Author Topic: Browning, CZ & Remington  (Read 949 times)

Offline The Sodbuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Browning, CZ & Remington
« on: July 28, 2007, 07:01:09 AM »
I've been perusing some catalogs and websites and came up with the following:

Browning offers its A-Bolt rifle in 19 different models, and at least 21 different chamberings.  Four of those models are available for lefties (A-Bolt Hunter, stainless stalker, medallion, and micro-hunter).  Depending on the model, lefties can choose from 16 different calibers.  Browning may be the only one to offer lefty guns in .22 Hornet (I realize just 'cause it's listed on their website, doesn't necessarily mean you can actually get your hands on one).

CZ's centerfire options include their Model 527 and 550.  The 527 comes in 8 models and 6 calibers.  The 550 also comes in 8 models and 13 chamberings.  Left-handed customers can choose from one model of 527 (CZ527 American, walnut stock only) in one caliber (.223 Rem).

Remington's model 700 comes in 18 styles, its XR100 in one style, the model 7 in 3 styles, and one style each of its imported models 798 and 799 (I have not included the model 40 or the model 700 custom KS mountain rifle since they're both custom guns).  For lefties, we have the choice of 3 makes of the Model 700 (CDL, VSF, Safari) in 12 cartridge choices.  I should add the Model 700 Safari lists for $2,500.

Things could be worse.  Browning has a larger selection of chamberings than I expected, though whether or not you can actually obtain any of those offerings I don't know.  I may have gotten some of the numbers a bit off.  There are some discrepancies between manufacturers 2007 catalogs and their websites, but I think I've given a good idea of the choices we have from these three manufacturers.   Maybe I'll get to Ruger, Savage and Tikka in the future.  I wouldn't be offended if someone else chose to tackle those.

In case you're wondering how I got some of the numbers, I'll use the model 700 as an example.  Looking through their 2007 catalog I came up with the following list of styles: BDL, CDL, CDL SF, Alaskan Ti, SPS, SPS Stainless, SPS DM, SPS Buckmasters, SPS Varmint, Mountain Rifle LSS, VLS Laminated, VLSS Thumbhole, VSF, VS SF II, Sendero SF II, LV SF, XCR, and XCR Tactical Long Range.

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
Re: Browning, CZ & Remington
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 03:22:33 PM »
I need a lh rifle to go with my tikka thinking of a 308 a-bolt.

Offline Gregory

Re: Browning, CZ & Remington
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 08:56:32 AM »
Browning may be the only one to offer lefty guns in .22 Hornet (I realize just 'cause it's listed on their website, doesn't necessarily mean you can actually get your hands on one).

Had my hands on mine yesterday, was out shooting it.  Got it about a year ago.

Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)