Author Topic: Hi-standard  (Read 744 times)

Offline copilot001

• Trade Count: (0)
Hi-standard
« on: August 28, 2007, 04:34:16 PM »
first post here  for me ;D
an older friend is thining out his collection and made me an offer I couldn,t refuse...
A Hi-Standard .22 semi auto...don,t think It,s ever been fired It,s got Field-king on the left side and on the right FK 101. and serial #487xxx.
came with two barrels....A short one and a long one with a compinsator at the muzzle what did he give me?
checked Numrich,s list and couldn,t find it listed for parts,,,guess i could E-mail Hi-standard but thought I,d try here first .

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Hi-standard
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 04:40:29 PM »
The field grade version of the High Standard target gun is basically what you have. Nice enough gun but not quite the equal of the HS target guns which in my opinion were the best and most accurate ever made.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline copilot001

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 05:06:19 AM »
well.....the target one would have been nice, but since I got this one for next to free.....whats the old saying?    "don,t look a gifthorse in the mouth"  ;D
I guess the target model would share common parts, like firing pin/spring and extracter....I don,t sell my guns but rather keep them forever, that way theres no regret a few months down the road :'(
Got a whole bunch of new stuff this year and havn,t taken them to the range yet :-[

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 02:20:27 AM »
I shot a Citation in bullseye matches for years, very nice guns. Very accurate and reliable.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!

Offline copilot001

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 05:46:00 PM »
I,ll be taking this one to the range this weekend,see how it and I do ;)

Offline copilot001

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 04:46:01 AM »
It,s an accurate little thing, at least with the long barrel....the short barrel was OK but nothing to brag about.
took several brands of ammo with me and it just cycled them all. have to just sit down with it and see which ammo it really likes. what I need now is a couple extra mags...this one is a keeper,going to use it as an entry level gun for the wife who thinks guns are too loud, stinky, and oily....considering most of my other stuff is black powder, she,s right ;D

Offline S.B.

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 06:22:33 AM »
Which grip frame do you have? If it's the military one, email me about the mags? It's in my profile.
"The Original Point and Click Interface was a Smith & Wesson."
Life member of NRA, USPSA,ISRA
AF&AM #294
LIUNA #996 for the past 34 years/now retired!