Author Topic: Auld Reekie bear hunt  (Read 2322 times)

Offline olbiffer

• Trade Count: (0)
Auld Reekie bear hunt
« on: August 29, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »
got back a few days ago from my first black bear hunt to Canada. We went to Auld Reekie Lodge in Gowganda, Ontario and had a great time and hunt. I took a 235# boar with a beatiful white 'V' on his chest. The lodge and all the equipment are first rate, the guides are second to none, the fishing is good, and Urs and Diane are two of the finest people I have ever met. This was more than just a hunt, it was an experience! check them out at www.auldreekielodge.com.

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Auld Reekie bear hunt
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:41:31 PM »
I also hunted with this outfitter the second week of bear hunting and I was about to write up a review just like the one you already typed up.  Dianne and Urs are two of the most genuinely good people I've ever met.  It felt more like hunting with friends or family.  Everyone I was with had an opportunity to take a good bear and there are plenty of them there.  I couldn't agree more with olbiffer had to say about them!

Offline damascusblade5

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Auld Reekie bear hunt
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 09:17:08 PM »
 I had the privilige of killing the first bear there under Urs and Diannes ownership. It is truly a nice lodge,plenty of scenery around, great hunting and truly nice folks.  The bear in the avatar is the one I took there, 288# boar, 3rd day of the hunt. My dad also took one.
As my good friend William Lee Golden sings"Thank God For Kids"