and they would send a UPS call tag for the return shipping. I called GSI and asked what the deal was, I was informed that this type of stock was defective in design and considered dangerous to shot because of the method used to attach the stock to the gun. GSI stated they had tested these stocks attached to a 30-06 gun in a lead sled that was set up on a recoil base and after 50 shots all the laminate stocks had developed cracks and/or the laminate started separating, all walnut stocks that were tested cracked after 75 rounds had been fired and some had even collapsed. I did receive a full refund for the stock, Along with the refund I also received notice that GSI was making a different style thumbhole stock for the handi rifle they were calling the Stinger thumbhole stock that had been fully tested and approved, they also offered to send me one free of charge. Needless to say I accepted their offer and am quite happy with their stock.
I also contacted Boyd's and inquired about a thumbhole stock for the handi rifle and was told they had made some but they didn't work out and the project was scrapped and no thumbhole stocks were available for the handi guns.
It would seem this guy on ebay has gotten hold of a bunch of defective stocks from somewhere, and would seem the stocks are in all states of completeness and he must be adding pads to the stocks that didn't have a pad.
I would beware of shooting any of these stocks and I would also contact Boyd's and ask if this guy is an authorized Boyd's dealer as he states on the auctions.
I just thought I would share my experience with the handi rifle thumbhole stocks and my 2 cents worth.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2007, 05:13:32 AM »

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2007, 07:07:11 AM »
Well,
 I finally got my other stock yesterday.

It looks very line.(Cinn lam) It too has the Marlin recoil-pad installed. This one is going on my 500 S&W...so that post about the cracking under recoil has me concerned!!! I am going to fit a Limb saver pad to it before I shoot it.

Tim,
 I haven't checked your links yet. Hopefully they will dispel my concerns.

One this I have noticed...the comb seems lo. I mean my eye doesn't lighten up with the scope as it did with the handi scope stocks. Anyone else notice this?
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2007, 07:29:39 AM »
I didn't notice a problem shooting the 243 T-hole, the scope was mounted in medium Burris rings, a comparison with an Ultra Varmint looks like the t-hole stock comb is about 3/8" lower.

Tim

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2007, 02:21:38 PM »
Looks like Busta wasnt the only one this guy burned. Check out his feedback now. :-\

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2007, 03:32:53 PM »
Their website is now practically inert. www.bvpawn.com
Why doesn't Boyd's offer these directly? The one I received appeared to be okay and there seems to be a good market. Would H&R/NEF sell them outright as they do their other stocks?  ???

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #135 on: July 16, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »
I've checked on getting them direct from H&R, not likely to happen for a while, it's not their plan yet anyway, but that could always change. My guess is they'll dedicate those they get to new rifles just like they do with barrels when a new chambering comes available.

Tim

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #136 on: July 17, 2007, 01:14:34 AM »
It appears BVPAWN is making another run at selling T/H stocks, ebay is chocked full of them this morning. I don't have a spare 100 bucks laying around to further test their integrity. Any brave souls willing to take one for the team?

Offline rex6666

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #137 on: July 17, 2007, 05:22:37 AM »
Shortly after i started this thread, i e-mailed boyd they first told me they were in their cat.
i e-mailed them back and said i couldn't find then he told me they were under shotguns,
e-mailed back , still couldn't find he said maybe i should just call some gun shop that was a dealer, they had never heard of them.
why would a pawn shop have the market cornered on these stocks, and their dealers never heard of them.
They have a fresh boat load on e-bay today
Maybe they bought the defective ones and are picking through them and selling what they
think they can.
If they are this bad looks like BOYDS would put out a disclaimer, they are using BOYDS name
Rex
GOD GUNS and GUTS MADE AMERICA GREAT

Texas is good for men and dogs, but it is hell on women and horses.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #138 on: July 17, 2007, 05:35:18 AM »
No thanks, already did, and I've had my fill of those shysters! These are obviously H&R/NEF rejects and blems, otherwise the legitimate respectable Boyds dealers would be able to get them too. You can see where the ends were fitted to a fixture (receiver).

Notice they are blaming their shipping as the problem, guess USPS only delivers in AR. They had my USPS Money Order payment in three days, including a Sunday, but took ten more days to take their lazy butts down to the Post Office to send my stocks. Then add in another 5 days to get here. This Post Office just happens to be in the same town. So that excuse is just another lie to try to do damage control. I had several e-mails/messages and 5 phone calls invested. They answered the e-mails promptly until they received payment, then NOTHING after that. Just lies over the phone, no paper trail.

Good luck to anyone who deals with them!
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2007, 02:48:42 PM »
I think I figured out what he was pulling. I am not sure, but this is how I see it. Does Pay-Pal hold the payment until you get your merchandise? I never looked into it. I sent him my payment in the form of a Money Order, the date he receives it, he can cash it and have money in hand. On the other hand if Pay-Pal works how I think it does, he don't get his money until you get your merchandise? He would not be able to justify waiting 10 days to send a Pay-Pal order either.

I was not the first to order these stocks, but I was certainly far from one of the last. I purchased on 6-23, he received my payment on 6-26, but held off sending my stocks for a full 10+ days. I know if someone sends a check, they can delay shipping for up to 10 days to clear the check, correct? So, in the meantime others ordered stocks and were receiving them well ahead of me. I am only surmising that they were paid for by Pay-Pal, he shipped out the better looking stocks first to get the good feedback, so more would be willing to purchase the rest. Once they were all sold, then he released the worst looking blems and unfinished (recoil pad) stocks. I hope I am wrong, but I think the next few stocks will clearly be BLEMS like mine.

Ace, you made a valid point about liking plastic, I like it too. I could spray a layer of bedliner over the Camo laminate BLEM and make it look like synthetic. I really wanted these stocks bad, but wanted ones that would look decent. I thought about just sending them back, but then thought about the next guy that was excited to buy these when they list them again, and his disappointment and disgust. What to do???

I just can't get over how little the negative feedback is on these guys, surely I cant be the ONLY one they screwed over? I haven't figured out what I am going to do for sure yet, but you can bet they won't ever get the chance to screw me over again, and hopefully no one else either. I may just keep them, cut my losses, lesson learned, but they don't give you enough space to write $165 worth of negative feedback.

Not only did they lie to me, but eBay as well. They entered that the items were shipped on 6-26-07, when they actually were not shipped until 1:17 PM CDT on 7-6-07. I hate liars and crooks, and they are both!
This whole thing upsets my stomach. I hope you guys are wrong about factory seconds. I have come very close to buying these stocks a couple times and have not as yet. There are alot of good people here and I hate to see them get screwed for the sake of money. Busta I have sold more than 200 items on Ebay and Paypal has never held my money till the buyer receives his or her products. That idea is out the window. When you click pay  now it goes into my account in most times under a minute. At that point I can spend that money a minute later. I do know this for sure. The reason being I have been varified by Paypal and they know who I am and where I live and what bank I deal with.     Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline bluebayou

« Reply #140 on: July 17, 2007, 02:57:43 PM »
I think that you guys did the right thing in leaving the bad feedback if nothing else.  I realize that it is a very small consolation, but people are too hesitant to leave bad feedback.  If you tried to resolve and they didn't.....then everyone else needs to know they MIGHT get a bad deal.  10 bad feedbacks out of 457 means that the guy isn't going to go out of business either.

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #141 on: July 17, 2007, 03:26:29 PM »
i'm just curious - for those of you who left negative feedback (and I went to eBay and read some of it) did he reciprocate with negative feedback to you?

That may be one of the reasons why other folks don't leave negative feedback - they are concerned they may get some back when they didn't do anything to deserve it. That happened to me, I bought something that was packed poorly, it arrived damaged, and when I asked about it, the seller said it was sold as-is. I didn't know if the damage happened because of the crummy packaging or was damaged prior to shipping. I wasn't overly concerned. I accepted that it was an as-is purchase (it was a scope). I just wanted to know what happened because I was charged almost $10 for shipping and it came in just a bubble envelope with about $1.43 postage. I just asked for a $5.00 refund on the postage. .

The seller basically told me to get lost. I left feedback saying the item was not packed well and he left feedback saying that I was a jerk and shouldn't be trusted. I kind of expected something like that, and I resisted giving truthful (and negative) feedback because of it. But in fact, his negative feedback to me (the only one I have) hasn't had any effect on my eBay buying or selling since then.
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2007, 02:41:10 AM »
Thanks Dale for clearing that up. I just didn't know how it worked. When I found out a few years ago that Pay-Pal was anti-gun, I never gave them any consideration.

bluebayou,
I think so many people are worried about their ratings that they use the cookie cutter responses. I would bet my life savings that he deserves more negative feedback than he has.

tallyho,
I don't really care what he says, a liar is a liar is a liar. My payment was sent about an hour after I made my purchase on a Saturday...took three days and one was a Sunday...he said he shipped the day he received it, but actually didn't ship for 10 days...then add another 5 days to get here. Then one didn't even have a fitted pad, and the other has a defect (void) in the lamination.

It will be his loss, because if these would have been in decent condition, I would have bought at least two more.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #143 on: July 18, 2007, 05:26:58 AM »
He's changed his description now, that the stock received may not be the same as the pictured example. :(

Tim

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2007, 04:08:38 AM »
He's changed his description now, that the stock received may not be the same as the pictured example. :(

Tim
Just for general information purpose's this is now how his auction reads now.                    THIS STOCK IS FULLY FINISHED

Designed for EXCELLENCE

The balance and ergonomics are superb.

If you are serious about your shooting this stock is for you!!!

The picture used in this auction is a stock photo therefore, stocks are subject to minor changes. An example of this would be a different Butt pad etc.

ONLY SHIPS TO UNITED STATES

Buyer Pays $15 Shipping to lower US

We will ship your product out within 3 days of receiving payment. We have recently experienced problems with our shipping service and because of  this conflict we will now be shipping soley through UPS. You will receive an E-mail from us giving you the UPS Tracking #.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline cowboyup453

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2007, 04:46:53 PM »
I won one of the auctions to day I'll let you know how it goes. :-\

Offline capnduane

« Reply #146 on: July 23, 2007, 06:46:31 AM »
Well, I shoulda read this thread a while ago! Actually, I did, but didn't notice all the new posts on it. I did 'buy now' on one of the Nutmeg T holes, just couldn't stand it any longer! :P I did paypal on the 18th, and he sent stock via UPS, tracking says it should be here Wed, the 25th. I was gonna get the Forest camo, but the colors don't look like whats on my "Camo Lam" forend. Green/brown/blu, versus gray/brown/purple. I have a Cinnamon stock and forend, so will use the Cinn forend with the new T hole stock. Thats too bad about the Walnut being stained Birch, as the one he showed on Ebay looked real sweet..... Wonder what type of butt pad I'll end up with? ::)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #147 on: July 23, 2007, 11:33:48 AM »
Wonder what type of butt pad I'll end up with? ::)

Generic ventilated rubber rifle pad.

On same subject...I never did hear from the guy concerning the false advertising... I opened a dispute thru EBay.  Lo and behold, he responded same day!!  He only offered to refund my funds if I returned it.  I am leary of sending it back and then having to chase my money.  Besides I do like the stock but would never have paid $100 for Birch!! I sent him back a note asking if this was his only offer of resolution.

I'll post up any all happenings.

CW

NRA LIFE Member 

Offline capnduane

« Reply #148 on: July 23, 2007, 01:39:17 PM »
CW, your rifle sure looks good with that stock on it, if thats Birch its some nice lookin wood! Went by Ace Hardware today and got me a bolt for the Thole. All they had was Chrome, doggies ;D if that aint purty! Little bit shiney, but seein as this is a truck rifle, it will match the chrome on my Toyota OK!  I'll try to get by McFadden Dale, they WILL have the correct Button heads in black.

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2007, 02:54:55 PM »
Well the guy either sold all of his T-Hole handi stocks or pulled them, as there currently aren't any listed on ebay.