Author Topic: Concealment photo's  (Read 1396 times)

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
Concealment photo's
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:35:04 AM »
Is there a website or has there be a thread on this forum where a person can see pictures showing various positions for carrying concealed? I guess you would say "modeling concealed carry? I get my CCL in a week or so and would really like to start planning how to carry. Thanks, Charlie

NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline Cottonwood

• Trade Count: (5)
  • "Capturing the moment, to last a lifetime"
Re: Concealment photo's
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 02:57:40 AM »
I don't personally know of any site that shows conceal photo's worn... some holster makers may have photo's for their line product.  But I took this picture of me wearing my S&W 637 which is concealed in my belt line area with my t-shirt tucked in.  As you can see it conceals very well from anyone looking for it and that is the way it should be concealed without printing a bulge that screams GUN in my opinion. 

Many choose a gun that is just to hard to conceal, or they have to wear an over shirt to keep from getting spotted by John Q Citizen.

Offline bearfat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • "Nothin but giant rats with stubby little tails"
    • Deer/Bear hunting Northern Minnesota
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 03:31:56 AM »
You want concealment but you also want comfort.

I've been trying to find the same for awhile but none felt right until last month when a guy I work with gave me his  shoulder holster he used in Iraq. I don't know why he parted with it but I gladly accepted.

I've have a dozen different rigs I've tried over the years and pretty much disliked all of them until this one. My buddy said he never bothered attaching the bottom loop to the belt, the gun stayed in place when he bent over and I agree with him.

I know it's a little bulky but I would consider it a winter carry rig over a t-shirt with a flannel shirt over that to hide the strap across the chest.

The company that makes them is: Hill Country Leather Inc out of Hardwood Texas.
http://www.gunaccessories.com/HillCountryLeather/ShoulderHolster.asp

I have rigs that are more concealed but the straps all bite into areas after a period of time and I hate wearing them.

I don't like being jammed around the kidneys either with the waist or small of the back holsters I've tried. But a pancake type holster in the small of the back would be pretty concealed for most and maybe a cheap place to start and experiment because I think your going to have too.

bearfats cabin:    http://buckmountainchateau.com/

Offline Cottonwood

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 04:24:05 AM »
Here are a couple other pics I just took wearing the UC Comfort shirt http://www.uccomfort.com  The UC Comfort shirt is great, as it wicks the moisture in hot weather and can also be had in a V neck to hide the shirt top.  I just wish these were available in a tank top version.

I'm wearing a polo shirt here just to deminstrate, since I don't have any button up dress shirts for now.  I would not wear this shirt with a t-shirt or polo since pulling up the shirt would require longer movement to obtain my firearm.

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 04:26:50 PM »
Charlie, did you have any success in your hunt for the Kel-Tek P-9?   Did you check out the folks I recommended?  I Now have one, concealing it is no problem, it slips in the right front pocket of my jeans and doesn't show at all.  Although I like something larger, this will be my carry gun until something better comes along.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 06:17:09 PM »
Make sure you SHOOT that P-9 before you bet your life on it. The one I had was so inaccurate and hit so far from POA that if I were more than 10' from someone they would have been safe. Needless to say that one went down the road fast. Now my P-32 is a different story and is quite accurate and does hit to POA. Maybe all the P9s aren't like the one I had. It sure was a nice compact gun to carry but I'd not trust my life to it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Savage

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 01:06:25 AM »
My PF-9 is more accurate than you'd expect. Before I retired from the department, I qualified it as my BUG. And quite well at that!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline cbourbeau32

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 01:21:59 AM »
I ended up buying a P-11. It is accurate at reasonable self defense ranges. I need to practice more with it though. Charlie

NRA Life Member, US Navy Veteran.

Oklahoma has 77 counties, Romney-77, Obama-0

I'll keep my Guns, my Freedom's and my Money.
You can keep the "Change"

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 06:41:51 AM »
GB.  Even with my old eyes I could keep on target at 25 yards, I have only fired about 40 rounds through the gun, and the grouping kinda resembles that of a shotgun, but I think it will work for a CCW weapon. 

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 10:51:00 AM »
My PF9 has acceptable accuracy for CCW,minute of bad guy at gunfighting range,I carry it in a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster.    Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline Cottonwood

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 02:30:39 PM »
This is a normal group for me with my little Taurus 44C .44 Mag downloaded to .44 Spl specs at 15 feet.

I can't give you a report on my S&W 637 .38 Spl because shooting outdoors is banned right now because of our fire danger.