Author Topic: NEF pump shotguns!  (Read 1455 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
NEF pump shotguns!
« on: June 18, 2007, 06:46:10 PM »
I have a previous post here about getting a 12 gage barrel for my SB2 receiver but the more I look and read I just think I will get the Parnder pump. My Question is if I get a pump should I get one in the 20 gage and then buy the 12 gage barrels and chokes to go with it. I would like from the factory? The reason being they don't seem to offer the the 20 gage barrels in the barrel assory program. I am assuming that the 12 gage and the 20 gage receivers are interchangeable with both barrels and would not need to sent in to be fit to the receiver. Please help me out here. Thanks alot Dale. By the way how do you guys like your pumps? I hear they are a knock off of the Remingtons.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: NEF pump shotguns!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:39:53 AM »
Dale,

Sorry, but it doesn't work that way with pump guns. Receivers/bolts/feeder parts (guts), magazine tubes (diameter) are different sizes to accomodate that particular guage.

U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 04:17:10 AM »
Yea I don't know what I was thinking at the time I wrote that but the mag and other things would have to be differnt for differnt gages. Sorry for the sstupid question.  Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 03:43:59 PM »
they are tight and feel good. i hear they shoot good but this is why i will not own one.. or the auto they are made in china
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2007, 03:38:03 AM »
The pump is made in China like you say, but the Auto was made by Sarsilmaz Arms in Turkey, the same company that makes the Verona 405. I have not heard of them changing that, but anything is possible nowadays.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
i heard that they were i am not sure i do know them pump is for sure.
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick

Offline PA1749

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007, 03:28:52 PM »
I have a NEF Pardner, single shot 20 GA. It is a solid, reliable, accurate, truck/camp gun that is made in the USA. I equate Marlin with lever action, Remington with bolt action and NEF with single shot. If I but another pump it will be a Mossburg.

To me NEF means the best hinge action single shot for the money, nothing more.

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 10:46:20 AM »
what about t/c with single shot i would say they were a little a head of nef in some ways

Rick

Offline PA1749

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 11:24:59 AM »
Notice the "for the money" part....I paid just over $100 for my NIB Pardner, can't be beat.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 12:05:03 PM »
Right now you can get a Remington 870 Express at Academy Sports for $199.00.

I love my NEF single shots but I won't help China by buying a gun made there.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 01:21:44 PM »
yeah i wouldn't dare buy one.

Rick

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2007, 12:10:26 AM »
IMHO, Mossberg is the best value in pump shotguns.  That said, for half the price of a Mossy, the deer, turkey, bunny, pheasant, intruder or what ever you put the bead on, will be just as dead.  And if marketing the imports helps to keep HR/NEF producing those great little guns we all love so much, then I say, "Go for it" Dale.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2007, 03:47:57 PM »
the 870 express is a good gun also.

Rick

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2007, 11:40:44 PM »
Yes, the 870 is also a great shotgun.  I don't know about the stocks, but some other parts, like the magazine cap, are an exact match to the Pardner pump.  I have also considered the Pardner Protector as a candidate for HS/CampGun.  An added feature is that it is D/T'd for a scope.  They have been goin' for $150 or so, around here.  I would, however, want to switch out the stocks for wood.  I think they make it more balanced and they could easily be painted black.  I guess it all boils down to how you look at things and what you can afford to spend.  That's just something we all have to decide for ourselves.
cookie
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline 30-06man

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 12:54:23 PM »
the nef pump is simply just a chinese copy of it. you can get a good used mossburg for that price

Rick

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 02:43:03 AM »
the nef pump is simply just a chinese copy of it. you can get a good used mossburg for that price

Or a new  Mossberg Maverick for about $10 more.  ;)