Author Topic: Picture of my 3 cars in driveway hit by dump truck! Why me?  (Read 1076 times)

Offline bearfat

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
  • "Nothin but giant rats with stubby little tails"
    • Deer/Bear hunting Northern Minnesota
Picture of my 3 cars in driveway hit by dump truck! Why me?
« on: August 04, 2007, 09:01:51 AM »

I live on a steep hill. If you look on the right side of pic you can just see my neigbors back deck which sits 10 feet off the ground. It's actually a good thing it hit the cars (you can't see the 3rd one) because it would have tore off about 10' of the corner of my house and I would have only been an arms length away on the couch as it came through the house. 

They (punks) had not even curbed the wheels.  I actually walked up to them a few houses up the hill and asked, "Say did you guys park a dump truck out on the street...well it just took offf and hit 3 cars." The look on their face was priceless.

Somewhere I have a pic of the driver calling his boss on the cell phone to tell him. I'll have to find it. That is a pic of someone having a bad day.   

The mustang was messed up pretty good, crushed it down kind of. Lving on this hill for 30 years I've had my share of metal get hit for various reason.

And I can top the above with a freak accident my wife had in the yard. About 3 years ago she got knocked down in the yard from a tire bouncing down the hill. It came off a van that had just had 4 new tires put on. She broke two bones in her hand and screwed up her back and shoulder. She heard it coming, turned to look but it was too late....   
bearfats cabin:    http://buckmountainchateau.com/

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Picture of my 3 cars in driveway hit by dump truck! Why me?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 09:15:17 AM »
Sorry to hear about that.  Good luck getting it all resolved.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 09:17:50 AM »
Jeez, that sure could have been a lot worse than just property damage, glad no one was hurt!! :o I sure hope they had insurance and you come out whole in the end. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 12:16:42 PM »
Your wife was PD Lucky.  I saw an elevated TV Cameraman, watching the #2 turn into the back straight-away, take one in the back of the head at the Daytona International Raceway that came off of a 175 mph-plus front straight-away wreck.  Bumbed us all out as he died on the scene.  He never saw it coming though, so perhaps your wife flinched just right.  Glad it was not worse. 

Hell of a "train wreck" in your front yard though.  With good insurance, it means NEW CARS and a NEW TRUCK all around.  Sucks to be driving a rental in the mean time.  Good Luck.

Offline SuperstitionCoues

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 04:10:02 AM »
That is one hell of a train wreck!  My sympathies, for I once had three cyprus trees blow down and target my Mustang 5.0. 

However, I do admire your home!  Living in the land of the perpetual ranch house, in a sea of brown and beige, my wife and I dream of living in a nice, two story farmhouse someday that we can restore. 

Count your blessings, as they are many, while your pestilence is few albut magnified.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.