Author Topic: OT Then and Now  (Read 253 times)

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
OT Then and Now
« on: August 29, 2007, 05:25:58 PM »
I Just finished watching an old VCR tape we had, of a Lassie movie, with my granddaughter.

Timmy and Lassie accidently ended up in a helium baloon and drifted to canada.

The baloon crashed in tree tops, and (getting to the point now) he got himself and Lassie out of the tree, and managed to start a fire on his own (using a bow method), made a longbow and arrows (he carried a 4" knife on his belt), hunted and killed a wild pig, even had to finish it off with a club, cause it was still fighting Lassie.

Later he showed he knew how to catch a fish with hand line, and even built a raft from a rope.

I cannot even imagine ANY major movie co. making a fild nowdays, that showed a kid even carrying a knife like his, much less actually knowing how to use it, and the scene of clubbing the pig would be a major PC no-no.  Nevermind it was a life or death situation, the HSUS would rather HE starve.

Time have changed a bit and NOT for the better.  Oh yes, he crashed his raft too, passed out at the river bank and a stranger picked him up and took care of him.  The stranger didn't even molest him.  What's this world coming to?

We've been in the news here lately, where some sub-human creep has been jumping the school fences and fondling the 7 year old girls.  All three of my kids went to that elementry school.

He's a young hispanic male, and my daughter, who still lives in the area, says there have been carloads of hispanic men cruising the streets looking for him.

I really do hope they find him before the sheriff does.
God, Family, and guns, in that order!