Author Topic: We've been abandoned  (Read 1252 times)

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
We've been abandoned
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:52:37 AM »

Most of you people don't know about what has been happening here in Alaska.  Our previous Governor Frank Merkowski, appointed his daughter to fill his seat in the US Senate.  Then pressured our Legislature to pass a sweetheart deal for the oil companies, virtually giving away our oil to British Petroleum, and Exxon-Mobil.  The residents of the state were in shock when this bill got passed, so we elected a new governor, Sarah Palin.  Then the indictments started coming down from the FBI.  Seems the president of VECO had over half of our legislators in his pocket.  At present three Legislators, and the presedent and vice-presedent of VECO, have been indicted on bribary charges.

Also the Ex-Mayor of Fairbanks and his wife have been indicted for using grant money from the Federal Government to purchase personal items.  To the tune of several hundred thousand dollars.  Now the FBI is investigating the Senator that funneled the money to them, Senator Ted Stevens.  Yes the longest serving Senator in history, Uncle Ted.  Also VECO paid the bills for upgrading his home here in Alaska.

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  There is so much corruption up here it is ridiculous.  Then the Republican National Committee sent me a letter today asking if I have abandoned the party.  They also sent out this to many other people here in Alaska as well, and I would assume to the rest of the nation.  Anyway this person mirrors my sentiments exact ally.  I got this out of the Fairbanks Daily News Miner today.Abandoned party

Aug. 25, 2007

To the editor:

I recently received a letter from the Republican National Committee, noting that I have not sent any money in 2007 and asking if I had abandoned the Republican party. Have I abandoned it?

This is the same party as a former Fairbanks mayor who is charged with stealing federal grant money. It is the same party as a former borough assemblyman who was caught with his fingers in the till and forced to resign. The state party chair was caught on ethics violations, yet refused to resign, and the state committee lacked the moral integrity to fire him.

I have lost track of how many Republican House members are under investigation allegedly for selling Alaska to Veco. Both of our U.S. senators and our congressman, Republicans all, are tainted by corruption.

Our former senator turned governor, “The Great Frank Murkowski” after gracing us with his presence in Juneau, sent his own daughter to fill his senate seat. He is presently on a world tour. Does he dare return to the US or is a federal indictment awaiting him as well?

The Republican Party used to stand for less government interference in our lives. But now, a Republican administration is spying on us, for our own safety of course. The same administration requires Americans to surrender their constitutional right against unreasonable searches, and suffer multiple indignities just to fly between U.S. cities, while our southern border is wide open.

The party used to stand for less government spending, yet our conservative president has the largest budget in history, not counting the war!

This same president took us into a war that he does not have the courage to let us fight and win. He sends our troops into battle with rules of engagement as confining as the cells occupied by the two Federal agents that his attorney wrongly convicted for shooting a Mexican drug smuggler.

For 12 years we had a Republican majority in Congress. What did they accomplish besides feathering their own nests?

No, I have not abandoned the Republican Party. Those crooks left town in the dark of the night. They have abandoned us.

Curtis Stables

North Pole
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: We've been abandoned
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 10:43:45 AM »
I feel your pain......

I wish there were other choices.......
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline jhm

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 12:06:31 PM »
I find it hard to believe that their wasnt any mention of any Democrats feeding at the trough, If they knew it was going on they would have been there with both hands out just like every one else, so lets wait until the smoke clears and get a full list of who was involved, after all there are lots of things that go on and we are the last to know.   JIM

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:13:24 PM »
I understand that Democratic Ex-Govenor Tony Knowles is also under investigation for his dealing with the oil companies also.  So some Democrates may have their tails in the same wringer as well.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Online Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
We've ALL been abandoned for GREED
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 12:12:20 AM »
Whew.  And here I thought it was just the waters off of the pristine Recreational Coasts of Florida that were being GIVEN AWAY to the Oil Slick Robber Barons.   

Why does it not constantly surprise me that GREED is the underlying sentiment in all of these dealings?  Where is "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington" when needed?  Are there no "Officers and Gentlemen" or "A Few Good Men" anymore? 

That right there is an underlying reason a lot of this "S t u f f" happens.  We're fed (and eat) a constant stream of inane mind numbing Boob-Tube fare, like proverbial laboratory rats, that allows us to stay uninformed.  The TV turns OFF too.  Converse with a NEIGHBOR.  A lot of inner city folks don't even KNOW their neighbors.  Go outside and enjoy LIFE before there is no OUTSIDE left to enjoy.

When the greedy are finished eating the last slice of the American Pie, what will be left as our Children's Children's Children's Birthright except an empty dirty plate, the bill and the stiffed tip? 

Now some slick attorneys will get rich off of this mess, which the lower 48 States have heard little about, at the Taxpayer's expense (another GREEDY siphon).  Guess it is easier to keep under wraps "way up there" at the Pole (been there, done that, neat place, but COLD!).  Must be that the Media is also in on it.

I'm positive this is not inherent to only the Republican Party.  The Siren's Song of Greed and Corruption is a continuous melody.  It seems to be incumbent on the Elected to become enriched before, during, and following their tenure in office.  "Let them eat Cake" appears to be their rallying cry now that the Guillotine is outlawed.

Thanks for keeping us updated. 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2007, 01:06:03 AM »
It's not gonna be all that long before you find out the entire nation has been given away and you along with it. I've been saying for years now that the time was approaching when life in the US would be worse than it ever was in communisit Russia. Hang onto your hate cuz the ride is about to begin.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 01:13:36 AM »
It's not gonna be all that long before you find out the entire nation has been given away and you along with it. I've been saying for years now that the time was approaching when life in the US would be worse than it ever was in communisit Russia. Hang onto your hate cuz the ride is about to begin.

Hillary will save us!

Offline tscott

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 02:58:02 AM »
It's really hard to explain to my wonderful southern friends, how rural NY is. I miss the lakes, streams, mts. all the time. As an older parent, I grew tired trying to save for my little girls college, and support NYC. Now I like NC just fine, and I'm not going back. I just dream of clear mountain lakes in the Hudson Valley, and of all things the deer woods, virtually overlooking NYC. Do people watch too much Law and Order?... absolutely! Of course I'm ruminating, but Dylan was/is right! "The times, they are a changin' "!!!

Offline Casull

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 08:43:05 AM »

GB things may or may not get bad.  BUT, how could they be worse than communist Russia.  Didn't Stalin oversee the murders of about 40,000,000 people?  I know you're trying to make a point, but I think you overstated yourself a bit.   ;)
Aim small, miss small!!!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2007, 10:12:14 AM »
I hope you are correct. But I don't think so. If you've still not seen it this time next year I'll perhaps concede I was in error but I think that by then there will likely be no operational internet for us to discuss it on or freedom to do so even if it still is there for folks in other coutries.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline powderman

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2007, 03:32:26 PM »
I hope you are correct. But I don't think so. If you've still not seen it this time next year I'll perhaps concede I was in error but I think that by then there will likely be no operational internet for us to discuss it on or freedom to do so even if it still is there for folks in other coutries.

I hope ypu're wrong, sounds like you expect a dumcrap president, thats sad. POWDERMAN.  :( :( :( :( :( :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline copilot001

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 04:54:01 PM »
One good thing about the chinese...they know how to handle corruption... .9mm behind the ear
A bit drastic...but it works...at least for them ;D
Now....If we ever decided to handle federal or state corruption the same way you,ll see who all the corrupt rats are...they,ll be skipping off to countries with no extradition treaties.
As it is...all they get right now is a severe slapping about the wrists...after all...the wrist slappers might be caught next year :o

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2007, 05:33:02 PM »
We found a good person that is standing up to the oil companies.  They are screaming foul, British patrolium and Exon are running spots on TV as to how they can't live with the new programs Sara Palin has implimented.  But the small indipendent oil compinies are really coming to the program as fast as they can get here.

Now some people in Colorado are trying to draft her to run as someones Vice Presedential candidate in 2008 (No you can't have her she is not done here yet.).  She has made a name for herself in the Governors meetings. 
What Is A Veteran?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »
The fact that we have been abandoned is nothing new. As GB says, hang on. NAFTA, GAT, THE PATRIOT ACT,! It will get a lot worse and gun powder and lead will be worth more than the dollar.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline oldandslow

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 03:05:55 PM »
The Republicans certainly don't have a lock on bring crooks. Here in New Mexico it is the Democrats who stay in trouble. The last two State Treasurers are in jail. Of course the Democratic Party holds sway in NM, always have and probably always will since most of the votes are in the northern part of the state. Once in a while we elect a Republican governor who holds them in check for a while.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 02:52:33 AM »
   Oldandslow;

Problem is, we have heard about Ted stevens all over the TV news...but no info on the Democrats in NM...

Obviously, the liberally biased major media "strain" the news the provide us...

Tscott;

I can fully understand the point you are putting forth..When talking to people as I travel I find that they have a different concept of NY state than what it really is.

The population centers are in  NY City area..then from the Albany environs west along the Erie Canal to Buffalo. NY has a high percentage of rural area..and this rural area is not some parched out, dead expanse but most often rolling to mountainous, wooded and game filled.
    The real curse for most of us is that the cities/suburbs have the population density and out-vote us; they being basically Lib/Demo and outside the cities more conservative...therefore, the people of perhaps 10% of the land area run the show for the rest of us...people that for the most part have no concept of what a hunter's heart is all about .
   Another pain is that the general nature and attitude of the people of NYC is very different from those in upstate or western NY. So often, when folks from parts south find that we hail from NY, we are often written off as a "smart aleky city dude".

I am always quick to point out that my home is further from NY City than Richmond Va., Morgantown, WV, or Williamsport Pa..... Folks in western NY are basically much like midwesterners..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline gypsyman

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2007, 03:13:02 AM »
There must be a transition in a persons way of thinking, when he/she gets elected. I can't believe that all these people that get elected start out with the mind thought of how can I screw my constituents. But it sure seems that alot of them end up that way. Must be the power and the money get to them. I do believe that we are in for rough times ahead. -gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2007, 08:25:27 AM »
Talk about people changing their way of thinking.  Look at Alaskian legislators.  We elect them on a platform, then they go to that remote fishing villege called Juneau.  Once they get there, away from public scrutiny, and under the influnce of the lobbyist, they are not the same people.
What Is A Veteran?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2007, 12:21:20 PM »
Money talks and BS walks. When they get there via their BS to you and that money from the lobbyist begins to flow their way all those promises are but a long ago dream to them.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline doncisler

• Avid Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 03:39:03 PM »
you vote for people and always end up electing politicians
put em where you want em

nra life menber
nahc life menber