Author Topic: Load data for barnes varmint grenade in 22 H and 220 swift  (Read 843 times)

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Load data for barnes varmint grenade in 22 H and 220 swift
« on: July 19, 2007, 06:02:55 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any load data for the new Barnes varmint grenade 36 grain bullets. I am reloading 22 hornet and 220 swift. The bullets are very long for there weight about the same length as a hornady 52 G bthp match. I dissected one of the bullets and they appear to be a standard hollow point bullet and about 3/4 full of a material that appears to be tin.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Load data for barnes varmint grenade in 22 H and 220 swift
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 06:50:28 PM »
Best bet is to call Barnes at 800-574-9200 or email Ty Herring at tyh@barnesbullets.com for load data, if you email him, he'll send you the data promptly if they have it, or make recommendations based on the #3 manual, probably for the 40gr VLC. Hodgdon's max load for lil'gun with any bullet except the Barnes 52gr XFB in the Hornet is 13gr!!

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Rock Home Isle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • This is Rock Home Isle
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2011, 08:38:18 AM »
I have been loking for load data on the .22 Hornet as well for these projectiles. I haven't heard anything back from Barnes.

Anybody out there have loads for the 36 gr Barnes VG for the .22 Hornet??
“Lost?? Hmmm... been fearsome confused for a month or two, but I ain't never been lost!”
Henry Frap the "Mountain Men"

“Ain't this somethin'? I told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Mother Gue said to me; ‘Make your life go here, son. Here's where the people is. Them mountains is for Indians and wild men.’  "Mother Gue", I says "the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world," and by God, I was right. Keep your nose in the wind and your eye along the skyline.”
Del Gue in "Jeremiah Johnson"

Offline martrage

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 03:07:18 PM »
    I load 12.5gr.s of LilGun w/ Win. small pistol primer in R-P case & 36gr Var. Gren.for my Contender Hornet.