Author Topic: In Response to landowners who Post their Land POST  (Read 569 times)

Offline rsr1950

• Trade Count: (0)
In Response to landowners who Post their Land POST
« on: July 19, 2007, 05:46:38 PM »
I Live in east central Alabama probally less than 15 miles from Graybeard, although i have never met him. I am a 56 Year old Disabled Viet Vet. When i was young i and most other people who wanted to hunt on someone's land asked the landowner and if you were known to him or not most would give you permission. I only remember one owner who denided me and my friends. Through the years it has gotten as most of you have said people cutting fences,shooting cows, and other livestock. Even shooting towards homes.
 I always tried to be a good person and clean up trash, shut gates and generally do as the landowner wanted. i was welcome to hunt on 7 different property's as late as 2002. night hunters, fence cutters, livestock shooters caused the land owners one by one to stop giving me permission to hunt.
I never got mad at them and i understand why you don't want people on your property. It only takes one person to ruin a good thing for people who try to do right by the landowner. I don't blame any of you for stopping people from hunting on your property.  As of now i only have one property (80) acres i can hunt, and then only if the owner is going to hunt too. about 3 to 4 times a year, and night hunters are working that property over now.
 Do i blame you? Heck No i blame dumb dip sticks who think they can do as they please.   

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Re: In Response to landowners who Post their Land POST
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 12:54:52 AM »
rsr1950, I live in Delaware and we don't have a lot of public land available, and the public land we do have is hunted hard. I have a 16 Acre wood lot I hunt on with my buddy and his wife. The only other option is to lease land, but that is mostly tied up with out of Starter's from New Jersey and Pennsylvania. I was on a lease in Maryland for several years on an 80 acres farm, but after several years he raised the price and we gave it up.

Well I bought 20 acres of land in West Virginia for hunting and to retire on, I have a ton of deer, turkey and the occasional black bear on my land, I had a lot of locals want to hunt my land, but the last thing I want to do is, have a bunch of locals out there when I am trying to hunt myself. 20 acres is not much and most of them have 8 or 9 other places they can hunt, they just get greedy and want as many for free as they can get while I only have one.

I had a 16X16 pavilion built on my land as well as a 12 X 12 bath house built on my land. I also have my 32 foot camper on my land. I use it as my get away and I don't see many people out in the middle of nowhere, the last thing I want is people up there shooting my stuff up and visiting while I am trying to get away.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline elmer

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »
rsr1950, Don't forget the largest obsticle these days - liability. If someone gets hurt hunting your land or hurts someone they will sue you.
NRA life member
TSRA life member
Dallas Safari Club member
JPFO life member
GOA life member

http://public.fotki.com/ElmerF/
http://s215.photobucket.com/profile/CharlesL_album

Offline rsr1950

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 01:20:19 PM »
Redhawlk and Elmer, as i said in my post I don't blame the landowner. i do Blame the idots who think they can tresspass and have the right to do so. it is a shame people have turned to doing this. i don't own any land to hunt on, and have lost the ability to hunt the land i had permission to hunt, Not because i didn't respect the land or Landowner. The people who tresspassed without permission cost me and others who did right by the owner hunting rights. As i said i don't blame you Landowners i blame the dumb azz's.
 I have a 1,000,000 LIability hunting insurance policy that covers me and the landowner. i have kept the policy in force even though i don't have those places to hunt anymore. since i don't have any where to hunt anymore i will probally drop the insurance.   

Offline elmer

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
I don't own land either and Texas has very little public land. So I am in the same boat.
NRA life member
TSRA life member
Dallas Safari Club member
JPFO life member
GOA life member

http://public.fotki.com/ElmerF/
http://s215.photobucket.com/profile/CharlesL_album