Author Topic: AARP Affiliations - do you know?  (Read 564 times)

Offline k8bor

• Trade Count: (0)
AARP Affiliations - do you know?
« on: August 30, 2007, 08:11:28 AM »
Does anyone have any idea of how the AARP stands in relation to gun control? The reason I ask is that my wife shoved a membership card in my hand the other day and said she had signed me up. In the foggiest parts of my brain, I recall I had been avoiding AARP because of certain anti-gun affiliations I was made aware of a number of years ago. Any feedback would be appreciated.

de k8bor (dave)

Offline jh45gun

Re: AARP Affiliations - do you know?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:39:58 AM »
aarp Is big time anti gun for that reason I will not join and told them to take their applications and stick them. The dummies keep sending me them and I just toss them. I figure if they want to spend their anti gun money begging me to join let them waste it. If it was me I would contact them and say it was a mistake and you do not want to join or be contacted thogh trust me they will keep bothering you.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline tomzuki

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
Yep! They are a big campaign contributor to candidates that do not support the 2nd Amend.
Tomzuki

Offline toysoldier

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 12:03:18 PM »
AARP is NOT an advocacy group for seniors. It is a front for the insurance industry.

Offline JoeG52

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 02:28:50 PM »
aarp Is big time anti gun for that reason I will not join and told them to take their applications and stick them. The dummies keep sending me them and I just toss them. I figure if they want to spend their anti gun money begging me to join let them waste it. If it was me I would contact them and say it was a mistake and you do not want to join or be contacted thogh trust me they will keep bothering you.

I return them in the postage paid envelopes without any money and a short note that I don't like their politics. Let them pay the postage to hear my two cents.

Offline coldmold

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 02:37:38 PM »
LIKE TOY SOLDIER Sid they are in reality nothing more than an insurance co, There was a good article on the aarp some years ago thaqt pointed out that the who thing was started by a couple of guys to do just that sell insurance. They are very anti gun,

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:18:58 PM »
I put Christian tracks in their envelopes and send them back to them. The post office said that by the time they (aarp) paid the postage and someone to open them, it costs aarp about $0.90 an envelope. :-*
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline beemanbeme

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2007, 04:19:01 PM »
They are anti gun and they will sell your name and address to every tom, dick and harry on the planet.  I do what Dee does.  Only I just tear up all the junk mail I've received that day and send it to them.  They only have to pay when they get the mail BACK.

Offline doncisler

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 03:56:14 PM »
toysoldier said it best.  aarp is NOT an advocacy group for seniors its goal is to promote itself and its affiliated insurance and sales groups.
put em where you want em

nra life menber
nahc life menber

Offline k8bor

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 02:10:29 AM »
I thought as much, thanks for the input guys............

Dave