Author Topic: AWOL  (Read 519 times)

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
AWOL
« on: July 31, 2007, 04:20:57 PM »
Well you ya see it’s like this.  Back in America we had Direct Satellite TV, and two TV’s.  The wife could watch what she wanted and I could watch what I wanted---Artillery Games!!! .  One of her favorite programs was QVC Channel’s Christmas in July.  Now I didn’t care for the program because they never have cannons!!! When we came to South Africa, she was a bit disappointed because the Satellite TV down here doesn’t have QVC…yippee!

So last Friday night while getting on the board to talk cannons I get the dreaded “Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”.  I knew what the problem was, but I didn’t know why.  I hadn’t been on the Internet any longer than usual.   I asked the wife if she had downloaded any big programs or if she had been playing any of her computer games on line, no she said she hadn’t. Of course it being the weekend I could call in an order an other Gigabyte.
The next morning, she said, earlier in the week she had been looking around the Internet when lo and behold she finds on the internet QVC Christmas in July in live streaming.   So she decides to spend most of the day watching it on the computer.

No big deal, big deal. Down here we buy our Internet access in blocks.  We have found the 3 gigs works just fine for us. Well, almost just fine as long as you don’t make part of you regular monthly Internet activity 6 or 7 hours of Christmas in July.

So now you know where I have been since last Friday, sitting right here having Internet withdrawals.

Offline lance

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: AWOL
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2007, 04:26:30 PM »
well i was wondering what happened to ya!!! thought maybe the Zulu's got ya ;D ;D ;D
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!