Poll

What do you think of the healthcare system?

It's great the way it is..
8 (29.6%)
It's overpriced we need price fixes.
13 (48.1%)
We need socialized medicine
6 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Do you think the healthcare system is broken?  (Read 6439 times)

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: Do you think the healthcare system is broken?
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2007, 02:48:57 AM »
Guess people just need something to bitch about !
If that little girl was mine I would thank GOD there was a Duke to take her to at any cost !

SHOOTALL, if you go back and read the other posts, beemanbeme is "bitchin" as he calls it, on every page. He just doesn't like what "everyone else" is "bitchin" about.
If one votes on has the right to "bitch". Right?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline SHOOTALL

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2007, 03:16:21 AM »
DEE, yep !
like that old saying " when all is said and done , more will be said than done "
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Dee

« Reply #122 on: August 31, 2007, 03:23:16 AM »
The crux of all the problems in this country is the people as a whole. They (we) have gotten spoiled and lazy, and left the fox guarding the hen house, too long.
As they say; If you always do, what you've always done, you will always get, what you've always got. ;)

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #123 on: August 31, 2007, 03:30:06 AM »
DEE, its funny you put it that way !
guess the fox got fat and had to many kits for us to feed !

Offline Don Fischer

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #124 on: August 31, 2007, 07:13:50 AM »
I think most peoples view on health care is a direct relationship to what access they have now. If you have good insurance, regardless of who's paying, you like it the way it is. Your gonna get yours. If you have good insurance and your wealthy to boot, your gonna get your also. In fact you can buy your way to the head of the line. On the other hand if your one of the 43+ million people that can't afford ins. and can't afford health care, you think something needs to be done. America, the greatest health care in the world,,,,,,,,,,,,if you can afford it. Otherwise go crawl behind a dumpster and die like a rat.. We have illegals that need care! We have drug addicts that need care, we have 16 yr old girls with 4 kids without fathers that need care. We have friends from Canada that come here for the health care they can't get at home,,,,,,,,but only the wealthy and well insured. Those people somehow have access. The Wal Mart employ doesn't, most are part time and uninsured as I understand it.

How in the world can a system be broke when it works for those that can afford it? I guess the value of human life is not what we have always been led to believe it was. Rather it is based on the individuals ability to pay.
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #125 on: August 31, 2007, 07:31:29 AM »
DON FISHER , you have what seems like a good point but when i run ads and can't get help and hear how people at walmart make 6 bucks an hour and i start green help at 11 i just can't buy what you say !
we are a country of opportunity , if the ones who could work did maybe the cost could be spread more even !
pass a law that all employers have to provide health insurance !
did you know that small companies say 9 or less employees do not have to provide insurance ? and most employees work for small companies !
some may wish to wage this fight on the backs of the poor , the cripple , and the lazy . But if you dig below the smoke screen you will see the truth ! It ain't all walmart ! the enemy is us !

Offline Dee

« Reply #126 on: August 31, 2007, 08:23:25 AM »
I think most peoples view on health care is a direct relationship to what access they have now. If you have good insurance, regardless of who's paying, you like it the way it is. Your gonna get yours. If you have good insurance and your wealthy to boot, your gonna get your also. In fact you can buy your way to the head of the line. On the other hand if your one of the 43+ million people that can't afford ins. and can't afford health care, you think something needs to be done. America, the greatest health care in the world,,,,,,,,,,,,if you can afford it. Otherwise go crawl behind a dumpster and die like a rat.. We have illegals that need care! We have drug addicts that need care, we have 16 yr old girls with 4 kids without fathers that need care. We have friends from Canada that come here for the health care they can't get at home,,,,,,,,but only the wealthy and well insured. Those people somehow have access. The Wal Mart employ doesn't, most are part time and uninsured as I understand it.

How in the world can a system be broke when it works for those that can afford it? I guess the value of human life is not what we have always been led to believe it was. Rather it is based on the individuals ability to pay.

Well Don, Some of what you say is true, and some I disagree with. The illegal alien in Texas has long since discovered FREE HEALTH CARE at the "EMERGENCY ROOM". The rich man has good health care and the middle class has the insurance if they intend to stay middle class.  My wife was a claim clerk at Wal Mart and her benefits were very good.
As for those whom will not work and that "16 year old girl with 4 kids and no father"? Well it seems that would be a moral issue on both the lazy ones and the promiscuous 16 year old girl. I don't believe that I should have to provide health care for either, just because they choose to live their lives on the front porch, or their back.
Eating is not a right, it is a privilege that is EARNED. Health care is no different. JMO

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #127 on: August 31, 2007, 08:44:37 AM »
My work day starts a 6:30 am , i finish most days a 5pm , I guess what pisses me off is i can't figure out how to beat the system and hunt and fish all day with free cash and health care !
i guess I'm just an under achiever !

Offline Dee

« Reply #128 on: August 31, 2007, 08:49:55 AM »
If your an under achiever, the rest of the working class is also. Like I said. EATING IS NOT A RIGHT (that's Biblical if anyone's interested), it is an EARNED PRIVLILAGE. So is health care. If you want it, you'll figure a way. The high costs are the result of the, leaches that have afixed themselves to it one way or another. Either by trial lawyers, or lack of motivation, and screwing the system and the tax-payer.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #129 on: August 31, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
Dee don't forget only 60% of the population works , maybe less now ! we workers need to tighten up the leaches are rooting for us !

Offline Dee

« Reply #130 on: August 31, 2007, 09:01:13 AM »
Dee don't forget only 60% of the population works , maybe less now ! we workers need to tighten up the leaches are rooting for us !

LOL ;D

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #131 on: August 31, 2007, 10:42:52 AM »
We would all be living in the colonies if we had never bitched or complained about things everybody knew was a problem.  I blame the current system because it is broken.  If you don't think it is, just start going into convenient stores and tell me how many collection jars you see. Most of the ones I see are for children whose parents make too much to be on medicaid but not enough to pay the premiums for private insurance.  These working families are the ones I'm talking about, not the dead beats.  You know there are a great deal of people in our nation that are not as lucky as you are.  They work hard and are compensated little.  They should have access.
 I blame everyone who works in it because they all play a part in it and do nothing to change it. 
If you call stating facts and bringing to light what is wrong with the current system, bitching then that is what it will be. If it bothers you, don't read or respond. I refuse to keep my head in the sand on this issue.  It's not about dead beats and giving those people free healthcare.  It is about providing a way so everyone has access.  A national sales tax would do just that as it would spread the cost to everyone. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #132 on: August 31, 2007, 11:00:25 AM »
I feel if you check you will find by law most of those jars content can and is kept by the person/s that put them there . That is a awful thing to do but 60 min showed that on their show !
As far as spreading cost , for people that need it OK but the ones who make poor judgments or are just plain lazy forget it ! I worked and raised 3 kids i don't need to raise the ones some one with little moral commitment has as a by product of uncontrollable sex ! Nor do i need to rescue the lazy !
Hey here's a bright idea get the lazy off their @$#%^ and to work to help us workers get the job done then they would not only have health care but would be part of the ones paying for it now wouldn't that be special !
Quit looking for a way to get us to pay for them , and spend the time looking for a way for them to pay for themselves !
check out that little saying at the bottom of this post , its for real !
And think about this if we go social i will not do one thing more that the rest do ! why should i ? they set the GOAL not me at that point !

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #133 on: August 31, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »
DON FISHER , you have what seems like a good point but when i run ads and can't get help and hear how people at walmart make 6 bucks an hour and i start green help at 11 i just can't buy what you say !

I'm curious , what kind of business do you have that people would rather work for Wal Mart for $6 rather than you to start out green at $11 somewhere else? You have health ins. for employees too, right?

I do agree that the enemy is us. I also think we'd be much better off without insurance companies and lawyers.

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #134 on: August 31, 2007, 05:17:57 PM »
The family I keep referring to wanted to pay as they should because it was their expense.  What most people do is stick the hospitals for the rest and never pay.  This makes charges double for the ones who will pay.  What do you think happens to all the costs associated with the emergency rooms and they are never paid.  These expenses are passed to us.  If we had a national sales tax, illegals, dead beats, all the people who never give a dime to social security would pay every time they buy a Coke or a pack of cigs. The life of their little girl was put into jeopardy because of $$$$. It was just that they could not find treatment until they came up with a large portion of the bill upfront.  Duke agreed to treat her while our town raised the dough.  Right after this came to light, there were several articles in the paper from the hospital claiming it was all a misunderstanding and they would never turn any child needing care away.  The hospital's true colors were revealed after our paper did an investigation. They printed the pre-op agreement that her father gladly gave them which asked for $35,000 up front.  The hospital looked very foolsih and responded with no comment.

As far as the jars in the stores being a scam, some maybe but I doubt most are.  When you see a Polaroid along with a number and address, odds are they are real.  I see too many of them to believe everyone is that dishonest.
This thread is getting old and I see some of you will never be convinced until you or a family member get very sick.  I hope that never has to happen before you see our current system for what it really is. (A perverted cesspool of greed)I'm out fellers/next time different topic....Thanks for your input...Good conversation!

Offline doncisler

• Avid Poster
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »
i was going to post here but i realized everything i was going to say was already said here, probably better than i could have. 
i am a pharmacist in michigan and, at least here, we have no say in what we do.  the insurance companies dictate everything.  what we can and cannot dispense, how much we can give what we charge and what we are paid.
put em where you want em

nra life menber
nahc life menber

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2007, 05:04:27 PM »
i was going to post here but i realized everything i was going to say was already said here, probably better than i could have. 
i am a pharmacist in michigan and, at least here, we have no say in what we do.  the insurance companies dictate everything.  what we can and cannot dispense, how much we can give what we charge and what we are paid.

Are you required to charge peoples insurance? I guess most people couldn't afford drugs if you didn't. I have drugs I'm supposed to take but no insurance so don't take them. To expensive.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2007, 12:56:33 AM »
DON,Plumbing , Pipe fitting and HVAC ,

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »
I think most company's want government to take over the health care. Most company's offer a health care plan to there worker. But what you never hear about on TV is that a company's only work people part time so they don't have to offer it only to full time workers.

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2007, 07:39:52 PM »
DON,Plumbing , Pipe fitting and HVAC ,

Hard to believe isn't it? sounds crazy to me to work for six bucks part time when you can make eleven full time.

I'm sure you heard it, three things you need to know to be a plumber? S**t runs down hill, paydays on Friday and don't chew your finger nails! ;D

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2007, 12:44:28 AM »
And for $ 3600.00 we can make it go uphill !
I believe that the education system does little to make people aware of or train for the trades , service or other industry that we see a lack of new workers coming into ! It has geared itself to college prep. and college is now BIG BUSINESS !

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »
Shootall, to jack this thread for a moment, when I was in high school (shortly after the earth's crust began to cool) at some point the kids were kinda divided into college prep and vo-tech tracks.  The boys would spend the morning in classes and the afternoons in shop.  Sometimes in actual working automotive or welding or whatever shops.  Then somewhere along the line, some social worker decided that every one should have a college education.  Working with your hands was frowned upon.  It was LABOUR. Families whose father had earned a good living as a labourer were suddenly ashamed of how they earned their money.
I have know some very frustrated folks that wore a tie to work that relaxed on the week-ends by tearing down car motors and sawing boards. And I have know folks that turned down a well paying job because it was LABOUR and took, instead, a lessor job because they wore a tie to work.  Why do you think some folks will starve in order to drive a Lexus to their job a assistant night manager at the 7/11?

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2007, 07:30:23 AM »
I think we train students not teach them to think for themselves !
its almost funny , people won't be a plumber , don't want to get their hands dirty but will be a bank teller like money is clean !