Author Topic: WY trip  (Read 353 times)

Offline Grizz_

• Trade Count: (0)
WY trip
« on: June 21, 2007, 03:25:50 AM »
Mrs Grizz and I drove over to WY to visit with some fellow shooters. Had a great time, except it was so hot that we were paralized during the heat of the day.

Did more visiting than shooting but I did unlimber the BC and fired for effect at a 400 yard white spot. It only took 3 rounds to walk the 525g btb into the LZ. I call it the LZ because I could not see the eight inch diameter steel gong we hung up there. I kind of feel bad about that except that the guys who could see it had eye surgery. I learned that it's tough to compete with bionic eyeballs.

I also learned that getting a bullet into the fire zone at 400 yards is no more challenging than any other kind of plinking. Too bad it's so hard to find a place to play like that in WA.

The other things I found out: Using that ammo with the guide gun, putting the bead just on top of the WGRS receiver sight puts the bullets at the target range. And it's equally easy to find the elevation with the 357 Ranger Compact and open sights. Three rounds puts the elevation at the target range. Fantastic fun. Open range and sand that spots the shots. WY has freedoms that WA can't even dream of, it's the way America used to be everywhere..,
Regards,

Grizz

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
Re: WY trip
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »
 that's why i am moving to idaho pretty soon anyway good shooting keep it up ;)

Offline Grizz_

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: WY trip
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 05:27:17 PM »
that's why i am moving to idaho pretty soon anyway good shooting keep it up ;)

Thanks for the comeback superdown. Here's a link to some pics from the trip. Not dial-up friendly..,

http://www.levergunluvers.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3001

Regards,

Grizz