Author Topic: Buffalo Classic questions  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Scibaer

• Central Michigan, USA, Earth
  • Trade Count: (25)
  • FATE FAVORS THE WISE
Buffalo Classic questions
« on: August 23, 2007, 03:01:16 AM »
This is a carry over question from "my 35whelen wont fire, so i set it in" ...
 will the fine people at NEF mount up a buffalo classic barrel to a non bc reciever ? can i ask to have the bc 32inch barrel mounted and fitted to my 35whelen reciever without any issues ?
  and, as a side question, as anyone taken off the  straight gripped butt stock and replaced it with a monte carlo, or standard style butt stock, with curved grip and cheek rise ?
   glenn

Offline stuffit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Buffalo Classic questions
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 03:50:09 AM »
On the stock revision question....     you mean sorta like this?

Everybody changes their minds sometimes but a fool and a mule.

Deceased

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:13:13 AM »
Yepper... to me, thats looks a hellova lot better then the straight grip stocks..
thats a beautiful rifle there... did you have to get the barrel drilled and tapped for a scope ? or do they come that way ?
glenn

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 04:36:25 AM »
well , i just called NEF, the woman at customer service said that my rifle was boxed and ready to be shipped. she said it should arrive in a few days..
so i figure that to mean a week anyhow.. i asked her what they did, fix the 35 or put on the 45-70 barrel, she said she didnt know, it was on the paperwork, but the paperwork wont get to her until its shipped (  ???) but, ok .. i guess its wait and see time..i hope they didnt ding up my stock ( like i read they have in the past with other peoples guns ), or they'll need to fix that as well..
i'll make a post when it gets here ;D
glenn

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 04:47:06 AM »
Yepper... to me, thats looks a hellova lot better then the straight grip stocks..
thats a beautiful rifle there... did you have to get the barrel drilled and tapped for a scope ? or do they come that way ?
glenn

They come that way.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 05:17:53 AM »
thanks for the reply.. but i guess its a moot point now, they have my rifle boxed and ready to ship out.. i didnt expect them to fix it so fast. maybe they just swapped out my 35whelen for the 45-70 22in barrel, thats what i asked for, and in a week and halfs time, thats prolly what they did..
 i didnt think of the BC barrel untill yesterday, a little to late now.. so we'll see what i end up with ..
glenn

Offline bajabill

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 06:24:53 AM »
couple o things to note

32" 45-70 barrel price does not include sites.  BC gun consists of this barrel, the sites, and a nice walnut stock/forend.  The BC sites and stock are available from HR but I think you would be better buying the gun as a single unit.  If this is what you want.

If you want a gun to be used with open sites, you cant use a monte carlo style stock.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 06:50:29 AM »
RR has a bunch of BCs in stock and for a very good price, they also have the 45Colt Carbine!! If you want a more traditional stock, the Topper Deluxe Classic shotgun stock is available, it's checkered walnut, the comb is higher than a BC stock, but lower than a monte carlo. I have a youth model on my 405 Win Target, it works fine with a scope and looks great, just an option to consider. ;)

Tim

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GCR1871

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=GCR45LC

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:20 PM »
that all sounds real good, i'll have to wait a few days now, and see what NEF has sent me.  i guess its just me, but i really dont like the looks of the straight grip stock..
 and i like the schnable and manlicher style forends too, i got a schnable, and would like another, but who'd in thier right mind trade a regular stock for a schnable anyhow ?  :o
 i''ll post when the rifle gets here..
glenn

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 12:54:47 PM »
Glenn, you can order any stock and forend you wish if you want to custom design your H&R with an accessory barrel and parts, there's also the BC carbine forend which is ~2" shorter than the standard BC forend, checkered walnut too, just short like the standard Handi forend. ;)

Tim

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 05:30:18 PM »
Glenn,
           Please contact me when you decide to get rid of thse ugly BC stocks! I like em!
Don

Offline hunter_54

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 12:03:31 AM »
Stuffit
Where did you get that Wood for your B/C

Offline Scibaer

• FATE FAVORS THE WISE
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 01:20:05 AM »
Glenn,
           Please contact me when you decide to get rid of thse ugly BC stocks! I like em!
Don
Don, well i dont have any BC stocks just yet, lol .. but, but if i when i get my BC, i'll be sure to take off that straight stock and offer it up here for trade or sale ..
 like i said, as of now, im not sure what barrel NEF put on my receiver.. but my next Handi purchase will be a BC..

Tim, are all Handi stocks the same dimention, as far as the mounting lug sits ? will any forend fit any barrel, or are there different dimentions to the mounting lug, based on the barrel lenght ? thanks, glenn

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 04:52:19 AM »
Yes, butts are all the same, the only forend that's different is the 10ga shotgun and 12ga slug gun forends, they're bigger.

Tim

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 04:54:03 AM »
Stuffit
Where did you get that Wood for your B/C

I'm pretty sure that's a GSI stock, they're a GBO sponsor.

Tim

www.gunstocksinc.com

Offline stuffit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Semi-finished stock blanks for Buffalo Classic
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 12:15:58 PM »
hunter_54,
The semi finished walnut blanks came from Gun Stocks Inc. as Quick posted.  Their selection is excellent.  I called and talked with Ed (for us old folks, one phone call is worth a thousand emails) and gave him an idea of what I wanted to do and the wood he selected to send me turned out better than I had any right to expect.  He also helped me out on finishing technique and technical details of which I was ignorant.  This was my first effort at finishing semi-finished blanks and I was/am very grateful for his input.  At the moment I can't remember the exact time of the project but I "think" it may have been before his banner appeared on this forum.  My  opinion is that you can't go wrong doing business with him.  Nice folks up there in Iowa.
Best Regards,
stuffit
Everybody changes their minds sometimes but a fool and a mule.

Deceased