Author Topic: tractor pull  (Read 318 times)

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
tractor pull
« on: August 19, 2007, 02:22:30 PM »
I thought this weekend, being that there wasn't a gun show around, I would take the wife and kids to the National Tractor pull in Bowling Green,Ohio, which is about 30 miles away.
Went into a local store on Wednesday to buy advance tickets, save $2 a ticket. Lady at the store never said anything, but when I got back to the car, I read on the ticket, no refunds, no rain days. Weather forecast was up in the air, until this morning. When I got up, pouring down rain, called a local TV station around 9am., as the pulls started at noon. Was informed that they had already canceled the days events.
Guess you could say, I was ''pulled'' for $40. Tried to save $4, and was burned for $40! Don't think I'll ever make plans to go to any tractor pulls in the furture.  Don't think it's right, but doubt if I'll ever see any kind of refund. Let the buyer beware!! gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: tractor pull
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 03:55:42 PM »
About the same distance from BG as me.  That pull is a good time! The infield is about as rowdy as it gets and still stay safe.
I had no idea what their rain policy is... I have always purchased the tickets at the gate. One year  there was a rain delay and we ended up in one of the puller's trailer watching his past pulling viedos and talking horsepower... good bunch of guys.
sorry to hear how your day went