Author Topic: Fiberglass or laminate stock for my 12 gauge?  (Read 411 times)

Offline bearfat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • "Nothin but giant rats with stubby little tails"
    • Deer/Bear hunting Northern Minnesota
Fiberglass or laminate stock for my 12 gauge?
« on: July 24, 2007, 05:39:08 AM »
I love my 12 gauge and 30-06 Handi but find myself wanting to dress them up different as you can see from the avatar. I did go back to the original  fiberglass on the handi...just didn't like the choate stock.

So now I'm looking for a fiberglass or laminate for the 12 ga and I'm not certain this is the correct page on the web site:   
http://www.hr1871.com/Support/accessoryProgram.aspx

The stocks listed seem more for the rifles. I'm looking for a fiberglass stock but also interested in the tracker laminates I've seen. Are they available?

I put the choate forearm on the 12 ga and I really like the wide grip to it. Looks funny but I like the feel. It's very very snug though. I suppose it could crack the fiberglass at the pivot point. Would you sand it down or can I  leave it? It slows one down for the quick followup shot. I greased and oiled it good.

I just might use this rig for bear this fall depending on slug accuracy. 00 buckshot shoots low (with the original stock and forearm).

What do the rest of you see with 00 or slugs?

bearfats cabin:    http://buckmountainchateau.com/

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Re: Fiberglass or laminate stock for my 12 gauge?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 12:07:09 PM »
Any stock that will fit a handi rifle will fit a topper or pardner as well. I have a couple shotguns fitted with the regular synthetic rifle stocks and the storearm fore ends. Look at my avatar. All of the stocks are in the accessory price sheet that is in the cf forum faqs. You can also get some great looking lam stocks from www.gunstocksinc.com . They are a sponsor of GBO as well.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun