Author Topic: High Prices of Guns  (Read 350 times)

Offline Swampman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (44)
High Prices of Guns
« on: August 26, 2007, 12:36:13 AM »
They sure have gone up a lot.  Several times lately I've passed on nice used ones thinking they were too high.  When I come home and check what there are selling for new, it's twice as much as I thought.  I'm not complaining, just surprised.
"Brother, you say there is but one way to worship and serve the Great Spirit. If there is but one religion, why do you white people differ so much about it? Why not all agreed, as you can all read the Book?" Sogoyewapha, "Red Jacket" - Senaca

1st Special Operations Wing 1975-1983
919th Special Operations Wing  1983-1985 1993-1994

"Manus haec inimica tyrannis / Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem" ~Algernon Sidney~

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Re: High Prices of Guns
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:59:37 AM »
  :'(Everything is going up.  I quit buying new last year.  The used gun market is just as bad, some people are asking for used guns just as much as you can buy one new.  My local trading paper is full of those who are trying to stick it to the uneducated buyer.  I saw a Russain M44 with an asking price of $300.  You can buy them all day long for $100.  The ad said, "GREAT COLLECTORS ITEM! RARE!"  I almost called the number just to get a laugh.

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: High Prices of Guns
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:46:16 AM »
  :'(Everything is going up.  I quit buying new last year.  The used gun market is just as bad, some people are asking for used guns just as much as you can buy one new.  My local trading paper is full of those who are trying to stick it to the uneducated buyer.  I saw a Russain M44 with an asking price of $300.  You can buy them all day long for $100.  The ad said, "GREAT COLLECTORS ITEM! RARE!"  I almost called the number just to get a laugh.

Problem is there is a sucker born every min and one probably fell for the rare BS because they did not know any better. A few years ago when the AK's were selling cheap and the hi cap mags were still legal before the ban a lady dealer at a gun show priced a AK and two hi cap mags and a drum  and a couple hundred rounds of ammo  for close to 800 bucks. At the time you could  buy it all for under 400 bucks.  Some sucker bought it she gave him some speil and he fell for it. The reason I know this is I told her it was marked way to high and no one would buy it. Well I was talking to a friend at an other table and she come up and bragged how she did sell it for the price she had marked.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.