Author Topic: Buy Taurus at your own risk, customer service is a joke, quality has gone down  (Read 3927 times)

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Idiotic to say the least!!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
I know there is no changing your mind but, if things are so great with global economy why is the American economy in such bad condition?

I think you need to start watching the business news. Unemployment is at some of the lowest rates we seen in decades, home ownership is at its highest rates ever, inflation is averaging in the 3%ish range per annum..... People are spending $$ because they are making $$. The US economy is strong and Americans enjoy the highest standard of living in the world.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
Did you mention home fore closure is at an all time high?
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline warrior1

• A Real Regular
sb can you explain to the members why the foreclosure rate is high. could it be balloons have come due,bridge loans were defaulted because the borrower is stuck with two mortgages,arms with higher payments due to higher higher
interest rates,loss of spouse or divorce where the one spouse cannot support the household on his/her income alone,
unforseen medical bills, escalating health care insurance etc. i'll bet unemployment is not as big a problem as you
would have us believe.in fact unemployment would be higher if were not for foreign companies investing in our country,and providing jobs for our citizens. dan
Dan Deluca aka "warrior1" has passed away.  Dan was a frequent poster here and on several other sites.  He passed away on 12/29/08 from a massive heart attack. RIP Dan.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
Did you mention home fore closure is at an all time high?

Because dumb people buy too much house and can't afford the dumb balloon mortgage, which is their own poor personal mortgage buying decision..... has nothing to do with the economy. I agree it will impact the economy. But this is a poor personal decision and has nothing to do with Gov monitary or economic policy or off-shoring of jobs by US companies.

Please don't try to connect, what can't be connected. Thats what politicians do.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline jhm

I find some of this vary interesting, on the rare occasion I allow myself to go to town shopping with my wife I enjoy watching others shop, and while she is checking out I will go and sit in the old mans bench at wal-marts and watch all the people leaving with their shopping carts loaded down with groceries and the other purchases they have made, then when we leave I look into the parking lot at all the new cars vary seldom see one over 5 years old,  Bad economy??  I am involved with a Pawn Shop and I get to hear all the tales of woe when they come in to get some Money all the while trying to fill out the paper work on their loan between them recieving a cel call or 2 and sometimes 3 while we are doing the paperwork on the newest cel phone with the shiny new bug in their ear, Bad economy again ??,  The country has always had people who thought everyone else OWED them something and if they didnt get it then they would spend themselves into dept. and then the government would bail them out,  I feel sorry for the people who have had financial trouble hit them because of a lost job and Medical issues, and will waive the holding fee on them, however the ones who show up with the newest car on the block and the shiny bug in their ear WILL pay the holding fee, and if they are late their items will be up FOR SALE again BAD ECONOMY??  JIM

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
All this BS about a "Bad Economy" is made up by the democrat es and their be-holding buddies in the left wing media. If they can make people believe that the economy is bad, well... most people vote with their wallet...

Bad economy.. what a joke.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline doncisler

• Avid Poster
please see my two posts, one here and one in rimfire handguns.
my 17hmr revolver splits the necks on one cylinder.
when i sent it back to taurus they replaced the hammer - didn't say why and wrote a note that the revolver is engineered to expand the case necks to aid in extraction.  what a bunch of bull,  one cylinder splitting the neck and all blown out to almost full case diameter.
i will never buy another taurus
put em where you want em

nra life menber
nahc life menber

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
In fairness, to all those who prefer the foreign make of handgun:

http://www.taurususa.com:80/video/taurus-theJudge-video.cfm
AF&AM #294

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
In fairness, to all those who prefer the foreign make of handgun:

http://www.taurususa.com:80/video/taurus-theJudge-video.cfm

I must admit, I really like that......Taurus just went up a notch with me.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline buck460XVR

• A Real Regular
I really like that new Taurus.......you know the one Ford makes in Canada. eh?  ;D
"where'd you get the gun....son?"

Offline EXGM1

I owned a Taurus for 10 weeks. I bought a new PT140 and it had a gouge in the slide. They kept it for 8 weeks and I sold it. Mt buddy bought the same gun at the same time as me. He fired less than 200 rounds and the gun flew apart! He had to pay shipping for repair and to be returned. It was factory ammo not reloads. Taurus sucks!

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
People keep on buying them, and the gun magazines keep featuring stories on em'.  I saw a guy try to trade one off at the December gun show, not sure if he got anything as the dealer's wife was talking to him until the owner could speak.  But...I knew why the gun seller wanted to get rid of it.  He even admitted that it had been sent back to Taurus for work, he was obviously looking at it as a hot potato.

The four Taurus's that I used to have actually did work, sure the timing was off on the revolvers, the steel was soft, but 4 handguns that went bang when I pulled the trigger is not too bad.  Never had to send them back for warranty work though!!

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
When I was in second grade I learned that our government imposed tariffs on goods made in third world countries so their slave shop goods didn't undercut our goods and put American workers out of work.  My neighbors had jobs then. 

It was un-American then  to send our jobs out of the U.S.A. for ANY reason then, AND IT IS UN-AMERICAN TODAY!

There is a term for those who think it is necessary to manufacture where labor is the cheapest.  It's called "false consciousness".
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
When I was in second grade I learned that our government imposed tariffs on goods made in third world countries so their slave shop goods didn't undercut our goods and put American workers out of work.  My neighbors had jobs then. 

It was un-American then  to send our jobs out of the U.S.A. for ANY reason then, AND IT IS UN-AMERICAN TODAY!

There is a term for those who think it is necessary to manufacture where labor is the cheapest.  It's called "false consciousness".

Its called "required in order to stay in business". If they don't off-shore the jobs to China they will go out of business and yet more people will loose their job here in the states. If the competition, say a Germain competitor of an American company sends jobs to China, then the US company will have to do the same or they won't be able to compete with the Germain company. We operate in a global economy, there's no solution to this. More manufacturing jobs will go to the APAC countries and there's nothing that will stop it. People here have to get a good college education or go into a good trade to make a living. People who don't do this will find themselves working in low end service jobs which are at the low-end of the pay scale far below a trade or college grad. The gap between those at the bottom and those at the middle and top will grow and there ain't POOP that any Prez can do about it.The days of good manufacturing Jobs in this country are at the sunset of their cycle.

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline jcn59

• Trade Count: (37)
Why can a Jap car be made profitably in the USA, but an American car can't?   Maybe someone asked that question before.  And if Beretta and FN can have a profitable firearms business here, why can't Remington & Winchester?

It's not just the cost of labor.
Vote them all out, EVERY election!

Does anyone remember the scene from "Quigley Down Under" showing the aborigines lined up on the skyline as far as you could see?   That needs to be US!
NRA Life Member

Offline nomosendero

No, in the case of cars it is not just current wages, but benefits & pay for those who worked long ago, even some laid off.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Out West
Why can a Jap car be made profitably in the USA, but an American car can't?   Maybe someone asked that question before.  And if Beretta and FN can have a profitable firearms business here, why can't Remington & Winchester?

It's not just the cost of labor.

The over whelming majority of Jap cars are not made in the USA, they are assembled here. Big difference. All the major components come from Asia and are shipped here via low cost ocean container were they are put through final assembly. Even Dell, HP, IBM have final assembly plants here. I just came back from all the Dell and HP final assembly plants here in the US. Same process, all the mother boards, drives, power supplies, chassis, etc are brought over from China or Taiwan. They then build to customer order. These final assembly plants are in low cost labor areas here in the US like Nashville, Indy, NC, etc....

Avery Hayden Wallace
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
Good question, taking the high import tax, into consideration.
AF&AM #294