Author Topic: CCW hosters  (Read 927 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
CCW hosters
« on: July 10, 2007, 01:03:27 PM »
what kind of hostler do you use for CC and have you used a CLIPDRAW® Pistol-Mounted Belt Clip on you gun? here the link by the way: http://ajaxgrips.com/ajax/default

Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline jimster

Re: CCW hosters
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 01:32:09 PM »
After trying lots and lots of holsters I finally settled on a good leather pancake style holster that has inside out snaps on it so it can be used inside or outside the pants (strong side for me).
I use it IWB most always, but when the weather is cold will wear it OWB.  I seem to like the pancake style holsters, I carry a 1911 style mostly, but also like the pancake style for those times I have a short barreled revolver. Never tried the clip thing so I can't comment on that.

Jim

Offline KN

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 04:11:02 PM »
Check out High Noon holsters. Very high quality and very reasonably priced.   KN

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 10:59:11 PM »
I use a DeSantis paddle, or a Banchi model 100 IWB for a Glock 32. and a nylon pocket holster for a Kel-Tec P-3AT.
Dave375HH

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 06:23:11 AM »
i just got a The Pocket Protector™ holster from Galco for my 1934. it better then just drop  it in there.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline Glockman

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:54:46 PM »
I have spent decades looking for the ideal ccw holster.  Now I have found one that I am happy with.  Go to the web site of JSholsters for their kydex products.  Comfortable, light, affordable and it you don't like it they will give you all of your money back.  You can't lose on a deal like that.  I suggest the slip on paddle model with the forward cant option.   With this I can carry a Glock 19 all day in total comfort.  They have models for all of the serious CCW guns and pocket holsters for the backup mouse guns.

Offline hysteriapb

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 04:35:19 PM »
+ 1 vote for High Noon Holsters. I prefer the IWB styles.
I have used the Clipdraw on the Taurus i had before i purchased my Kimber. It was convenient but it did not work all that well. If you already Mexican carry then it will keep it from sliding down the inside of your pants but it's so small it struggled to hold a a weapon of any substantial weight/size firmly in place. I would perhaps consider using it on an extremely lightweight revolver, maybe an automatic, for something to tuck into lightweight shorts or for very short periods.

Offline IronMan

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 10:04:58 AM »
I have the ClipDraw on my S&W Sigma 9VE. Works great I carry it all the time with no problems. Holds the gun secure and never moves around and it totally out of sight

Integrity, justice, courage, and action - without these, a person is of no consequence.