Author Topic: Question about receivers.....  (Read 333 times)

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
Question about receivers.....
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:10:16 PM »
I noticed a new pin or stud in the side of my two newest NEF receivers tonight.....  One was bought as a 22 Hornet and the other a USH 20GA slug gun. So both should be the same receivers.  Yet my previous new NEF 500S&W receiver is lacking it....

I remember some talk about this conversation VERSA-PAK guns...but they are not rifle receivers.... Anyone know what the change was for??

Here is the stud/pin I am referring to:

Here is my 500S&W receiver that does NOT have it...

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
Re: Question about receivers.....
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 02:23:50 PM »
CW

That is a plug that hides a hole that H&R installed to help with barrel fitting , it lets the factory fitter see the latch engagement better to insure proper lock-up .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped

Offline cwlongshot

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (158)
  • Shooting, Hunting, the Outdoors & ATVs
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 02:34:17 PM »
CW

That is a plug that hides a hole that H&R installed to help with barrel fitting , it lets the factory fitter see the latch engagement better to insure proper lock-up .

stimpy

Stimpy,
 Thank you!! 

Well, I learned something new today!!! I had no idea!!!

CW
"Pay heed to the man who carries a single shot rifle, he likely knows how to use it."

NRA LIFE Member 
Remember... Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Offline stimpylu32

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (67)
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 02:42:17 PM »
CW

Odds are good that the Hornet is on a SB2 frame and the USH is on a SB1 , take a look at the firing pin size of both and you may find that the Hornet has a smaller pin that the USH .

I may be wrong but lately it seems that H&R trys to keep rifle barrels on rifle frames so people don't try to put high pressure barrels on shotgun frames .

stimpy
Deceased June 17, 2015

:D If i can,t stop it with 6 it can,t be stopped