Author Topic: Ya wanna help GBO? Here's a way!  (Read 766 times)

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
Ya wanna help GBO? Here's a way!
« on: June 16, 2007, 04:28:41 AM »
I go to the "Round The 'Ole Pot-Bellied Stove" forum every so often just to see what interesting stuff might be going on there. I went there a couple of days ago and I'm glad I did. I found this topic http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,120507.0.html

Bill and Matt apparently are not the kinds of guys who usually need help in conducting their own business. And that to me is one of the strengths of this GBO site. That being said, according to the above thread, GBO has grown to such a size that more resources, equipment and techology is being utilized in order to keep this the best site of its kind!

I have often wondered, over the years I have hung around GBO, how I might actively help support the site (other than the obvious, yet indirect, method of patronizing the advertisers). I pay for membership in various organizations, and shooting ranges. I pay fees and taxes for various products, priveleges and services (some of which I do not believe I receive sufficient value in return  :P - but that is another topic) So, I thought of donating a percentage of what I earned from stuff that I sold through the GBO classifieds - but there was never any mechanism to do that (nor desire for it on the part of Bill, Matt and the GBO crew). So be it.

When you check out the thread, you will notice that they are not directly asking for help, nor instituting a fee of any kind, (which they could legitimately do in my opinion) but simply making it possible for folks who wish to, and are able to, support this site with a contribution.

I have to say truthfully, I now feel better about being a member of the GBO family - it has been a small annoyance for me over the years I have played, and learned around here, being unable to contribute more directly. Now, to my delight, that seems to have changed, and I can actively and directly make a contribution to this, my most favorite site. 

Thanks to everyone at GBO, including the moderators, and all the helpful - and occasionally challenging ;)- members and contributors for the immense value I get from this wonderful place; and I am pleased to now have an opportunity to give a bit back!

Cheers
Kerry
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Ya wanna help GBO? Here's a way!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 05:17:10 AM »
Very well stated, Kerry!

Thank you,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 05:53:39 AM »
Thanks Tim...

And to put one more small thing to rest that has occasionally kept me up nights - how do you get that "thumbs up" smiley that you often use?  ???  I like it.

Kerry  ;D
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 06:30:31 AM »
You can save any smiley, just right click it and choose "Save picture as", then upload it to your picture hosting account. I use MyHostedPics, it's a GBO owned site and is free. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 06:41:37 AM »
You can also in the case of this smiley right click on it and select properties. It will give you the URL Tim has already assigned to it which is: https://www.gboreloaded.com/mhp/images/quickdtoo/thumbsmiley003.gif

and just insert that URL as I'm doing right here:   Then highlight it and click the little image icon between the big W and the URL icon right above the similies and that will cause it to show up as a smiley as it has above for me.

But by all means open an account at www.myhostedpics.com and post your images there.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Booyah

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007, 07:00:14 AM »
Thanks Tallyho,  As I don't read that forum very much and I would have probably missed it.  I read the post and made my contribution. As much as I enjoy and us GBO, it is the proper thing to do.

Offline tallyho

• DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007, 07:08:27 AM »

Thanks guys - got it!
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007, 10:05:17 AM »
I'm in too. I found this site by accident a couple of years ago. Matt must have some subliminal images in the background somewhere that make me check it every day. Either that or it's just the best outdoors forum there is.

Glad to pitch in,
Jim
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 07:12:41 PM »
I sent in a support payment finally myself.  Big thanks to GB for all he's done for us here.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline OR-E-Gun Bill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007, 06:59:56 AM »
A few $$$ for a no nonsense place to enjoy and learn? No problem! Pay Pal on it's way...

And a big Thank You to all that share here.

Bill

Offline the_spotdoctor

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2007, 02:40:54 AM »
Sent in via Paypal. I Enjoy this site. Thanks.

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2007, 10:19:37 AM »
A few $$$ for a no nonsense place to enjoy and learn? No problem! Pay Pal on it's way...

And a big Thank You to all that share here.

Bill

+1 I did same
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers