Author Topic: Noble Firearms  (Read 1548 times)

Offline toysoldier

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Noble Firearms
« on: August 11, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
Does anyone know of a reference for this company? It made modestly-priced firearms, many of which were branded for other sellers. I'd like to find out more about their products. I don't really expect to find a 12"x15" book with glossy photos, but would be happy to find something with pictures of their products. ???

Offline powderman

Re: Noble Firearms
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 04:55:25 PM »
I haven't heard of them in probably 40 years. I remember seeing a pump shotgun of theirs way back when. Nothing fancy, but very functional, seems like the one I saw was a 410, can't remember for sure. POWDERMAN.  ;D ;D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 08:39:58 PM »
My son in law has a 22mag b/a that he shoots all the time, and likes it very much. I had a pump 410 many years ago while I was in the service. I don't remember much about them, except they seemed to work fairly well.

Gun Runner

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 03:27:54 AM »
I have no references but the Noble does get brought up now & again...I have seen it more than once here at GB.
I used to own one in a .22lr. It was a single feed bolt action that had the knob at the rear for manual cocking, It had a bull barrel and hooded front sight along with a good quality walnut stock.
I ended up trading it for some Montgomery traps. kind of a shame as it was a decent shooter.

Offline coltshooter2

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 05:13:02 PM »
Nobel was bought by Smith and Wesson in the 1950's or 60's. The 917 S&W shotgun was a Nobel design and I have seen where writers stated that the machinery was just plain wore out. S&W probably scrapped all of it rather than rebuild it.

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 06:31:31 PM »
I bought a Westernfield, 12 gage, pump shotgun from Montgomery Wards (that should age me) back in 1953.  It was a full choke, and responsible for putting a lot of meat on the table.  I gave it to my son about twenty years ago, he had the barrel reamed out to a modified choke and used it for years for hunting birds.  It no longer sees any use, but still has a place in the safe where it is likely to stay for years.

It was a very good gun.  I wouldn't even start to estimate the number of rounds put through it, but it was a bunch.  The only problem I ever had was the rod that pushed the bolt back when you pumped it broke, that was about 1968.  I bought another one at Wards, replace it and the old gun never missed a beat.  They weren't expensive, were kinda plain, but were a very reliable gun. 

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 09:06:51 PM »
coltshooter2, could that have been a S&W 916 vice 917? I had a S&W916a that I used as a pickup gun when I lived in alaska.

Gun Runner

Offline coltshooter2

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 01:39:24 PM »
Maybe, I had one of the S&W shotguns years ago and found the info then. Mine was a plain-jane 12 guage pump, but it shot very good patterns. Wish I had kept it, it was a lot better shotgun than I got in trade.

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 01:48:51 PM »
Noble was in business from 1946 to 1971.They manufactured 22's,and pump shotguns.I had a 12gauge pumpgun, that I used a a boat gun when I lived on the east coast,it got rusty but never failed to go bang.   hth   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline alsaqr

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 02:12:33 AM »
Noble made the only .410 automatic shotgun that i ever heard of.  A friend has one.   

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 11:14:35 AM »
Dunno about FULL auto but Remington has been making the Model 1100 SEMIAUTO in .410 since at least the mid 70s as I had a matched pair of .410 and 28 in a hard case I bought way back in the 70s some time or another. New ones are on the shelf today at the gun store I frequent.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!