Author Topic: HANDGUN RECOIL  (Read 817 times)

Offline barber

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
  • lilke hunting with handguns, metal detecting,
HANDGUN RECOIL
« on: June 03, 2003, 04:35:39 PM »
I traded my Ruger RH  for a SRH  .44 mag.When I shoot the SRH, it hurts my wrist, makes it ache. I shot the same loads and ammo in the RH, with no problems. The only difference is, I had a Hogue rubber grip on the RH, and have the standard factory grips on the SRH. I don't really see how that could make a difference. Any ideas or suggestions would reallly be appreciated. Thanks
barber

Offline Questor

HANDGUN RECOIL
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 03:14:37 AM »
Ruger factory grips seem to be notorious for not fitting anyone.  I've heard that switching to Pachmayr grips make a big difference with this gun.
Safety first

Offline Hcliff

• Avid Poster
HANDGUN RECOIL
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 06:50:34 AM »
Grips do make a difference.  My 629 44 mag I can shoot all the time with the Pachmyr grip over the Hogue.  In my SRH the factory grip will pinch my knuckle on my middle finger with the trigger guard.  The pachayr will eliminate that on my SRH by the muzzle flip was much worse on my 480.  When I looked the Pachmyr has more of a right angle to the bore than the factory grip so the factory grip rolls more in your hand.  I actually video taped the recoil with both grips to watch the difference.  If you like the hogue grip on the RH give it a try on the SRH.

Godd uck and happy shooting

Hcliff

Offline Savage

HANDGUN RECOIL
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 03:35:26 AM »
Didn't take me long to change the old "plow handle" grip on my Mdl 29 to the pachmyr (spelling). Much kinder to the hand and allows the use of speed loaders.
Stay Safe,
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline Old Griz

HANDGUN RECOIL
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 06:50:30 PM »
Put Hogue grips on all my double action Colt and S&W magnums, .357 and .44. Yes, they really do make a difference. However, my wife likes the grips on her Ruger SP101, and on that particular gun, so do I. Sorry, I've never fired the SRH.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."