Author Topic: An effective fence for the border..  (Read 2583 times)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
An effective fence for the border..
« on: July 02, 2007, 08:28:52 AM »

Democrat liberals..and republicans that march like penguins to their tune..say that we cannot build an effective fence along the border.

Hogwash !!

How about 2 fences, 300 yards apart..with an active mine  field in between ? I may not completely stop them..but I bet it would sure slow them down some !

...Naturally, there would have to be warning signs on the fence..but in how many languages ?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
Re: An effective fence for the border..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2007, 08:38:28 AM »
   perhaps we should hire an Iraqi contractor to build the "wall"..it would be a lot cheaper and just as effective.

Below is a picture of the top of a wall around one of those terrorist's "safe houses"...

Of course; it proved to be not such a "safe house" for the terrorists by the time my grandson and his fellow Marines got through with it and it's terrorist occupants!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Online magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 03:27:53 AM »
Unfortunately, any fence that is built will have to pass the PC (politically correct) test.  A mine field won't cut it.
Swingem

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 11:04:37 PM »
How about a mile wide canal linking the Pacific with the Gulf. The only down side would be the destruction of the scenic beauty along Texas's El Camino Del Rio.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 12:32:27 AM »
TM7;
                 Did our elected representatives actually try to sneak a gutting of the wall provision past us ?

Obviously, that is why only 3 miles out of something like 300 miles ... was ever completed !

Magooch;

Yes, the minefield was only a "tongue-in-cheek" suggestion !  Eventually, unless we real Americans put a check-rein on it somehow,
 political correctness will destroy our nation.
   I honestly am beginning to believe that the destruction of our nation is exactly what much of the secular-regressives want to accomplish.

Being a realist, I don't see anything wrong with a fenced, well marked mine field..as long as one is informed about the mines and know where the borders are, I see no problem. Noone but maintenance personnel should ever be found between the fences !

I think the only ones that strenuously object are the same people who's folks never taught them that NO means NO...not maybe...LOL

BTW; That photo was taken by my grandson in a small town near Ramadi..the wall had, just a few minutes previously..protected a terrorist "safe house"..

Online magooch

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 04:43:00 AM »
The only fence that has any chance of working is one that is closely watched (guarded).  Mexicans are totally capable of building ladders and tunnels, so you can't just build a fence and forget it.  Even a mine field can be defeated with a little ingenuity.

The only conclusion I come to is that we're going to have to put a lot of boots with guns along the border in addition to some kind of wall, or fence to slow the hoards down a bit.  On this side of the fence, we'll need some type of incentive to not hire illegals and not provide benefits of any kind.  Don't hold your breath for this to happen.

On the other hand, President Bush is exactly correct that we need an effective guest worker program for the agricultural sector of our economy.  There are farmers in the area of the country where I live that are desperate for workers to harvest their crops.  It is simplistic to say that if they paid more, they would have plenty of workers.  Yes, they might attract some workers, but then they'd be faced with a product that they couldn't sell for a profit.

Any guest worker program that will not revert to and exacerbate the problems that we are plagued with now, has got to restrict who the guest workers can bring along and require them to leave the country after a specific time.  A big monkey wrench in the whole thing is our own citizens who are often too willing to sympathize with illegals and even marry them to keep them here.  Yeah, just wait for this to get fixed.

All that said--pi## on it--just shoot the barstads.
Swingem

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 06:38:41 AM »
  Magooch;

I believe that by far the greater percentage of we who objected to the defeated bill clearly understand the need for a guest-worker program...Certainly I do !

The thing that sticks most in my craw (and I am sure, otrhers) is that our "fearless leaders" had a perfect opportunity to correct the border situation for 50 years or more..they sat on their collective hands...

Then, in 1986 they pled forgiveness and were given a chance to vindicate themselves and bring the border under control..they blew it !

In fact..it looks like they didn't even try at all !

Now, the voters are "from Missouri".. we believe that they must "show me"..

If they go ahead and build a good fence and properly shut down the sieve..they can bring up the bill after 3-4 years of effective border control..

Online magooch

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2007, 04:37:40 AM »
That's a mighty big "if", Ironglow.
Swingem

Offline powderman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2007, 10:35:30 AM »
A 4 year old child was found dead Sat in a plastic bag in a garbage can, workers found him when they dumped the can into the truck. He was the son of some immigrants, don't know if they are legal or not, been here over 5 years, He'd been missing for 10 days. Neighbors said he wandered the streets unsupervised every day and that he would just open the door and walk in folks houses and apartments whenever he wanted. He knew who would feed him, an who didn't. He was found several blocks away more than once. The mother said that she MIGHT have been a bit more active in watching him. The media ate it up, immigrants son kidnapped, we saw 10 days of coverage, they literally tore the city apart looking for that boy. Police even went house to house in various neighborhoods. This was all within earshot of Churchill Downs, the famous horse track.  There are 60 registered sex offenders in that area. That used to be a nice area to live in. I'm glad that the police looked as hard as they did, neighbors too, but the fact is, there are kidnappings all the time. All kidnappings should be aggressively searched, not just when it's an immigrant. A sad day for sure, I really feel for that boy, and those that loved him. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2007, 11:46:51 AM »
The only real effective means to prevent illegal border crossing is to make it painful for those who cross illegally, and for those who provide support for those who cross illegally. 
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 01:52:21 PM »
VIVTORCHARLIE. Agreed Sir. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2007, 03:27:37 PM »
Okay, just a sec whilst I put my asbetstos drawers on.  And spray myself down with flame retardent.  Guys, these foks are our neighbors.  They are not standing at our gates rattling spears and screaming threats.
 What are they guilty of?  Trying to make a better life for themselves.  Exactly what our ancestors came over here for.  Someone complained that they send about a gazillion dollars back to Mexico each year.  This tells me two things.  The people that are here are caring home bodies trying to take care of their families and the folks screaming that you can't make it on the entry level wages in America are full of crap. 
I don't think the answer is letting them flood our country. But I don't think the answer is to blow them up with land mines or to shoot them.  I think the first step would be to get rid of some of our free ride programs and entitlements so some of the entry level jobs would look a little better to some of our able bodied workers.  If there wasn't so many safrety nets, maybe some of our young people would think twice before dropping out of school.  And then the problem might not longer be a problem.
No matter how "painful" it is, if a man is indeed a man, he will do what he needs to do to take care of his family.  A value we seem to have lost in many sections of America.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2007, 05:01:21 PM »
Beeman;

You ask what they are guilty of..

They are guilty of crossing the border ILLEGALLY..broke the law..and they knew it when they did it !

Otherwise, they would not have SNEAKED across .  I am not against an honest guest/worker program..but with the border an open sewer..the whole game is based upon dishonesty..

As someone here noted " you can bail the boat as much as you want..but if you have a growing leak, you're going to SINK !
..Unless you first PLUG THE LEAK !!

I am not nearly as angry with the illegal immigrants as I am with the dishonest politicians who PROMISED strict border controls back in 1988..

They lied then ..and as far as I am concerned, they are lying now..many of them the same ones who lied through their teeth about 19 years ago..
     Starting with that fat, white haired drunk from the northeast corner of the country...

Online magooch

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 04:35:41 AM »
The only conspiracy to bring illegal Mexicans to this country is on the part of Mexicans and some really stupid liberals.  Anyone who has been to our southern border knows that there has been a lot of measures taken to try to stem the flow, but not enough.

We are hindered by our own jealous regard for liberty.  How do you check a person's identity without risking the charge of racial profiling, or violation of civil rights?  Our laws do not allow law enforcement people to randomly stop people and demand identity without cause.  Employers are not equipped to check the validity of falsified documents--even if they wanted to.

Conclusion: Either we have to be willing to submit to a positive I.D. system, or we have to put the boots on the border.  The first is emotionally and politically charged and the second is very, very expensive.  I'd go for both.  I have no problem with carrying a real I.D. card instead of my drivers license and I think the cost of sufficiently guarding the borders is now totally justified and necessary.
Swingem

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2007, 05:18:48 AM »
  IMO, A fence will only stop the sage brush.  Looks like I`ve solved the illegal-sage brush invasion. 
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2007, 05:35:39 AM »
Falsefying a National I.D. card is no more difficult than falsefiying a State Driver's License. They would incorporate the same type of technology. With a deteriorating mess in Iraq (I know, another topic) I believe my own son and others would better serve the U.S., "SECURITY WISE" by PATROLING THE BORDER.
Enforce the laws and strenthen them where they are weak in regard to HIREING illegal aliens, and for the most part they will GO HOME ON THEIR OWN, or turn themselves in for DEPORTATION, at Social Services offices where they are used to the habit of RAPEING our social services.
If we do not, and continue on in the direction we are going in, WE will be needing forigen aid before much longer.JMHO
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Hooker

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2007, 08:36:05 AM »
I carry a drivers license because they tell me driving is a privilege not a right.
I suppose with the National ID system being an American is also a privilege and not my right.  I've got words for that but they aren't fit to print.
It is actually quite simple if each state would issue a state ID card for those who do not drive and not issue a DL to non citizens.
These two systems already exist so why reinvent the wheel, and why let the feds do it.
This would keep the feds out of the system and that is a good thing.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2007, 09:23:07 AM »
take some of the $$$$$$$$$ we pi-- away on dumb stuff and to bribe other countries and hire some more border patrol men !
issue a shovel with each rifle ! and adopt the gay stance Bill Clinton came up with " don't ask / don't tell "  no its not PC !
but cheaper than a canal !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:11 AM »
Jimmy Carter gave the canal away SHOOTALL, remember?

Offline Hooker

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2007, 12:50:32 PM »
Maybe we could do an exchange, For every hard working Mexican we let in they have to take 2 liberals. ;D

Pat
-Mark Twain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2007, 01:00:52 PM »
It is actually quite simple if each state would issue a state ID card for those who do not drive and not issue a DL to non citizens.

Alabama does at least the first part of this now. Both my wife and son who is still at home with us neither of whom drive they have state issued ID cards which look for all the world like driver's licenses but clearly state on them they are NOT.

Now I'm not so sure on the issuance of driver's licenses to non residents tho cuz we sure have a LOT of mexicans locally and they sure enough do drive but I'm not sure if with a license or without. Not all drive mind you but plenty enough do.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jdt48653

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • walk softly and carry a 264
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007, 01:45:26 PM »
BUILD ALL OF OUR STATE AND FEDERAL PRISONS ON THE FENCE LINE.WHEN THE ILLEGALS
CLIMB THE FENCE,THEY WILL BE IN THE PRISONS,THEY CAN EITHER HIRE ON OR CLIMB BACK OVER.

Offline Dee

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007, 01:48:32 PM »
Hell jdt! Most all of the prisons are ALREADY almost full of illegal aliens. We'd have to build NEW ONES.

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007, 02:25:24 PM »
Hell jdt! Most all of the prisons are ALREADY almost full of illegal aliens. We'd have to build NEW ONES.

Very true!!! I believe the number is 37% and climbing fast!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline powderman

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2007, 03:19:16 PM »
I'm fed up with pc terms like undocumented worker. What part of the word ILLEGAL is so hard to understand??? Call em what they are, trespassers, felons, criminals, invaders, thats what they are, so whats so hard about saying it??? Almost 1/2 go on welfare, draw food stamps, etc. They are illegals, they have no right to any of these things. We pay to educate their illegal children and feed them too. They should not be allowed ANY kind of aid PERIOD. They have almost bankrupted many of our hospitols accross the country, because they pay nothing for medical care,  They cost hard working American taxpayers over $300 BILLION every year, and that figure is growing. Most have no intentions of being Americans. They want to set up their own little tijuanas and go yabba dabba doo all day. Find em, arrest em, ship em out. Make punishment so severe they won't want to come back. Emigrate LEGALLY, adopt our customs, keeping some of their own, learn and SPEAK ENGLISH, or GO HOME. This is America, we speak ENGLISH here. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2007, 03:34:30 PM »
  GB;

I would be willing to wager that most of those illegal aliens likely do not have valid driver's licenses.

By their very status they have PROVEN that they have absolutely no regard for the law...

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2007, 03:50:03 PM »
We are hindered by our own jealous regard for liberty.  How do you check a person's identity without risking the charge of racial profiling, or violation of civil rights?  Our laws do not allow law enforcement people to randomly stop people and demand identity without cause. 

Are you sure about that? Here in the state of North Carolina the state police routinely set up drivers licence checkpoints where every vehicle passing down that stretch of road is stopped and the driver is asked to produce his/her drivers licence.  I know this for fact because I have been stopped many times. 

Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Dee

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2007, 03:53:58 PM »
We are hindered by our own jealous regard for liberty.  How do you check a person's identity without risking the charge of racial profiling, or violation of civil rights?  Our laws do not allow law enforcement people to randomly stop people and demand identity without cause. 

Are you sure about that? Here in the state of North Carolina the state police routinely set up drivers licence checkpoints where every vehicle passing down that stretch of road is stopped and the driver is asked to produce his/her drivers licence.  I know this for fact because I have been stopped many times. 

I will trump you both. Not only does the Texas Highway Patrol do D.L. checks down here but, in some places south of here, they have gotten the Army to help them. That oughta scare the hell outta everybody. ???

Offline powderman

« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2007, 04:17:29 PM »
Same here in KY. Roadblocks are not done often, but not uncommon. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2007, 02:26:45 AM »
for the un-informed , a drivers lic. is about $ 300.00 looks like an original , cause they are made on the same type machines
INS card $ 200.00 , soical security card $ 250.00 , other ID cards aval. these cards get used every day , we had one man seeking a job return 3 times in one day with different ID , we check with Social Security and even then we find one that gets thru. for a period of time !
the illegals trade these cards like kids do baseball cards !
as a country we are past doing the "right " thing we must find the least expensive way now , 12 million are known to be here , if it only cost $ 100.00 dollars to process and deport them , it would cost 1200000000.00 to get rid of the problem !
and i don't in my wildest dreams believe it would be less than 10 times that much !
DIDN"T VOTE FOR Mr. CARTER ! His brother seem ok ! LOL
If ya can see it ya can hit it !