Author Topic: naa belt buckle holster  (Read 1090 times)

Offline benjaminw7528

• Trade Count: (0)
naa belt buckle holster
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:28:11 PM »
 I was thinking about getting one of the belt buckle holsters and wondering how safe they are

Offline TGFOGAL

Re: naa belt buckle holster
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 07:13:17 AM »
I have one, it is safe but not fast to get out.
Very slow to unhook.

Offline K.K

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 03:14:52 AM »
Hi guys,

I have seen them, but do they fit the bill for "concealed carry?" I don't own one, and probably never will, but was just curious, as the gun is obviously in plain sight, unless you wear a long shirt.

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:12:36 AM »
Unless you collect novelty belt buckles, or just want one for grins, the buckles are pretty useless. If your state requires the gun to be concealed, ti isn't, unless covered by an over garment. For carry, you're taking a marginal defensive weapon, and making it slower to deploy. Your choice.
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline rigger1

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 06:22:59 AM »
I believe I remember reading, 2 or 3 years ago, that this carry was prohibited by the BTAF because it was considered "hidden" .  Can anyone confirm?

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 07:54:09 AM »
I believe I remember reading, 2 or 3 years ago, that this carry was prohibited by the BTAF because it was considered "hidden" .  Can anyone confirm?

Are you thinking of the grips that folded up and acted as a wallet holster?  The BATF decided that the grips turned the NAA mini into something from the "any other weapon" category, and they went off the market.  That's based on my shaky memory, without bothering to look up details, but I'm sure there will be folks happy to correct me if I made any errors. ;D
NRA life member

Offline rigger1

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2007, 09:25:04 AM »

Are you thinking of the grips that folded up and acted as a wallet holster?  The BATF decided that the grips turned the NAA mini into something from the "any other weapon" category, and they went off the market.  That's based on my shaky memory, without bothering to look up details, but I'm sure there will be folks happy to correct me if I made any errors. ;D

I think you're right leverfan.  I remember the wallet holster as a separate issue, band now that you mention it, I'm beginning to think this may be only a Kalifornia issue.  It seems there's always some gun-hater, out here, wanting to ban something.

Offline goldhound56

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 05:40:22 PM »
I have one of the buckles , I  put my black power .22 cal. NAA in it . I was told I could wear it .