Author Topic: Sorry State of Afairs!  (Read 576 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Sorry State of Afairs!
« on: August 11, 2007, 08:10:58 AM »
A conversation between a Customer and A Bank of America employee.

Bank:  This is Bank of America, may I help you?

Customer:  Yes, I want to cancel my account.  I don't want to do business with you any longer.

Bank:  May I ask why?

Customer:  You're giving credit to illegal immigrants and I don't think that is right.  I am taking my business elsewhere.

Bank:  Well Mr. Customer, we don't want to see you do that, but we can't stop you.  I'll help you close the account.  What is your account number?

Customer:  (gives account number)

Bank:  For security purposes and for your protection can you give me the last four digits of your social security number?

Customer:  NO.

Bank:  Mr Customer, I need to verify your information, but in order to help you I I'll need verification of who you are.

Customer:  Why should I give you my social security number?  The reason I am closing my account is that your bank is issuing credit card to illegal immigrants who do not have social security numbers.  You are targeting that audience and want their business.  Let's say I'm an illegal immigrant and you've given me a credit card.  I have a question and call you for assistance.  You wouldn't be asking me for a social security number, would you?

Bank:  No sir, I would not.

Customer:  Why not.

Bank:  Because you would have to press "2" to speak in Spanish.  We don't ask for that information when calling in on the Spanish line.

Check this out on Snopes.com - IT'S TRUE!
http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/bankofamerica.asp

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
Re: Sorry State of Afairs!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 08:58:07 AM »
This is their affair, but we'll all just remember that if the business model fails, it is not the taxpayer's or other banking customers' obligation to bail them out.

I guess they figure if the balance can't be greater than a certain amount, they can recover the money in a couple of years' worth of fees and interest charges.

Gotta love the double standard, though.

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 09:13:50 AM »
This is their affair, but we'll all just remember that if the business model fails, it is not the taxpayer's or other banking customers' obligation to bail them out.

I guess they figure if the balance can't be greater than a certain amount, they can recover the money in a couple of years' worth of fees and interest charges.

Gotta love the double standard, though.

Whom do you suppose supports financially the FDIC? It is certainly Disney World. Tax dollars will as always save the bank.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline DWTim

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 02:20:56 PM »
Yes, and at some point we have to question the effectiveness of the solution.

I thought that this was supposed to be solved in the 1920s, when there was a wildly inflating stock market, and lenders going bankrupt.

Wait. That's sounds familiar.

Offline powderman

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 04:58:42 PM »
They just opened a spanish only bank in Louisville recently, and already have a spanish only radio station. Makes me sick. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline magooch

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 04:38:19 AM »
Every time I see the spanish lingo all over Lowe's entry doors, I have this tremendous urge to throw a rock through them.
Swingem

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 05:36:59 PM »
There might be hope after all, it looks like the Whitehouse has finally seen the light and is going through the motions of removing those here illegally. They are even planning to go after employers that hire illegals.  

This was in the news today, can it be Bush is attempting to pull the wool over our eyes again and slip an amnesty package in while we are sleeping?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 03:47:47 AM »
They just opened a spanish only bank in Louisville recently, and already have a spanish only radio station. Makes me sick. POWDERMAN.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Just one mex radio station? Your behind powderman. We have lots of em
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 08:17:49 AM »
A local Mexican radio station just won some king of award, in the newspaper article that told about the award they said one station each day converts to Mexican (or Spanish). 

We also have many of them in this area, it is funny, for years there were many that you could only get at night, but today it makes no difference when you turn the radio on, there is one to be found.  Years ago many of the Mexican stations broadcast from across the border, Am, and jacked the power up at night to drown out weak American stations.