Author Topic: How are Kreiger Barrels? Quality, Price, Turnaround  (Read 1356 times)

Offline jasonprox700

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
How are Kreiger Barrels? Quality, Price, Turnaround
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:26:10 AM »
I was wondering what everyone thinks of Kreiger Barrels?  Any experiences?

Offline Rogue Ram

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: How are Kreiger Barrels? Quality, Price, Turnaround
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 06:12:42 PM »
Krieger's barrels used to be cut rifled, probably still are...far as I'm concerned that's all I want for a serious target gun.  I have one on a competition M1A, after break in it holds .75-.50 5 shot groups with iron sights. Darn nice barrels.  His barrels have won a lot of matches through the years. Now just what Krieger is making that Weatherby is using I don't know. I cannot imagine it is the same quality barrel, but I suppose anything is possible.  No experience with his customer service.

RR

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 01:23:30 PM »
Good barrels I've got one on a 280AI and 300mag I'm about ready to order another in 20cal.  The guys over at Bartlein barrels  use to work for Kreiger and are making some great barrel also cut rifle for alittle less money.  You can special order bore and groove dia and speical twist cost alittle more money from both companys.  I've never been in a push to get a barrel so just tell them to ship when it's ready.  I've got barrels from Chanlyn,Rock,Hart,Shilen, Lilja,K&P,Broughton plus some others and so far all have been good shooters some have been chambered by the barrel manufactor others by a local gunsmith.  If you don't have a gunsmith who could do a good job I'd select a barrel manufactor and let them chamber the rifle.  My last Pac-Nor was an ? barrel so I won't use them again.  I've never selected a barrel based on cost  I just try and match barrel to what I want to shoot for my 243AI I used a Hart and 300Wby a Lilja really like his 1/11 twist barrel and a Broughton for a 300WSM in 1/12 twist.  I like to spread my barrels around getting a Bartlein in 25 cal.  Well good luck

Offline ssghelmick

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 05:52:01 PM »
Krieger's barrels used to be cut rifled, probably still are...far as I'm concerned that's all I want for a serious target gun.  I have one on a competition M1A, after break in it holds .75-.50 5 shot groups with iron sights. Darn nice barrels.  His barrels have won a lot of matches through the years. Now just what Krieger is making that Weatherby is using I don't know. I cannot imagine it is the same quality barrel, but I suppose anything is possible.  No experience with his customer service.

RR

The barrels used on Weatherby rifles are Criterion barrels which are button riffled. Criterion was started in 1999 by Krieger for the sole purpose of sales to the O.E.M. market such as Weatherby and others. Krieger barrels are still button rifled and a one of the best quality barrels I have ever used.

Offline roper

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2008, 10:01:00 AM »

The barrels used on Weatherby rifles are Criterion barrels which are button riffled. Criterion was started in 1999 by Krieger for the sole purpose of sales to the O.E.M. market such as Weatherby and others. Krieger barrels are still button rifled and a one of the best quality barrels I have ever used.
[/quote]

http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/FAQ-c1246-wp3352.htm

might want to read this ssghelmick

Offline ssghelmick

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 10:24:02 AM »

http://www.kriegerbarrels.com/FAQ-c1246-wp3352.htm

might want to read this ssghelmick
[/quote]

Sorry I guess I was typing and not reading what I wrote. Kriegers are indeed cut rifled not button rifled like the criterion barrels. Did not mean to send out disinformation,