Author Topic: need lube help  (Read 628 times)

Offline arky65

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
need lube help
« on: July 29, 2007, 06:04:45 PM »
 I recently purchased some cast bullets from a guy and when I opened the box discovered they have no lube. What would be the easiest way for  me to lube them? they are 148 grain .357 bullets.

thanks in advance

arky65

Online gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: need lube help
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 07:22:22 PM »
arky65, probably the easiest way to get lube on the bullets, is Lee liquid alox. About $3-$4 a bottle, and one bottle will do quite a few bullets.(probably in the thousands) It's kinda thick, and on the bottle, it says you can thin it out with alcohol. I don't, I just take the bottle,(actually it's plastic) and put it in a jar or glass of real hot water. Shake it up a few times, and after it gets warm, squeeze some into a plastic container with the bullets.(I use a plastic ice cream bucket)  Dump them out onto a hard surface and let them dry. Works great!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 11:34:41 PM »
not much of a fan of lee tumble lube but like he said its probably your easiest route right now.
blue lives matter

Offline VTDW

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.geocities.com/vtdw336/great_outdoors.html
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 03:49:17 AM »
What Lloyd said.

Dave 8)
www.marlinowners.com
How did I get over the hill without getting to the top?

http://photobucket.com/albums/v354/vtdw1/

Offline arky65

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 11:27:55 AM »
Thanks guys, I need to place an order to one of the shooting supply houses so I will add some liguid alox to the order.

any big difference between lee vs lyman looks as though they  both have a similar product.

arky65