Author Topic: New Nc Mark III  (Read 520 times)

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
New Nc Mark III
« on: August 27, 2007, 07:16:37 PM »
Just mounted my new Nc Star Mark III 4-14X50 with rangefinding reticle on millet 30 mm rings and Leupold base.After shooting another Nc on my .17 hmr all summer I decided to give one a shot on the 7mag,it has all the bells and whistles for a target/hunting scope and Im really impressed with the clarity at 14x.I will post a report after sight in and again after a season in the field.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline NONYA

Re: New Nc Mark III
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 03:05:10 PM »
Just sighted it in and put 50 rnds through it.Shooting cheap hornaday soft nose 154s off of the bipod i got some relatively great groups.The lower right target was used to get it sighted in at 100 and the center and upper right groups were shot after going 5 clicks in both directions with the elevation and windage turrets and then returning it to zero.Cant wait to see what i can do with some accurate loads like ballistic tips or accubonds,they have always shot the smallest groups in my 7 mag.BTW that lighted reticle came in handy while shooting in the shade.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 07:31:43 PM »
 NONYA:  I have been looking forward to a post hunting season report on your Nc Mark III scope.  What is you opinion of the scope after a few months in the field?  Or is it to soon to post an opinion?
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline NONYA

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 07:54:57 PM »
Accuracy was 100% all season,took 3 antelope,1 big MD buck,1 wt doe,and 5 MD does with it,along with a few yotes,badgers,ect ect,made several shots over 300 yards,a few head shots over 300.Never had to adjust even with my rifle treatment(less than gentle).The only negative I have found with it is it doesnt have the first light of the day brightness that the higherend (leupold) scopes have.I have no intentions of replacing it.I may even replace the leupold rxII on my 8 mag with another one,fixed power,mildot,target turrets, and do some serious long range shooting next season.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 08:16:54 PM »
Thanks for the update.
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.