Author Topic: LM4 Simmerling  (Read 2242 times)

Offline Old Griz

• Trade Count: (0)
LM4 Simmerling
« on: August 10, 2007, 07:24:23 PM »
Does anyone have any experience with American Derringer, and/or the  LM4 Simmerling? That is a small .45. Bet it's a handful to shoot.
www.amderringer.com/catalog5.html
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Savage

Re: LM4 Simmerling
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 01:11:26 AM »
 ;D Little bugger it is! The 24oz weight would soak up a lot of recoil. (My Ultra Carry weighs in at 25ozs). The short grip might make it a bit hard to hang onto with full power loads. No price given on the web site, any information there?
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline sert01

• NRA Life Member Past Rescue 40 SRRT member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 05:54:23 AM »
i carry an american derringer in .45/.410- model 1. stainless steel. don't even know you have it on . some people think they're useless but i sure wouldn't want to get hit with one at close range. i carry mine stuffed with either .410 buckshot(three balls) or .45 loads in public.when i'm canoing or woodswalking, i put in #6 shot for snakes,etc..always wondered why the last 1/2 inch or so of the barrel(3 inch) is rifled. just about every .45 i've shot at 5-10 yards is keyholed on the target. man, that's really got to hurt!!! i just recently got a Keltec PF-9 for better range and capacity, but i'll still carry my derringer occasionally. hope this helps you some.   Sert01

Offline sert01

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 05:59:14 AM »
following the above post, my american derringer listed at 423$ on the web-site. i got it used,like new for 250$ three years ago. the .45's aren't bad to shoot but the .410's start working on your hand after about 6-8 shots. still a fun gun to shoot and as i said, i wouldn't want to be staring down the wrong end of the barrels of one of these. Sert01

Offline Savage

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 07:28:38 AM »
With the 45-70 derringer there is no right end to be on when it goes off!  :o
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline sert01

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:01:25 AM »
savage, i've got a custom siamese mauser in 45-70 and i couldn't imagine a 45-70 derringer even with factory (sissy!!) loads. even .44 mag has to hurt like H____!!! seems like you'd be blowing most of your powder on the ground or into the target in front of you!! maybe one of the BFR guns in 45-70 but a derringer? no thanks!!(not that i wouldn't mind shooting one once if it was available!!)   Sert01