Author Topic: Immigration Petition.  (Read 747 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Immigration Petition.
« on: August 27, 2007, 05:07:46 AM »
The link at the bottom will get you to the petition.  

IMPORTANT: Please forward this email to at least 10 of your friends and family members. Everyone needs to view this explosive new TV ad and sign the petition to the presidential candidates of both parties. Press Here to sign petition.  

Immigration Petition Gutsy New TV Ads  
Sign Labor Day Petition:
Tell Presidential Candidates You Agree With Ads and Want Less Foreign Worker Importation  
Click Here To Sign Petition
and View Ad  
A large coalition of groups is running this TV ad in every region of the country through Labor Day and beyond. The ad includes a brief clip of the outrageous training conference in which a law firm teaches businesses how to avoid hiring American workers so they can import more foreign workers.
All of the presidential candidates will give lip service to American workers and their families on this coming holiday. But nearly all of them are making no promises to correct these abuses or to reduce the massive flow of foreign workers that has been depressing the wages of—and even taking the jobs away from—American workers. In fact, most of the candidates support increasing the flow of foreign labor competition.
More than 27 million jobs in the U.S. are now held by foreign workers while 54 million working-age Americans don't have a job.
Isn't it time to tell candidates that they can't expect American votes if they constantly choose immigration policies that are against the interests of the American workers?
Let's create a mountain of petitions as fast as possible to deliver to the presidential candidates' campaign offices. Please sign the petition and then have this email forwarded to as many contacts as possible.
Sign American Workers Petition
You are receiving this message because you have either indicated interest in
immigration reform, or someone has specifically asked us to let you know about this.

This message is sponsored by NumbersUSA, America's largest-member
immigration-reduction organization. We are non-profit and non-partisan.
NumbersUSA, 1601 N. Kent St. Suite 1100, Arlington, VA 22209

http://www.reformus.org/

Offline jh45gun

Re: Immigration Petition.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 07:37:18 AM »
Did the petition thing a week or so ago it was emailed to me.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:44:36 AM »
first i don't like illegals !
second how could 54 million be out of work ? look at the unemployment figures !
I run adds all the time , Locals very seldom apply , same for my competition !
just maybe they don't want a job !
If ya can see it ya can hit it !

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 08:05:27 AM »
I know here in Alaska the box stores can't get workers, no one wants to work for them.  Wages are too low, they only pay $11.00 an hour.  People will work high paying construction jobs ($35.00 to $45.00 an hour) thru the summer then draw unemployment during the winter.  I'm talking about college students and kids right out of high school.  They won't accept a lower paying job because it lowers their unemployment rate.  That's hard for me to accept since I never drew unemployment.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:15:19 AM »
thats the point , employers can't get people born in the USA to work now ! America needs workers ! cut unemployment and welfare for those who can work and maybe we can get people to work for 11.00 !

Offline powderman

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 12:02:27 PM »
thats the point , employers can't get people born in the USA to work now ! America needs workers ! cut unemployment and welfare for those who can work and maybe we can get people to work for 11.00 !

I'd be tickled to death to get $11 an hr, it would be a raise for me, I work for walmart. I work hard for what I get. We sent workers to 3 other walmart stores last month because they couldn't hire enough help. One store wanted to hire 60 more workers. Interview 20 people, eliminate 10, send 10 for drug test, 3 or 4 will pass. The ones hired don't last long. So much for the mexicans taking the jobs Americans don't want. POWDERMAN ::) ::) ::) ::)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 12:08:19 PM »
I'm not sure I'd get out of bed for $11 an hour.  :o But then I am retired so don't have to.  ;D

I retired back in September of '95 and was making a bit over $25 an hour at the time. Got no clue what the going rate is for the fellow on that job now but I'm sure it's between $35-$40 an hour at least and maybe more as they upgraded the job not long after I retired.

Of course if I could make $11 and hour for all the time I put in here at GBO I'd be rich.  ???

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 01:14:12 PM »
GB not sure what you did , but construction around here starts at 10-11 per hour for green help and goes to 30 for reg. plumbers, sheet metal workers , electricians etc. foreman ans superintent positions a bit more . i can't get kids out of high school to to show up ! i paid over a thousand dollars to put a want add in the local papers so far 12 people have called ! for 4 openings !

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 03:00:00 PM »
Heck I don't think I ever made 11 bucks an hour on a regular job unless it was when I was out in Washington state cutting shake bolts and we got paid not by the hour but what we cut that probably was over 11. I have cut pulp worked in the Restaurant and Bar buisness as a cook and a bartender and did odd laybor jobs. Drove Semi and Drove a bus and non of them jobs paid much. Even the job I had for a short time working on the section crew of a railroad only paid 5 bucks an hour. Only money I made that was over that was playing in a band. by the time I figured out travel time and set up and tear down time and actual playing time it probably came over 11 bucks an hour but that was more of a hobby than a job.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 04:20:43 PM »
I really will not get out of bed for less than $75 an hour and you better have a couple of hours work or I might charge a $45 service call fee...

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 05:05:47 PM »
GB not sure what you did

Federal Civil Service at a local Army Depot. I spent my last 21 years in Quality Assurance and the last 19 in management. I retired as a GS-12. The guy who took my place got promoted to GS-13 less than two years after I retired when all folks in that job at all depots were upgraded.

Matt's pulling ya'll leg, he won't get out of bed before noon regardless. :o

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline NYH1

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
Matt's pulling ya'll leg, he won't get out of bed before noon regardless. :o
Sounds like me, well unless my father and I have something planned..........you know how that go's!   ::)
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 01:02:57 AM »
I believe the illegals are coming to fill a void in the labor market , not to take jobs for the most part !its like blaming the drug dealer for the drug problem , no market no illegal drugs ! same with labor !

Offline powderman

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 03:31:10 AM »
A big part of the problem is that too many companies refuse to provide real jobs, only hobbies. Just an example. There are 14 or 15 on my work crew on 2 shifts. There are 4 of us that work 40 hrs  a week and full time. They haven't hired anybody at full time 40 hrs for 4 years now. Walmart considers 28 hrs a week full time work. A lot of folks get 4 or 5 hrs a day, some 6. My good friend is full time, but she's been there 12+ years so they cut her hours to save theirselves money and give xtra to younger employees making less money. Last Sat she worked from 530 pm to 1000 pm, 4/12 hours, and drove 65 miles round trip for it. I just used walmart as an example, most other companies do the same thing. If companies want help, they should offer real jobs, not hobbies. POWDERMAN.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2007, 04:39:12 PM »
Shootall, we have a very good work force in my area of the country.  We can contribute that to the fact that we have three universities, two junior collages, and several medical related schools.  (extensions from other universities.)  We have our share of wetbacks, but there are plenty of jobs to go around, and plenty of people willing to take them.  My son has really quality people knocking on his door almost daily looking for employment, I know several other business  owners that say the same thing.

I have to agree with you to some extent on finding workers, but the shortage in this area is primarily in construction, (cement or roofing) , or in the farm/ranch industry.  But this is to be expected with the booming economy we have experienced over the past few years.

I have no problem with using immigrants as long as they are legal, but I will maintain, to the day I die, there is no place for an illegal alien on American soil.  While you need them to work, and perhaps line your pockets from their sweat, they are stealing from the rest of us in several areas, resulting in a higher tax base for the legal Americans. 

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 01:35:38 AM »
ROCKBILLY, I don't work illegals , just so you know ! check everyone thru. the instant check system ! maybe thats why i see a shortage ? hum !
i agree about the illegals being here , but when you need labor and have a willing group to supply it the GOVT. needs to get off its collective backside and work it out !

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 05:44:29 AM »
Shootall, please don't take my post personal, I was attempting to make a general statement that applies to many of the folks that do hire illegals, knowingly.

As for the government getting off it's butt, it is awful hard for them to enforce a law when they are guilty of breaking it themselves.  I know for a fact that illegals have been used on military installations to do government contract work.  They are hired by the contractor who is responsible for conducting a security check on the individual before a pass is issued to enter the facility.  It was a joke among some of the grounds keepers on one base that the illegals were working in close proximity to all kinds of classified weapons systems.  Yelp, the gov. needs to clean up it own mess before trying to clean up the country.

Offline SHOOTALL

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 06:46:42 AM »
ROCKBILLY , I don't , you see what so many don't ! Its like the parent that makes the rules but never enforces them ! Can't risk making a child mad now can we , just keep making laws ! I say close the borders , get a count and information on all of the illegals ,find out who wants to stay and who does not , see what our labor needs are and decide who can stay and for how long , and most important keep a record ! make it easy , you would need to enter and leave thru. the same port !
but I'm sure this would make more sense than what will end up being that new law !