Author Topic: Joined the BC club  (Read 288 times)

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Joined the BC club
« on: August 05, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »
Thanks to Shaner , i am the proud owner of a Wession & Harrington BC to go along with my 22" 45/70 Handi , he also kicked in a boat load of cast bullets in 330gr and 405gr to load up along with a box of factory Ren 300gr JHP's .

And to make the deal even better he tossed in a cigar box of loaded 180gr 357 mags and a bunch of 300gr bullets for my 45 L.C. now if it ever stops raining i'll go shoot it .  ;D

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline goodwrench6710

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Joined the BC club
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 08:10:59 AM »
The anticipation is bummer due to the weather. Be thankful your getting some rain, my yard is brown! Almost afraid to shoot due to the fire hazard.
Hope the weather don't keep you down too long.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 08:14:32 AM »
Congrats Stimpy, you'll love it!! ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
Rain stopped for awhile but more comming in a few , we needed it BAD , mowed once in the last 7 weeks . I was out on the back deck looking through the peep sights and am afraid that it will end up with a scope  :o  :'(  old eyes just aren't going to cut it .

Also in the deal i came with the factory W&H gun sock and a hand full of 218 Bee brass . It don't have the BC style butt stock but does have a very nice set of walnuts with great grain and a pacmyer recoil pad so i'm a happy camper .  ;D

Now i'm going to have to start on the pistol cal. barrels .  ::)

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 10:00:23 AM »
Rain? Whatzat? We're into a 100 year record drought here in Bama. I wasn't aware of it before now but droughts are rated on a scale of one to five like tornadoes and hurricanes and we're so far beyond the category five they don't even have a rating for it. At my house I think I'm about 24" behind what would be normal rainfall for this year alone and we were way behind for the entire year last year. The nearest town I've seen them give a longer term shortage for is Huntsville about 80 miles or less north of me as the crow flies and they are close to 60" behind since January of 2006. They've had a lot more rain this year than me.

Our temps are pushing 100 daily and expected to exceed it a few days at least this month. The heat index is well over 100 daily. My pond is about 5' low it's a good thing it's deep but I'm beginning to wonder if it's deep enough.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!