Author Topic: California Deer Tags  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Modoc ED

• Trade Count: (0)
California Deer Tags
« on: June 27, 2007, 06:22:57 AM »
How many of you guys that live in CA drew a CA deer tag for the 2007 Season this year?

I drew a Deer Tag for Zone X2.  Been trying to get one for that zone for the last six years.  Finally got it.  I live in Zone X2 (Alturas, CA) so I won't need to do any camping or anything - just get up early in the AM and go.  I don't know yet which rifle I will use but most likely it will be my Remington Model 7600 .30-06 with 150 GR Winchester Power Points.  I'll also take an older Remington Model 760 .30-06.  Zone X2 encompasses the Modoc National Forest (MNFF) and the Devil's Garden area within the (MNF).

I've also got three Hog Tags and if I see a good one, I'll take it. 
ED

Offline crow_feather

Re: California Deer Tags
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:57:01 PM »
Reminds me of the good old days in the Republic of.............................   I used to hunt the black powder hunts, prior to the in-line rifles being invented.  There was a place on the Calif/Oregon border just east of I-5, next to a lake where you could catch all the crappie you wanted.  Then there was a hunt near Susanville where 95 out of 100 hunters scored with the other 5 hunters having to leave due to a family problem.

C F

IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline lewdogg21

• Avid Poster
Re: California Deer Tags
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 07:19:42 PM »
How was the X2 hunt?