Author Topic: Persecutor gets his due.  (Read 613 times)

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Persecutor gets his due.
« on: June 17, 2007, 03:21:48 AM »
It took a while but it is good to see that at least one persecutor (Mike Nyfong) who grossly abused his power is getting his just desserts.  Now if there truly is any justice, that disgraceful thug who persecuted Scooter Libby and the judge in the case should be disbarred.

If ever there was a candidate for a Presidential pardon, it's got to be Mr. Libby.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Re: Persecutor gets his due.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 01:00:54 PM »
  So far, so good..

Now he should pay a princely sum for trying to destroy innocent men...

Don't stop there however, that false accuser should be put on trial ! She was well aware that she was lying  and still persisted in attempting to destroy these men's lives. Many years after the case is over..these men will still be dealing with the lies.

Since she contained semen from most everybody around ..EXCEPT the accused, she perpetrated an especially egregious crime.

There is a clear possibility of a "hate crime" having been perpetrated here also. I am fully against the concept of a "hate crime" but if the authorities enforce it against some..it should go for all !

Four or five years in the slammer ought to deter others from knowingly making false accusations !
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 03:16:13 PM »
  So far, so good..

Now he should pay a princely sum for trying to destroy innocent men...

Don't stop there however, that false accuser should be put on trial ! She was well aware that she was lying  and still persisted in attempting to destroy these men's lives. Many years after the case is over..these men will still be dealing with the lies.

Since she contained semen from most everybody around ..EXCEPT the accused, she perpetrated an especially egregious crime.

There is a clear possibility of a "hate crime" having been perpetrated here also. I am fully against the concept of a "hate crime" but if the authorities enforce it against some..it should go for all !

Four or five years in the slammer ought to deter others from knowingly making false accusations !

I would agree that the woman who lied to the police needs to be punished as well.  She has undermined the integrity of all "victims".  Had she not lied about what happened then these young men as well as the prosecutor wouldn't have gone through this.

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007, 03:16:27 AM »
Yeah, and while they're at it, the 80 liberal professors, or whatever they are at Duke who had the guys condemed and convicted should be shown the way out.
Swingem

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007, 01:43:08 PM »
it was the whole university that wanted those kids' heads on sticks, it really is a shame that it all went down the way it did, but hey at least their parents had money to get good lawyers.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007, 04:45:44 PM »
   Sure gives us a pause to think...

I don't know about you guys..but I don't have that kind of money to fight for me or mine..!

Nifong's biggest mistake was picking on several guys who's families have enough $$$ to fight it !

Suppose it would have been your son or mine, standing falsely accused..against all the power and money of the state ?

The 88 bigot profs who convicted the lacrosse players before/without trial ( hate speech ?) ...should be fired..and sued by the falsely accused.

They should be made an example of, to prevent such abuses of truth from happening again..

If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 03:23:24 AM »
Yeah, the kids from Duke just had an out-of-control, unethical persecutor after them; Scooter had an out-of-control, unethical federal persecutor, and a stupid--most likely liberal--Grand Jury against him. 

I think Scooter Libby had a much more formidable foe.  Both cases at their base, involved a whore.   

Sure seems to me that there is some comparability.
Swingem

Offline magooch

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007, 03:50:31 AM »
The comparison is that Libby was screwed by the so called "justice system" for what was really a non-crime.  It was a political witch-hunt that was aimed at Vice President Cheney and that was only in hope of getting to Dubya and/or his people.  Yes, it's true that Fitzfong is supposedly a Republican and he was appointed by the administration's Justice Department; just as Starr was appointed by Bubba's Justice Department.

The lesson here is that these persecutors think they have some higher standard of justice and when they get appointed, someone has to go down--no matter how long it takes; no matter how much it costs and no matter how meaningless and trivial the charge.  And if nothing else works, rig up a trap and and see if you can catch the target in a lie, or misstatement.

Swingem