Author Topic: armed in the US  (Read 1805 times)

Offline jamaldog87

• Trade Count: (0)
armed in the US
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:26:51 AM »
i saw a book called " Armed Americas portraits of our owners in their homes" it had gun owner with there guns in there homes and why they had those guns.

well it got me thinking what kind of guns do you own and why you have them?  I have a H&R Field  master .22 and a noble 12GA and a model 1934 380auto handgun. the two long guns i own i got for hunting of small and med game and as for the handgun it was a gift that gets shot sometimes.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
Re: armed in the US
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:44:38 AM »
I have guns for just about every reason you can think of. Hunting, plinking, target shooting, home defense, and some just because I thought they were interesting. I shoot everything though, some more than others but they have all been fired.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 12:15:59 PM »
For a person who "claims to be a teenager and thus not yet legally allowed to own guns" you sure do change around alot on what guns you say you own in your various posts.  :o ???

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 06:01:36 PM »
For a person who "claims to be a teenager and thus not yet legally allowed to own guns" you sure do change around alot on what guns you say you own in your various posts.  :o ???

:o ;D ;D ;D

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 07:13:07 AM »
which guns you talking about? Yes i used to own alot of guns but hard time came and i had to sell them so i am down to the noble 40 shotgun, H&R master and 1934 380.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2007, 07:16:13 AM »
Guns? What guns?

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2007, 06:00:45 AM »
guns i used to have were a 454 ruger    

45 acp colt 70

10mm eaa hunter

8mm  tanker

and a 45-70   old gunstim  job but i had to sell them and now it just my 12ga noble, 22 H&R( got them both for 75$ together) and 380 1934.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 06:12:48 AM »
jamaldog87, how old are you, just out of curiosity?
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2007, 06:23:02 AM »
I am 20 right now and i know what you are going to ask and the handgun were in my moms name but i gave her the cash to get it for me. the long guns were my guns.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2007, 11:51:57 AM »
You sure aged fast. In 2005 or 2006 you said you were 13. Time sure flies when you're having fun doesn't it?  ::)

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2007, 12:54:24 PM »
You sure aged fast. In 2005 or 2006 you said you were 13. Time sure flies when you're having fun doesn't it?  ::)

That is why I asked, I remember not to long ago like you said GB, I thought he said he was 13.  :-\
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2007, 05:52:05 AM »
no, back on August 14, 2006, 12:15:58 PM  i got a Personal Message from SS and this is what it said " I have to ask this, How old are you? I am not being a Jerk or anything, I am just curious. It's the avitar that makes me ask.. Don't let these guys give you a hard time,
They were all young once too."  and i told him i was 19. I had been out of school a long time and i was looking for work and also that when i sold some of my best guns around that time. One more thing, When i was 13 i could not have any airguns because my mom and dad don't like guns and i had to wait tell i was 17 to get my airgun and then 18 to get a real gun.

the badger is happy.

but back on Topic what kind of guns you own and why?

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2007, 11:56:49 AM »
the handgun were in my moms name but i gave her the cash to get it for me.
That is what's called a straw purchase and I wouldn't admit to it on a public forum.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2007, 12:11:16 PM »
I heard a hilarious song today called  "I'm much cooler online."  It said how we all shed 100lbs, grow wealthy, grow muscles, and gain more experience just as we log in.  Anyway, I never tell anyone or let anyone actually see my gun collection.  No locks can keep out a thief.  I own more than I can actually use to be honest.  If I had to limit myself, a shotgun, medium bore rifle, and a 22lr would be all you would need to hunt anything in North America.  But it's not smart to show off your collection.  I knew a fellow who owned a country store where I grew up.  There was not another store for at least 30 miles.  He sold everything from meat to horse feed. In short, he got the business.  He was always flashing cash and playing the big spender.  He was shot to death and robbed in January. 

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2007, 06:37:00 AM »
the handgun were in my moms name but i gave her the cash to get it for me.
That is what's called a straw purchase and I wouldn't admit to it on a public forum.

yeah, if i used my home computer, which i don't have,. It's not like i have any real info in my profile and it here say at best even if the cops did find out. also alot of people do that here for there kids, buy a gun now then when there 18 or 21 give them that gun. also  always flashing cash and playing the big spender is a good way to get shot or rob and for showing of gun collection on-line what are how is a thief going to find you or know what you really have? the only to pic that were my gun pic's that i took were the 454 and 45acp the rest i found on line(never took any of my other guns).

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 07:29:33 AM »
well here my air-soft gun collections all full-autos

i may have few real guns but i have lots of airguns and air-soft.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 07:55:28 AM »
why is it a straw purchase for a mother to buy a gun for a son ? it is legal i my state for an under age person to hunt , target shoot etc. a teen of age 15 can have and use a handgun for self defense in the home . at  12 they can hunt alone with a gun . How else would an under age person  have a gun ?
Va. is my state and if you read the news you can assure yourself anyone in VA. knows about straw purchases . And many fathers buy guns for sons
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 11:24:20 AM »
just to clear something up that last pic is my friends guns not my guns.

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 11:59:39 AM »
I would bet a reasonable amount of money that the final picture listed is not from a "friend" of yours.  I've seen a lot of crime scene photos in my life, and that sure looks like one to me.  I suspect that the poor quality and the cropping are the only reason there isn't actual drugs in the photo (although that red bag may indeed be pills).  I feel confident that the notebook featured at the top of the picture is drug related.  I've simply seen too many of these "exhibits". 

I found that picture on at least 3 different photobucket pages not including yours.  All three had various collections of drug dealing pictures, furthering my opinion.  Each featured photos of marijuana in a favorable light.

I would delete that picture and refrain from such embellishments in the future.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 12:12:05 PM »
jamaldog87 at the risk of offending (not that I've ever been overly concerned about offending someone in truth) I've noticed that you have NEVER EVER shown a photo that appeared to have been taken by YOU of anything. You always post stock photos taken from catalogs or swiped from other sources.

I don't know who or what you REALLY are and guess over all I don't particularly care. I do not believe you are who/what you SAY you are however. You "might" have a gun and you might not but until such time as you can provide credible photos taken by you that look convincing not many of us are going to believe what you post. It's easy to be an "internet expert" and own lots of guns online that in the real world you don't have a clue where they are physically located.

You remind me a lot of another kid who once was on this site and many others. He supposedly at least is in CA and he bragged as you of all the guns he "owned" and that he "bought" in person and all the shooting and hunting he did. Like you he never was able to produce anything but stock photos primarily of guns for sale on auction sites in his case. He got kicked off about every forum site on the internet at one time or another and eventually even from here. But not for the actions you've taken to date but for much more grievous actions than you've been guilty of. I think you are mostly just guilty of wanting to be something you are really not and find the internet an easy place to become what you want as it's so impersonal and no true proof is required.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »
ROFLMAO, that looks like a display you'd see on "Men in Black". 

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 03:44:59 PM »
why is it a straw purchase for a mother to buy a gun for a son ? it is legal i my state for an under age person to hunt , target shoot etc. a teen of age 15 can have and use a handgun for self defense in the home . at  12 they can hunt alone with a gun . How else would an under age person  have a gun ?
Va. is my state and if you read the news you can assure yourself anyone in VA. knows about straw purchases . And many fathers buy guns for sons
I tried to post this earlier and must have screwed up.
I was just commenting on the way he worded his post. He gave his mom money to buy him a gun he was not legally allowed to own. That to me sounds like a straw purchase. Maybe I'm mistaken.
Here in Illinois you have to be over 18 years old (21 under certain circumstances) to get a foid card. If you do not have a foid card you cannot legally own a gun. While I may have bought that 22 bolt action for my 10 year old son, he cannot legally own it until after he turns 18 and gets his own foid. Underage hunters have to be under the immediate control of a licensed adult.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2007, 06:40:56 AM »
jamaldog87 at the risk of offending (not that I've ever been overly concerned about offending someone in truth) I've noticed that you have NEVER EVER shown a photo that appeared to have been taken by YOU of anything. You always post stock photos taken from catalogs or swiped from other sources.

I don't know who or what you REALLY are and guess over all I don't particularly care. I do not believe you are who/what you SAY you are however. You "might" have a gun and you might not but until such time as you can provide credible photos taken by you that look convincing not many of us are going to believe what you post. It's easy to be an "internet expert" and own lots of guns online that in the real world you don't have a clue where they are physically located.

You remind me a lot of another kid who once was on this site and many others. He supposedly at least is in CA and he bragged as you of all the guns he "owned" and that he "bought" in person and all the shooting and hunting he did. Like you he never was able to produce anything but stock photos primarily of guns for sale on auction sites in his case. He got kicked off about every forum site on the internet at one time or another and eventually even from here. But not for the actions you've taken to date but for much more grievous actions than you've been guilty of. I think you are mostly just guilty of wanting to be something you are really not and find the internet an easy place to become what you want as it's so impersonal and no true proof is required.

i see your point, but that last pic's is my friends and i don't know what he does. I did own those guns and sold them because my dad got sick and lost his job so no income was coming in. we sold the car and i sold most if not all of my gun stuff(bullets, scopes, some airguns). If you don't believe what i say then that your right but i know what i did or didn't have. No, i don't have pic's of my air-soft guns but that what they look like and the same models.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 07:17:08 AM »
i have been called a  liar-er,Nazi, Zoophilia, sadomasochistic killer,nymphomallia, gun nut, gay bash-er, baby killer, the angel of death,criminal, FL sniper, and all kinds of names. I have been told that hunting is wrong, murder, that someone going to kill me, that i didn't do what i did and the list goes on. If you don't believe that find, most of the stuff i have done is hard for me to believe, But i posted this about a book i had read about guns in the US and just wanted to know what was your thoughts on the matter but i guess i was wrong.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 07:41:59 AM »
Only a fool would list his belongings on a site !
but if you are looking for some advice on what to have for protection after a storm or unrest , a rem. 870 , or like gun would be hard to beat !
consider the fact you may be injured or weak and the shotguns pattern has the advantage of better hit potential for protection or food ! along with ammo selection !
I realize the Rambo types will carry a golf bag full of guns but when you realize what you carry is what you have , food and water come before the second gun ! did i say medical or clothes ?

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 07:52:57 AM »
i dont know,  it seems like you are very free with the cut and paste which makes you lack credibility.   also,  i make a pretty good buck over the years, and have had me alot of toys.  the guns you say you have owned and just the ammo alone to shoot it,  not to mention all  the time to have done all these things, seems to me you would have to be older just to have had time to do these things.   
    it is alright to be a kid and want to do all these things,  we were all there once upon a time.   but we arent a bunch of idiots, either.    i think it is obvious to everyone what it is. 

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007, 09:37:32 AM »
.  Everybody was a kid at one point.  It's just better all the way around to be yourself here, you don't have to embellish the truth.   In short, you will soon learn with hard work,  you will be able to obtain most if not all the stuff you want (guns) but as you get older you desire less and less to the point of getting rid of things. You will find out that with age, you'll be back in almost the same spot you are in now , so be patient.  The means to buy is just material and not that important. A man's word, his character, and his honsety mean everything.  Be yourself!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007, 09:56:52 AM »
30/30 good points

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007, 11:57:03 AM »
all were brought at the same store. When Vice's gun store went out of business he had a everything must go sell. when i came there it's was for .22cal pellet because it was 300 for 1$ and then i had saw that stuff was mark down a lot. so i got me mom to help and i got the guns that i wanted. the 8mm was 500$ but it was 325$ if i remember right and the 45/70 rifle was 150$( as i found out later it was the worst gun because it would not straight or fire any non-cowboy action rounds safely)the 454 ruger was 700 something but was 420$ the eaa hunter was 389$ and the 45acp i got from my dad navy friend for 400$. thing were very good at that time, my dad was doing well at his job, mom had a job, we had a ok car and cable and i had 3000$ to use how i saw. In looking back i should have saved it but i got guns and now i have 3 guns that have little to no vaule but still shoot.

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007, 01:20:32 PM »
and i know your going to ask" were you get 3,000$"  i didn't  rob anyone. I  won 5000 form the Florida lottery monopoly game the top prize for the 2$ one is 25000$ but i got 5000$ and after going over to the lotta office in Tampa( for all prize over 1000$ you have to go to the one in Tampa,FL) after tax's and my mom cut i had about 3000. Mom said it be better to save it but it was my money. I love this game because i win a lot the most before that was 500$ but most times i got something(just a free ticket).