Author Topic: WHY NOT DO THIS IN EVERY STATE AND BYPASS WASHINGTON D.C.  (Read 902 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
WHY NOT DO THIS IN EVERY STATE AND BYPASS WASHINGTON D.C.
« on: August 08, 2007, 03:23:26 PM »
Gotta give it to those Sooners on this one, great job guys..............

OKLAHOMA ACTUALLY DID IT.
Will other states follow their lead?

Oklahoma's Governor Brad Henry has signed a sweeping immigration reform bill, House Bill 1804, that its sponsor believes will go a long way in dealing with the illegal alien problem in the state.

House Bill 1804 was passed by overwhelming majorities in both the House and Senate of the Oklahoma Legislature. The measure's sponsor, State Representative Randy Terrill, says the bill has four main topical areas: it deals with identity theft; it terminates public assistance benefits to illegals; it empowers state and local police to enforce federal immigration laws; and it punishes employers who knowingly hire illegal aliens.

Oklahoma is no longer "O.K." for illegal aliens, Terrill observes. "When you put everything together in context," he contends, "the bottom line is illegal aliens will not come here if there are no jobs waiting for them, they will not stay here if there is no government subsidy, and they certainly won't stay here if they know that if they ever encounter our state and local law enforcement officers, they will be physically detained until they're deported, and that's exactly what House Bill 1804 does."

The Oklahoma legislator is pleased that the bill he sponsored into law was signed by Governor Henry and believes it will go a long way to curb the illegal immigration problem in the state. "I would remind you people that states are separate sovereigns in our federal system," Terrill points out. "Anyone who doesn't understand that needs to go back and take an American federal government class in college," he says.

As a result of that sovereignty, the Oklahoma lawmaker insists, "we have as much right - in fact, I would argue, a responsibility - to protect our taxpayers against that sort of egregious waste, fraud and abuse as the federal government should have a responsibility to protect that international border, but doesn't do that."

Terrill says as long as the federal government refuses to do its job of protecting the international borders of the United States, states like Oklahoma must take action to deal with the problem that is costing taxpayers in the state $200 million a year in public benefits, law enforcement costs and other resources.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: WHY NOT DO THIS IN EVERY STATE AND BYPASS WASHINGTON D.C.
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 03:28:26 PM »
Sometimes, I think what we need is to build a fence around DC and keep the pols locked in there and out of every body's hair and let the states handle things.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline powderman

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 03:40:45 PM »
I'd love to see evry state in the union adopt the same policies, and ENFORCE them. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:04:59 PM »
Awesome, but here in Chicago you know that will never fly. For some reason we have to kiss the illegals butts here. That woman is still hiding in that church and no public officials have the mustard to pull her out. I saw a truck today with two mexicans in it with a sticker in the window of that little kid peeing on stuff. Guess what he was peeing on! El America! I was and still am so ticked off, you see the same sticker with la migre (immigration) I wish the local police could do what the Oklahoma police are allowed to do now.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Online magooch

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 04:43:34 AM »
The only way every state might enact what Oklahoma has, is to get rid of the Dumbycratics.  In my state the liberals are firmly in charge and they will never ever do anything about illegal invaders except give them anything they want and sanctuary.  The same goes for the states to our south.  This is the left coast--ya know.
Swingem

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 10:45:25 AM »
Wait and see how long it takes this to wind up in court and get slapped down. Didn't a suburb of Dallas just do basically the same thing and the court has already ruled against it? Personally I think it should not only be state law but federal law too. But it ain't going to happen.

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 11:36:36 AM »
the democrats? who has been flying the on letting the immigrants have a bunch of rights in America? George Bush himself. I agree with you that the democrats do what immigration reform but so do a lot of republicans.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 07:42:26 PM »
I'm not sure this all fact but it was in the works. Although Oklahoma has done things like this in the past. We made the EPA take a backseat to our own DEQ Department of Environmental Quality. That has worked out very well allowing better control and policies that fit based on each situation, rather than the feds cookie cutter one size fits all BS. Hopefully we will keep moving in this direction and other states will follow.  We may take this country back yet, but  wrestling the control back from the feds will be a tough battle.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 01:21:10 AM »
The only way every state might enact what Oklahoma has, is to get rid of the Dumbycratics.

I am not a democrat and don't vote for them and there has been some dems that has gave problems with this, but then there has also been some that has tried to help by voting down the recent immigration bill. I think the biggest problem with all this immigration is sitting in the Oval office.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Online magooch

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 03:55:42 AM »
I do think the President has his priorities wrong when it comes to illegal invaders, but if anyone thinks that the Dumbocratics want to control immigration, you just aren't paying attention. 

The President has stated that he does not want amnesty, but then he doesn't want to kick all the invaders out.  His main hangup seems to be that we need the workers from south of the border; he's right, but we sure as heck don't need the criminals that are invading us.

There probably are some Dumbycratics who are in favor of controlling our borders, but the leadership of that outrageous party wants amnesty--pure and simple.  They want the votes to keep their power and they don't care if it screws up the country in the process.  And yes, there are Republicans who have the same motives, like John McCain.
Swingem

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 11:01:18 AM »
The President has stated that he does not want amnesty, but then he doesn't want to kick all the invaders out.  His main hangup seems to be that we need the workers from south of the border; he's right, but we sure as heck don't need the criminals that are invading us.

magooch.  I don't know what you have been reading, but the truth of the matter is, George W. Bush has been an advocate, and pushed for an amnesty program for years.  This  was very evident even as Governor of Texas, early in his first term as President he worked on an amnesty program with Vicente Fox  (the then President of Mexico).  I agree that we do need the workers, but they should be LEGAL workers, properly documented, with health and background checks to eliminated the undesirables.

The President and his crew have closed their eyes to the immigration situation because the fruits of the labor of the illegals serves to line the pockets of those who contribute to keep him in power.  It is my opinion that MOST of those who favor amnesty have a vested interest because they are reaping the benefits of the immigrants sweat.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 11:09:27 AM »
If you want to know why he wants amnesty, it may be on account of this that I got in an email.

If you have been scratching your head trying to figure out why President Bush has pushed so hard for amnesty, here's your "smoking gun."

An effort is underway to create a North American "framework" that will all but eliminate hard borders between Mexico, the U.S. and Canada. This "framework" includes a "trusted travelers" program that allows "citizens of North America" to move freely within the three countries.

No wonder the President is pushing amnesty!

On August 20-21, President Bush will join Mexican President Calderon and Canadian Prime Minister Harper for the second Security and Prosperity Partnership (SPP) summit.

The SPP is what many believe to be the beginnings of the infrastructure for the North American Union. The SPP's stated goal is to:

"...Consolidate our action into a North American
     framework to confront security and economic challenges,
     and promote the full potential of our people, addressing
     disparities and increasing opportunities for all."

This tri-lateral agreement already has resulted in regulatory changes and open borders initiatives that clearly undermine our sovereignty. The SPP is the one touting the "trusted travelers" program to encourage migration of "citizens of North America."
AMM
The Mountain

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 11:35:03 AM »
IF and ONLY IF Mexico and Canada wanted to give up their sovernty and become a part of the US could I support such a plan. I'd not grossly object to making each Canadian province and each Mexican state states within the US. So long as all US Consitutional freedoms and all US law applied I could be convinced to accept such.

But what is wanted it seems to be is to let Mexican law apply to the US and Canada and I don't agree with that at all.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 02:27:15 PM »
I saw a truck today with two mexicans in it with a sticker in the window of that little kid peeing on stuff. Guess what he was peeing on! El America! I was and still am so ticked off,

I was talking to a Mexican guy I know at work today about this and he tells me it has something to do with soccer. Man all that ranting for nothing.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Online magooch

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 03:37:26 AM »
If the plan is to make it easier to move around from one country to the other, they haven't helped much with the requirement to have a passport.  I'll not be going to Mexico, or Canada if it takes a passport.

Rockabilly, it isn't what I've been reading, it's what I've seen and heard coming from the Presidents mouth.  I know that just because it is on TV, that doesn't make it fact and just because a politician says something--even the President--that doesn't necessarily represent what he truly believes.  What I believe is that the President has what he thinks is best for the country in mind and while I might not agree with it, I'm not going to attach to it any ulterior motives.  If the President is getting paid off, I'm sure Henry Waxman, or Shmucky Schumer will ferret it out.
Swingem

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2007, 12:51:42 PM »
We have to remember that Jeb Bush married an alien, I believe she is from Mexico or a Central Americian country.  So if GW comes out as against the invaders he will hurting a family member. 

I still think he has his priorities mixed up.  I hope other states follows Oklahomas lead.  Especially Alaska, yes we have a spanish speaking invasion here too.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
    • The Mountain
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2007, 01:15:10 PM »
We have to remember that Jeb Bush married an alien, I believe she is from Mexico or a Central Americian country.  So if GW comes out as against the invaders he will hurting a family member. 

Do you know if she was here legally or illegally? If she was here legally, then Bush shouldn't have a problem with stopping illegals from coming in.
AMM
The Mountain

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2007, 07:25:56 PM »
Sourdough. Jeb married Columba Garnica Gallo the daughter of a migrant worker (they claim he was legal but I ain't taking bets) from Leon Guanajuato, Mexico in Austin, TX in 1971.   He met her while teaching High School English in Leon.  Once married to an American citizen, an alien can also become a citizen. (Think of all the GIs that brought foreign wives home with them, and how they became citizens)

Based on what I have read, the goal of GWB was to form a union similar to that in Europe.  One type of money, no borders, or limited border controls, free trade, and the right of people to move about as they please.  He and Vicente Fox (he is also from Leon Guanajuato, Mexico area) pushed very hard for this union.  The North American Free Trade Alliance is a result of these meetings, and once approved will limit some or all of our border controls.  Plans are currently underway to "take" land along IH 35 from the Texas border all the way to Chicago allowing trade goods to move freely.  Many Texas land owners are fighting this tooth and nail.

It is not just the Mexican people that concern me, I fully support deporting all illegals regardless of where they come from.  Our infra-structure is going to hell in a hand basket, we are over taxed in our hospitals, our courts, our prison systems, and our schools, and all of this can be contributed, largely, to the illegal immigrants.  We spend almost each year providing for them,  as we do to provide for our military.  It is time to stop this madness.

As the "little folks," about the only thing we can do to correct the problem is to continue squawking to our senators and congressmen, get out and vote for those that WILL make changes, and try to encourage others to do the same.