Author Topic: New Nikon Monarch Scopes  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Brian T

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New Nikon Monarch Scopes
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:57:49 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with this new line of scopes?  I want to get a scope for deer and feral hog hunting, shots to 200 yards in mostly low light conditions.  The 2X10 with the 50MM front objective seemed like it might do the trick.  Any other recommendations for a scope for those conditions in the $500 range?

Offline hotjob

Re: New Nikon Monarch Scopes
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2007, 02:29:31 PM »
Nikon is going to have all of the new scopes at the Buckmaster show this weekend.  If I get a chance I will check them out.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:10:54 AM »
The retail market has not received any of the new Monarchs yet.  According to Nikon, they are scheduled to be releasing them sometime in August, but that date has changed 3 times already, so do have to much hope for that.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline hobbyist

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 05:17:16 AM »
Anything new on the new Monarchs yet.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 08:57:18 AM »
A very limited amount is being distributed to a selected few retailers (which I am assuming is Cabelas and Bass Pro) this week.  Everyone should be seeing them around September 10th-15th.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

Offline hobbyist

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:35:52 AM »
Jon,  Are there any reviews on the new Monarch SF scopes that you know?  I am in the market for a 4-16x40 and trying to decide between the Elite 4200 4-16x40 AO vs. the Monarch 4-16x42 SF.  I am sure the Nikon will be great, it is only a question of which is slightly better.  Also, scope is going on a "Annie" 22LR.  The Nikon goes down to 50yrds which may be an issue, but I have heard there is some adjustment below the 50 yrds.

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:19:47 AM »
I personally have not seen any reviews.  To my understanding the new Monarch has the same glass and coatings as the old monarch with just the new design and sizes.  With the old monarchs, I felt they were slightly better optically than the Bushnell Elite 4200.  But this is me.  You ask someone else and they may have a different opinion.  Personally I think the Bushnell is the better deal and the way Nikon has been with the release of the new monarchs, I have to see the scope to believe their release date.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com