Author Topic: "Real ID" deadline approaches,,,Mr. Chertoff speaks  (Read 1486 times)

TM7

"Real ID" deadline approaches,,,Mr. Chertoff speaks
« on: August 20, 2007, 05:14:40 AM »
This is what it is getting down to...a must read.

The Real ID act will prevent those without the federal "Real ID" from 1) boarding mass transit (planes, trains and buses), 2) entering federal govt. buildings, 3) receiving federal govt. benefits (medicare Soc. Sec., medicaid, federal unemployment, food stamps, WIC vouchers, federal pensions, etc.), 4) having a bank account at a bank that is a member of the federal reserve system, 5) having an investment account with a regulated investment firm, and eventually you won't be able to have a job without one.
An most likely keep you from firearm purchases and entering all those wildlife/natural fed areas if you are not compliant.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/16/real.id/index.html

....TM7

Offline ncsurveyor

• Trade Count: (24)
  • A Real Regular
Re: "Real ID" deadline approaches,,,Mr. Chertoff speaks
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 05:45:25 AM »
thought most of those items is what my social security card was for?

Offline DDelle338

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 06:53:45 AM »
thought most of those items is what my social security card was for?

Even though that is what the SSN has become, it was not intended to serve any purpose outside of social security matters.
Life's a Bitch, But the puppies are cute.

Offline MississippiRambo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 07:31:12 AM »
This is what it is getting down to...a must read.

The Real ID act will prevent those without the federal "Real ID" from 1) boarding mass transit (planes, trains and buses), 2) entering federal govt. buildings, 3) receiving federal govt. benefits (medicare Soc. Sec., medicaid, federal unemployment, food stamps, WIC vouchers, federal pensions, etc.), 4) having a bank account at a bank that is a member of the federal reserve system, 5) having an investment account with a regulated investment firm, and eventually you won't be able to have a job without one.
An most likely keep you from firearm purchases and entering all those wildlife/natural fed areas if you are not compliant.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/16/real.id/index.html

....TM7

They are lettin' all these illegal Mexicans in and lettin' them run AMOK so that people will be more willing to accept it. That's why they REFUSE to shut the border. Folks, this is the REAL reason our government will not allow the borders to be closed. Our government has become a monster -with only Israel's interest in mind.  Of course, the HEAD of homeland security - Mike Chertoff is the main one pushing this...  and of course, he is a dual citizen with Israel and America.  Nuff said.

Offline magooch

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 03:32:19 AM »
Yeah, right.
Swingem

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 06:40:42 AM »
Its not like the Gov does not know every thing about you already so I cannot see the big deal. There is a data base built up on every one already. I cannot remember where I saw it but there was a link on the net a while back that you entered your name and I do not remember what else maybe address and it came up will all sorts of personal info about you.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline magooch

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 03:18:09 AM »
While we sit and worry about what kind of ID card is used for us to prove we are actually American citizens and have a right to be running loose in this country, we are being invaded.  If having a genuine ID card that is very difficult to counterfeit would help stop the invasion and send those already here packin, I'm all for it.

First though, we've got to get past the racial/ethnic profiling issue.  Everyone knows what most of the invaders look like and that it would for the most part be a waste of time and effort for the cops, or ICE to go around checking the ID's of folks who look like they came from Europe.  If that doesn't sit just right with peoples PC standards--too bad.
Swingem

Offline PA-Joe

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 04:54:22 AM »
I thought the spanish were in the southwest a few hundred years before the europeans? In fact, didn't we steal the SW from Mexico?

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 06:28:17 AM »
In fact, didn't we steal the SW from Mexico?

NO!!!  We won it with blood and determination.  You forget the Alamo?   ::)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 06:56:07 AM »
jh45gun....Freedom and Liberty as exemplified by 'privacy' use to be the heart and sole of this country.
I'm afraid the heart and sole is about to be gutted out of the country and replaced with far less noble pursuits.

...TM7

Very well could be I do not know I suppose you have researched this I have not all I figure is that we have drivers licenses with our info and picture and we have a SS card. Like I said these days there is a data base on about every one due to what info we have on these cards now. SO having one more with the same info whats it gonna hurt? I mean what more can they put on it except name age and where you live? I suppose some one will come up with the tracking issue I do not know if that is an issue with this or not?
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Dixie Dude

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 07:09:08 AM »
In Alabama, you can get a non-drivers ID at the drivers license.  If they required all non-drivers over 16 or 18 in every state, what more do you need?  And if they required all to have photo ID's.  Of course fake ID's could probably be made.  They could require everyone just to get a passport.  This could be used anywhere.  Then again, these also can be faked. 

Offline magooch

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 03:58:06 AM »
Okay, how about making all the illegals acquire an official ID card--first.  Oh wait a minute, how do we find out who is legal and who isn't?
Swingem

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 10:02:23 AM »
You folks go ahead and justify the Real ID Act all you want. If this was an issue of immigration and prevention of illegal’s then the government would go after those who give them a reason to be here as in those who hire them and rent to them.  After all if they can’t get a job or find a place to live then chances are they will not venture this way seeing as they don’t give a rat’s ass about America anyway. But rather this is an issue of robbing us of even more of our civil liberties and consolidating even more of the government.  Folks think what you want I really don’t care but if you buy into this purported reasoning and logic behind the Real ID Act then you are in for a rude awaking very soon…

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 10:47:26 AM »
Easy way to stop illegal immigration:
•   Jail terms for anyone found to knowingly hire illegal immigrants. ( SSN Lookup is available and is about $15.00 per month for the service… USE IT )
•   Jail terms for anyone found to harbor or provide housing  and/or shelter for illegal immigrants. ( Background checks cost an average of $25.00 per check )
•   Jail terms for any Auto Reseller found to sell vehicles to anyone without proper verified identification. ( Run a Credit check on everyone which requires a SSN and provides last reported address… Verify It! )
•   No Jobs, No Housing, No Transportation, NO ILLEGALS….

For those of you who continue to talk without having a clue as to what it is you are talking about why not become informed. I have posted many things as well as TM7 on this and many other issues that people seem to laugh at or turn their noses up and call us nuts. Well instead of posting a bunch of info that no one ever reads anyway I will post a few links so that those who wish can research and those who are to busy can ignore…

Google --- Public Law 109-13; 49 U.S.C.   also known as The Real ID Act of 2005

http://thomas.loc.gov/   Find out what is really happing in Washington (If you care)

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Offline magooch

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 03:30:50 AM »
TM7 and Matt, I don't have a problem with what you guys are saying.  It's just that it is said that there are 12 to 20 million invaders here already and they are the problem as well as those who continue to invade.

My concern is that there is no way yet established to discover and separate out the invaders from the citizens and legal migrants.  It is going to take a degree of infringement on our freedom in order to get the job done.  The infringement can be minimized for most of us if profiling is allowed, but I'm not going to hold my breath till that happens.
Swingem

Offline Dee

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 03:52:09 AM »
TM7 and Matt, I don't have a problem with what you guys are saying.  It's just that it is said that there are 12 to 20 million invaders here already and they are the problem as well as those who continue to invade.

My concern is that there is no way yet established to discover and separate out the invaders from the citizens and legal migrants.  It is going to take a degree of infringement on our freedom in order to get the job done.  The infringement can be minimized for most of us if profiling is allowed, but I'm not going to hold my breath till that happens.

THOSE WHOM ARE WILLING TO GIVE UP FREEDOMS FOR A LITTLE SECURITY, DESERVE "NEITHER"! Didn't Ben Franklin say that?
It seems that some of us fit this description and will have no problem explaining to the nice officer with the MP5 strapped to his chest of why he is leaving the state (or county perhaps) and what he is going to do in the other state (or county). It is common knowledge (even Biblical) that once the camel gets his head under the tent, you usually end up with the WHOLE CAMEL. AND! Has the government EVER taken ANYTHING, saying that it would HELP SOLVE THE PROBLEM, but once the problem was solved, gave back what they took? Take taxes for the war for instance. They forgot to stop the taxes after the war was over. :o ??? ::)
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Matt

• Administrator
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 11:37:37 AM »

I just do not see how it could be easier / faster / simpler / cheaper or anything else to issue a national ID to the other 280 million of us rather than just round up the few thousand big wheels of the companies who hire them, then the thousands of landlords that rent to them and if need be those who provide them with transportation. If the say 1 million or so folks who are already guilty of aiding and abetting were locked up and shown we the people are not going to put up with it then maybe just maybe all of this would go away…

I for one WILL NOT TAKE THE ID…. Period… I am quite well adapted to survival off the land and intend to live that way for as long as needed. It is still my position that if the other 279,999,999 of you would do the same then the whole thing would again GO AWAY…

Matt
― Albert Einstein

Online nw_hunter

• Trade Count: (4)
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 02:05:50 PM »
You folks go ahead and justify the Real ID Act all you want. If this was an issue of immigration and prevention of illegal’s then the government would go after those who give them a reason to be here as in those who hire them and rent to them.  After all if they can’t get a job or find a place to live then chances are they will not venture this way seeing as they don’t give a rat’s ass about America anyway. But rather this is an issue of robbing us of even more of our civil liberties and consolidating even more of the government.  Folks think what you want I really don’t care but if you buy into this purported reasoning and logic behind the Real ID Act then you are in for a rude awaking very soon…

Matt

You may as well be talking to the wall Matt! Most have been so brainwashed , they can no longer think for themselves! They need Big Brother to do it for them.

Freedom Of Speech.....Once we lose it, every other freedom will follow.

Offline Dee

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 03:19:30 PM »
mirage1988, Do you really think abbreviations hide such language? >:( Young people read these threads, and one would "think" vulgar would have no place here. Are you that limited? >:(
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline Mohawk

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 03:32:25 PM »
In fact, didn't we steal the SW from Mexico?

NO!!!  We won it with blood and determination.  You forget the Alamo?   ::)

Nope, won fair and square in the Texas revolution. General Sam Houston settled that matter at San Jacinto. Texas' borders were clear as far north as Colorado.

Offline mirage1988

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 03:47:46 PM »
sorry Dee,
I misspelled heck.

Offline Troyboy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (41)
  • Work more talk less
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 03:07:23 AM »
The check points will be next. When will this country awaken?
.204 .22lr .22wm .25acp .223 5.56 .243 .25-06 6.5x55  .308  .300wbymag  7.5x54  7.62x25 7.62x39  338-06  9x19 .38spl  9x18 .45acp . 45-70 .500s&w 12rfl 12smb 20smb  .45lc 410smb .22hornet .280AI    Ask not what your country can do for you BUT what can YOU do for your country

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 05:37:46 AM »
A few years ago a load blew off a garbage truck on a freeway in Reno, NV.  It blew out computer printouts identifying Sears customers, SS, DL, numbers, purchase’s, banks and account numbers.  In addition it had home address, phone numbers, credit history.  If you had a Sears Credit card it contained all the personal information the customer gave Sears to obtain the credit card.  If you used a Visa Card or some other Card it contain your card number.

Have you traveled and used your credit card to stay at chain motels?  Have you used your credit card at a restaurant, ordered items from an Internet vendor you have given your information away.

Remember years ago when the NRA got caught up with for selling member information?  I think that has come to a stop.  I subscribe to a number of outdoor magazines, and as a result I get phone calls and mail solicitations from other sources. 

When you get on the computer and order airline tickets, sport event tickets, and you use a credit card you just gave your information away.

When I turned 65 I started receiving all kinds of Medicate mail from private companies that I have never done business with.  I returned their postage paid envelopes empty.

Detroit, or Tokyo has tons of information about you if you have purchased a vehicle.

Even the people who little but have signed up for aid, food stamps. Or been arrested have left tracks.  The local newspaper drops by law enforcement and collects arrest and incident information.  That information ends up in your local library.

Churches are noted on keeping historical recorders on their members.

Your information is out there, and it is in the hands of those cooperate executives that have brought this country down.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.