Author Topic: what kind of groups to expect from ruger mini 14  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: what kind of groups to expect from ruger mini 14
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »
I've used creek water, and a willow limb to get mud out of an M4 barrel, to get it back up and running, but I wouldn't recommend it except in an emergency.
It doesn't matter to me what you use, it's you gun. ;)

I would however, dilute the donkey pee with goat milk to slow the ammonia down in the bore. :)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2007, 02:13:37 AM »
swampman , Brownells sells WD-40 they say use it to stop the bluing process , but not as a gun lube ! their sending out the warning was not self serving at all , they sell and test many items and share their findings with customers ! If in fact it was not true why have the WD-40 people remained silent ? maybe it was the deaths in new york attributed to officers using WD-40 on their weapons or other tragedies attributed to the use . I like you will clean my gun as I please ! and in fact used WD-40 for years , but when I recived the warning with a Brownells cat. I stopped the pratice ! I passed the warning along for those who were interested , not to upset anyone . Only the use of the product for gun lube will prove who is right or wrong , but in cases where wrong can be DEAD wrong i really don't need to take the test !
by the way is collecting donkey pee hard ?
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2007, 10:42:38 AM »
Naw, it ain't hard.  All you need is a couple of pictures of Hillary Clinton to get the donkey to take a wizz.  No offense taken fellers, the SKS is just one of those guns that will take anything from water,motor oil etc and keep shooting.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2007, 01:24:30 PM »
If you can't find a picture use a mirror !

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
"maybe it was the deaths in new york attributed to officers using WD-40 on their weapons or other tragedies attributed to the use"

You can't possibly believe this........can you?

I'll keep using WD-40 thanks!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2007, 03:49:01 PM »
I tried all kinds of pictures...The first was Al Sharpton, donkey took a dump.  Then I tried Rosie O'Donnel, donkey got the runs...I even tried a mirror, donkey just farted.  I finally settled on Hillary to get the results I needed.......I'm sorry I'll quit...Too much homemade wine this evening.

The wd-40 thing is no big deal, lets get back to the discussion.

A test with the Ruger, SKS, and Saiga would be interesting to see which one would come out on top.  I know the sks would beat all of them in price but accuracy I dunno.  I've seen a Saiga and it was pretty accurate 2-3"@100.  The best groups I've ever shot with an SKS have been in the 3" range with a scope but I was using cheap Russian ammo.  Reliability would be a toss up I think. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 01:36:45 AM »
swampman , when the officers were found dead , shot by criminals at the scene of the crime , and the primers were hit on the rounds in their weapons and further examination reveled that the WD-40 the y had coated their "loaded " weapons with had seeped into the ammo and caused it to be useless . Yea i believe them !

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 10:38:42 AM »
OK I give up.....Wd-40 it is .....I know 3 in 1 oil will do the same thing.  I once had six shells left in a 357 Taurus go bad with 3 in 1.  The first shot sounded funny and the one after got stuck in the chamber.  I had ti take it to the gunsmith. I no longer use it anymore.

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 11:12:32 AM »
swampman , when the officers were found dead , shot by criminals at the scene of the crime , and the primers were hit on the rounds in their weapons and further examination reveled that the WD-40 the y had coated their "loaded " weapons with had seeped into the ammo and caused it to be useless . Yea i believe them !

That's a completely different story.  Any idiot knows you can spray penetrating oil on ammo unless you want to kill the primers.  The product worked exactly like it is supposed to.  WD-40 is good stuff!
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 06:56:56 AM »
No one sait it wasn't good ! but like most things in life it has its place ! and on guns ain't one of them IMHO !
the new 223 ranch rifle gives good groups for a rifle of this type !