Author Topic: Monarch UCC?  (Read 663 times)

Offline Aaro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Monarch UCC?
« on: June 15, 2007, 10:42:45 AM »
What is the Monarch UCC line? What does the UCC stand for? Are they good scopes Thinking about gettin one for my 243 and can't decide if it will be a Buckmasters or Monarch UCC.
"If guns kill people I can blame mispelled words on my pencil"
                                                             -Larry The Cable Guy :-D

Offline one eye joe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Monarch UCC?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007, 12:21:27 PM »
UCC stand for Ultra Clear Coat, which is the coating process used on the lenses. Supposed to allow greater light transmission than most scopes. The Monarch line is better than the Buckmaster line. Very nice scopes that are going for good prices right now as Nikon is redoing their scopes and have changed this model line.

Offline ken2222

• Trade Count: (23)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »
UCC are nice glass....if you can find one at a good price, I'd be surprised if you don't love it....let me know if you don't...I'm looking for a long range version myself so I'd probably take off your hands if it fit my bill.... ;D  and price range of course...

Offline eye shot

• A Real Regular
    • Mike's Obituary
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 03:55:47 PM »
 Got my new Monarch UCC 3x9x40 BDC Yesterday, $237 to my front door. It now sits atop my 12ga USH. It compared well above my other scopes last night at dusk! I should have got two or three at that price.
RIP Mike. Died on July 14th, around 2am, with his family at his side, he went peacefully to be with god.

http://www.sent-trib.com/obituaries/michael-l-schulte

Offline sweetwyominghome

• Trade Count: (25)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 01:25:08 PM »
You have to spend quite a bit more $$ to get better glass then offered by the Nikon Monarch lineup. And it's only getting better as a revamped lineup is due out late this summer.

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 03:29:01 PM »
The Nikon Monarch is the top of the Nikon Line in a 1" tube.  The Nikon Gold is a 30mm tube but other wise the same as the Monarch.  They are great scopes.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater