Author Topic: My guns  (Read 754 times)

Offline Cannonball

• Trade Count: (0)
My guns
« on: August 05, 2007, 04:48:07 PM »
I recently edited my post under "pics worthy of a calendar" and received a PM regarding them. Here it is. First is Goliath, she's a gb bore 1:4 scale replica of a British 24 pdr. made by Bill Mcgreggor from Canadian cannon company (pardon me if I misspell your name, I think your a member here). I don't have access to any workshop so the carriage is slapped together rather crudely but gets the job done. Still havn't found any wheels for her yet. Residing in the living room, I protect her with childrens vaseline from my boys grubby little fingers and clean with alcohol before I shoot. And the implement hooks have been flipped to prevent Impalement. (my boy's just getting the hang of this walking thing)

Then there's my winchester 10g. salute cannon, basic black.

this one's a 1:8 scale 6pdr. on an aluminum cast carriage from Canon mania. 50cal. Back in the day, I had something called "sparetime" and painted her.

This one's just a 1:10 scale yorktown mortar again from Cannon mania. Never got around to painting it yet.

Those are my four functional, the rest are all models I've picked up at various museums, I even got one from a dollar store.
Some fire those little red caps and one I use for firecrackers.

And this is all of 'em.

Just thought everyone might like to know. JJ

Offline lance

Re: My guns
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 04:53:44 PM »
nice collection, i could see them all just fine.thanks for sharing them.
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Cannonball

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 04:55:39 PM »
Funny, I dont remember how to post them and see them in the post without clicking on them.

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 05:10:30 PM »
Photobucket is easy to post pictures from

Just click and copy the line called IMG Code and paste in the reply window.

Offline Cannonball

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 05:15:38 PM »
Dang, I knew I was using the wrong code. Please delete all the instructions and this post so no one sees my stupidity! I'll fix it right away. Thanks.
I just realized you already did. thanks again, DOH!

Offline lance

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 05:24:03 PM »
no, don't delete it! it might be another way for me to post pics ;D

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2007, 05:29:17 PM »
Won't delete it.

It ain't stupidity when try and learn, it's stupidity when you don't even try...

I used another technique to fix your pictures in your first post.  I highlighted your links to your pictures

Then clicked on the picture toggle from the list of toggles above the reply window and that added the code at either end of your link.

Be sure you don't have spell check  turned on when you do that, it will interfer

Offline Cannonball

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2007, 06:18:42 PM »
Won't delete it.

It ain't stupidity when try and learn, it's stupidity when you don't even try...

I used another technique to fix your pictures in your first post.  I highlighted your links to your pictures

Then clicked on the picture toggle  from the list of toggles above the reply window and that added the code at either end of your link.

Be sure you don't have spell check  turned on when you do that, it will interfer
I almost forgot the first thing I learned in boy scouts, "If it's stupid but works, it ain't stupid!"

Offline Cannonball

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2007, 06:39:50 PM »
I almost forgot, here's a short clip of my Winchester. I had more of other guns but my camcorder broke before I ever got around to uploading them. This one was taken with a regular camera so it ain't too great but I'm doin' what I can with what I got.

Offline m223

• Avid Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 02:55:12 PM »
Cannonball, Welcome to the board, That's a nice collection of artillery you have. Don't feel stupid about the picture posting, it took me awhile to figure it out too, and that's only because the good folks here helped me out. Your ahead of the game, you even did a video, and you are only on your 34th post. Good show man. Poor lance is on his 256th post and still having troubles. :-)  Tracy

Offline lance

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 03:35:51 PM »
Cannonball, Welcome to the board, That's a nice collection of artillery you have. Don't feel stupid about the picture posting, it took me awhile to figure it out too, and that's only because the good folks here helped me out. Your ahead of the game, you even did a video, and you are only on your 34th post. Good show man. Poor lance is on his 256th post and still having troubles. :-)  Tracy
hey , i , well,  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:27 PM »
That Cannon from Bill makes me envious Cannonball .,He sure does some awesome work .