Author Topic: Shotgun adapters??  (Read 1467 times)

Offline choctaw

• Trade Count: (4)
Shotgun adapters??
« on: July 10, 2007, 08:37:15 AM »
I'm really not much of a shotgun guy, I freely admit this, so I need some help.  I saw on the shotgun forum where someone was using various Dina Arms caliber adapters from Numrich www.e-gunparts.com in a single shot Stevens, which  enabled it to shoot center fire cartridges.  My two questions are:

will these adapters work in a rifled shotgun barrel, and are they safe?

Thanks,

Jon
"When I am on the trail, it leads me through the forest, across valleys and streams. It is there, alone with God and his creations, that I find sanctuary."

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Shotgun adapters??
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 09:01:33 AM »
Here's a source that might have answers for ya.

Tim

http://www.mcace.com/shotguninserts.htm

http://www.mcace.com/index.htm
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline choctaw

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007, 09:37:57 AM »
Thank you sir!  I guess for that kind of money I might as well buy extra barrels for my Handis.
"When I am on the trail, it leads me through the forest, across valleys and streams. It is there, alone with God and his creations, that I find sanctuary."

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 09:44:45 AM »
The extra barrel would possibly give you better sights than what you may have on your shotgun.  But, if you are looking for something small to pack around with you for a survival situation, an adapter or insert may fit quite nicely into your plan.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline choctaw

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 09:57:37 AM »
Dino sells their 12 gauge adapters for under $13.  I've made worse mistakes before.   I guess I'll order one and see what happens.

Offline pills

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 12:51:48 PM »
where'd you see them for under 13?
...You do not open your mouth without all the facts period...

Matt

Remember this, my dear brothers and sisters: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and should not get angry easily. James 1:19

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 12:54:30 PM »
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2007, 11:47:05 PM »
OK, so if a guy decides to do this, the smart play would be to use a SB2 receiver, RIGHT??  Using the adapter doesn't change the physics of the bullet pressures so in order to be safe, you would still want rifle  calibers being fired from the SB2.  RIGHT?? 

I wonder just how accurate these things are??  Hmmm....SB2 with a 12ga barrel shortened to 181/2", w/rifle sights or a scope, 18" adapter, HMMMM????  That could be a very economical and effective firearm.  You could shoot just about anything through it.

Food for thought....

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline choctaw

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 05:37:09 AM »
I haven't had any luck getting them to answer their phone or respond to email.   

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 09:17:09 AM »
Anyone know about their accuracy?
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:55:59 PM »
Yes, Cookieman, I know where you are coming from. Had the same thoughts. I sent the company an e-mail just now with a couple of questions. Their website gave me the impression that the inserts are made when ordered-6 to 8 week delivery time. More later. Hunman55

Offline hunman55

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (81)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 11:06:35 PM »
Well, guys, I have sent 3 e-mails to MCA Sports in Alaska about these inserts and tried to call twice. No luck yet-will keep trying. His recorded message said that he was hard to get in touch with because he works three jobs. I haven't tried writing yet. Has anybody got in touch with him? Hunman55

Offline choctaw

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2007, 03:14:36 AM »
I've tried to make contact with Dina Arms several times.  The phone number listed on their website is a fax number, and they don't answer emails. 

Offline kid_couteau

• Trade Count: (26)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2007, 12:24:45 PM »
Hi All

I have one of the 22 LR adapters for my 20 gauge

They are ok but in my opinion not great

Accuracy is not tack driving but might be MOB (minute of bunny) at ten yards.

I shot a CB cap out of it at point blank range and it bounced off the juice bottle I was using.

I know a guy from another forum that has the 9mm version and he likes his.

See ya
Kid

Offline messer454

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2007, 04:41:01 AM »
Well, guys, I have sent 3 e-mails to MCA Sports in Alaska about these inserts and tried to call twice. No luck yet-will keep trying. His recorded message said that he was hard to get in touch with because he works three jobs. I haven't tried writing yet. Has anybody got in touch with him? Hunman55

I sent him an email last year and never did hear back from him.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »
man I got an old 16ga dbbl that would be cool to have 45/70 and 16 side by side. Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline choctaw

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 01:47:14 PM »
Well, I think the guy from Dina Arms is selling his adaptors on Ebay.  They start at $20.00.  Guess that's why he's not interested in returning emails.  Bet he'll get motivated when stupid Ebay cuts him off though.