Author Topic: seals  (Read 859 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
seals
« on: June 24, 2007, 07:45:11 AM »
have you ever blow a seal on a pumper airgun? i have a crosman 2200 and 766 and there both really old and i want to know how long the seals will last?
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline possumpacker

Re: seals
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007, 06:47:46 PM »
I have a Benjamen 317 that,s 40 years old ,never blown a seal but have had them to dry out. If this happens I use a few drops of brake fluid and let it set overnight. Are you sure your,s are blown.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 06:07:49 AM »
no it's not blown, it was just asking becuase my guns are about 30+ years old and i want to know how long they can last. I use hopper 9 gun oil in my guns and it works good, i used to use rem oil.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline swampthing

• Trade Count: (6)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 03:14:59 PM »
How long have you been using oil based products on your rubber seals. I was under the impression that petroleum products cause rubber to break down and crack.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 05:58:42 AM »
rem oil is petroleum based that why i stopped using it. Hopper 9 is not petroleum( set fire to it and it will not set on fire and rem oil will)  there site http://www.hoppes.com/products/lubricating_oil.htmlhttp://www.hoppes.com/au_faq.html  say it a petroleum based but i don't know. all i know is it looks better and goes on better then other stuff.

Offline Bobber

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 05:30:17 PM »
I have a 22 year old Sheridan and my brother has a33 year old Benji 342 that are still on their original seals and have never been opened up.I use the pellgun oil from Crosman and just leave a couple of pumps in my guns.

Offline AirCajun

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2007, 03:30:24 PM »
I've got one 40+ years old.  The "big boys" recommend "Pelgun Oil" for restoring seals in pumpers.  Worked for me. 

Cheers