Author Topic: 204 Barrels?  (Read 695 times)

Offline The Chad

• Trade Count: (0)
204 Barrels?
« on: August 04, 2007, 06:16:33 PM »
Has anyone heard if CVA is planning on producing any 204 Ruger barrels. And if so, any idea as of when?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Re: 204 Barrels?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 06:23:39 PM »

Nope...they are being pretty quite about what is coming down the pike for next year...Hopefully they will start telling folks...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 07:18:05 PM »
  Ya might want to tell them what calibers you want to see in the future. Enough requests and any good company is going to produce a product. But then again looking at coorporate America, they might not listen at all. LoL
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 04:28:16 AM »

Many of us have already...BPI's method of barrel production is way different than anyone else's...and is more costly...You can see that in the Bergara plant video..In time I am sure they will provided sales of them keep up.

Mac

Offline nomosendero

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 05:17:13 AM »
I cannot imagine them ignoring that round if they want to be a player. I hope for 2 things WHEN they offer the 204.
1. A Varmit tube, it is a varmit round.
2. Stay with the 1-10 twist as in most of their other calibers. The 204 was pushed with the 32 gr. pill & the rifles offered had 1-12 twist.
Some will shoot the 40 gr, but most won't. Some of the AR companies are on to this, partly because of their fast twist 223 mentality.
But the AR's are a completely different rifle & a very different price point. H&R & TC aren't on to this yet & VA could really take advantage of this niche with just a little marketing common sense.
And just like a good quality AR 1-9 & even a 1-8 will still shoot light bullets, a 1-10 would be great for the 32, but allow you to get first class accuracy with the ballistically superior 40 gr., esp. in regards to wind drift & Coyote killing energy at long range with the same basic trajectory.

I would sure buy one.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 06:41:23 AM »

I would sure buy one.
Same here...I would buy one myself...Same for most of the heavy barrels if & when they produce them...I know the benefits exceed the weight differences...I don't understand why a few companies feel that the longer heavier barrels won't sell good...I guess they think every one wants a ultra light weight rifle..

Mac